Peter Hill-Wood

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Peter Hill-Wood

Postby alessio » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:38 pm

Sorry I'm from Italy and I don't know why Hill-Wood is so hated by some fans...Can someone please explain to me?
alessio
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby LMAO » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:44 pm

Peter Hill-Wood, 2014:
Thoroughly ignorant people seem to have a say nowadays. It is a few hotheads jumping up and down thinking they are being clever. It is the most ridiculous way to behave really because normal people are forever saying boards act too hastily when they get rid of a manager.

Here we have a really good one with the team sixth in the league and into the last 16 of the Champions League for the 15th consecutive season. Arsene would be entitled to ask them, "What the hell do you want?"

Frankly, I don't think the club will be paying any attention to them at all. I don't take too much notice of it and it isn't going to influence the board, I am sure of that.

I think you must get a bit pissed off when you've done such a terrific job and work up to 24 hours a day and you get a whole lot of ignorant people jumping up and down and screaming their heads off.

Translation: f**k the fans.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:37 am

RIP.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:29 am

While the Hill-Woods have largely run the club since its inception and created a club we all adore we can be in no doubt that PHW was an absolute dick. I doth my hat because he has passed and he is oart of Arsenal folklore, but certainly not because he was an admirable man. He was a self centered arsehole who had contempt for the fans.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Goners » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:39 pm

He should have ‘thank you for your interest in my affairs’ written on his gravestone..
'Thank you for your interest in our affairs'....PHW
Goners
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk