The Manager Referendum

Unai REMAINERS (IN)
10%
Unai LEAVERS (OUT)
90%

Total votes : 105

Re: Emery Out

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Tbh all the exciting stuff he did at the start is now becoming a right ballache every game.

No idea what team we will start with in any given game, no idea what formation and people will get randomly subbed at half time despite doing better than at least 3 other players on the pitch.

Sort it out Unai ffs, cos your tactics aren't exactly exciting anyway.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LegendaryKeown » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:27 pm

For those saying Emery's football isn't... errr... exciting, can you tell me what's so different from Arsene's keep the f***ing ball approach? It's not like we're playing hoofball now
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:27 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:Pretty sure the OP is a joke tbf

It isn't a joke, it is blatant trolling and exactly what everyone here should expect from alexafc.

For some reason the mods haven't done anything about him despite him consistently doing this for years

Also on another thread saying Unai ruined Niles, as if he'd given one good performance under Wenger

The game against United where he pocketed Pogba and Matic springs to mind
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LegendaryKeown » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:28 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

It isn't a joke, it is blatant trolling and exactly what everyone here should expect from alexafc.

For some reason the mods haven't done anything about him despite him consistently doing this for years

Also on another thread saying Unai ruined Niles, as if he'd given one good performance under Wenger

The game against United where he pocketed Pogba and Matic springs to mind

Is that the one we lost 2-1 and our only goal was against the run of play by Mkhitaryan? o_O
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:29 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:For those saying Emery's football isn't... errr... exciting, can you tell me what's so different from Arsene's keep the f***ing ball approach? It's not like we're playing hoofball now

Would be interested to see the stats tbh, think we play a lot more long balls now.

Up to Auba mostly and out to the advanced full backs from the other side of the pitch. Plus if you compare to anything other than Wenger's last 2-3 years then this football is dog.
Last edited by Santi on Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:29 pm

Yep and Niles still had an excellent game.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:30 pm

Pudpop wrote:

Trolling is joking. Nobody is being offended here ffs. If everyone responded with a 'rofl' or whatever then the WUMing would stop.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:32 pm

Tbh I don't think anyone is really taking the title seriously. I took it more as a 'we've had a bad game and want to moan about Emery's flaws so far' type of thing.

Sacking him now would be ludicrous. Needs time, he should get til this point next year unless we start slipping towards 10th and out of all cups.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LegendaryKeown » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:32 pm

Santi wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:For those saying Emery's football isn't... errr... exciting, can you tell me what's so different from Arsene's keep the f***ing ball approach? It's not like we're playing hoofball now

Would be interested to see the stats tbh, think we play a lot more long balls now.

Up to Auba mostly and out to the advanced full backs from the other side of the pitch. Plus if you compare to anything other than Wenger's last 2-3 years then this football is dog.

For me, a lot of the complaining is bizarre.

Is it Emery's fault we have no wingers?

Is it Emery's fault that Wenger left us with no senior CB's other than Mustafi?

Is it Emery's fault Wenger left us with the worst midfield we've had in 20 years or so?

I don't want to absolve him of all blame, his tactical mistakes today were his alone, but he needs at least two more windows to fix this. I'm more than happy with him getting Sokratis and Torreira. We need two more signings like that in midfield in defence, and two wingers. That requires at least two more windows

Until then, exciting football = Concede goals
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Pudpop » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:33 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

Trolling is joking. Nobody is being offended here ffs. If everyone responded with a 'rofl' or whatever then the WUMing would stop.

No. Trolling like this is exactly what will drag forums like GW back to the toxic environment that Wenger's last few seasons created. The 'joke' isn't funny and allowing it to stay fosters that same environment
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Santi wrote:

I thought we were going to see football where we look to attack with the ball and apply high pressing without. Wasn't that what Emery said ?

Yet we seem insistent on playing down the wings, even though we don't have a single winger at the club. And in doing that we basically make Ozil redundant.

Fair enough if Unai wants to play like this but a) sign a winger in the summer or don't ship Reiss out or b) setup around our best players (i.e. Ozil, Auba, Laca) until Jan/Summer when you an strengthen properly

I don't know how anyone can justify these tactics.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:37 pm

Santi wrote:

our xG this season after 19 games is ~28 goals with 41 scored

at this point last campaign our xG was ~38 with 34 scored

so our quality of chance has lowered or our standard of finishing has increased exponentially
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:38 pm

Sorry but to the above post ^^ Unai was happy to loan out Chambers & Bielik (CB) and Reiss (winger) so he can have no complaints about lack of depth tbh
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:40 pm

Sims wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:
Sims wrote:dont think anyone really wants him out but there is a cause for concern about the future of the football club given the decisions being made

i fear he's not the right fit for the club, like mourinho was at united but he still won them some trophies. we need to be progressive rather than trying to transform into sevilla

Emery managed Sevilla would beat Wenger managed Arsenal 9 times out of 10, and I'm not even joking here.

probably, he managed to beat an early klopp liverpool too

but i dont really care tbh, all i care about is the now and arsenal

It's worth checking Emery's record against the other top managers and teams. It's not pretty. That was one of main concerns when he was announced.

But this thread is silly. Some of his decisions are worrying and all will be forgotten if he's able to steer the results in the right direction. One thing for sure, he needs a busy January transfer window if he intends on sabotaging Ozil and Lacazette's Arsenal careers.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:40 pm

Embarrassing. I literally cringed reading the 1st page.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts