Leandro Trossard (19)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:46 pm

Copium brought about by the superb jobs both Mikel and Edu are doing.
This place is a psychologists dream. ;)
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 26255
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby swipe right » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:51 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Copium brought about by the superb jobs both Mikel and Edu are doing.
This place is a psychologists dream. ;)

Accept them facts as I have delivered them. Your smoke and mirror routine is not working on me.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7597
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby swipe right » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:52 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
swipe right wrote:Never forget, Edu and Arteta wanted Mudryk and Caicedo, but god said oh no you don’t and sorted us out with Trossard and Rice. It's why I pray.

:pray: :clap:

We got super lucky

Yup. Lucky is Arteta’s middle name. A blundering novice dining at the high table.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7597
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:52 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Copium brought about by the superb jobs both Mikel and Edu are doing.
This place is a psychologists dream. ;)

Accept them facts as I have delivered them. Your smoke and mirror routine is not working on me.


Facts - did you read them in The Sun?
Or maybe the Daily Mail is more likely.
I prefer to focus on what actually happened - and that is a squad build that has transformed our entire club and turned us into title challengers.
Seems reasonable as opposed to whining about things that didn't happen just because Mikel has made you look a bit silly . :sneaky2:
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 26255
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby VCC » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:59 pm

Can't wait for the Arteta developed Rice, Trossard, Raya
He has done a stunning job of Ramsdale rocking in the corner
User avatar
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 15209
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby swipe right » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:03 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Copium brought about by the superb jobs both Mikel and Edu are doing.
This place is a psychologists dream. ;)

Accept them facts as I have delivered them. Your smoke and mirror routine is not working on me.


Facts - did you read them in The Sun?
Or maybe the Daily Mail is more likely.
I prefer to focus on what actually happened - and that is a squad build that has transformed our entire club and turned us into title challengers.
Seems reasonable as opposed to whining about things that didn't happen just because Mikel has made you look a bit silly . :sneaky2:

Jay,
You know the truth. We bid multiple times for Mudryk and Caicedo and they chose Chelsea. Our backups were Trossard and Rice. These are FACTS.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7597
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:04 pm

VCC wrote:Can't wait for the Arteta developed Rice, Trossard, Raya
He has done a stunning job of Ramsdale rocking in the corner

Lol

That might not come. Those 3 are on the hate list
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35148
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby Rockape » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:09 pm

Rice was always our main target plus Mudryk. Caicedo was a back up in case Rice fell through.
User avatar
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 4766
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am
Location: Puerto Pollensa when not in Surrey

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:09 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Copium brought about by the superb jobs both Mikel and Edu are doing.
This place is a psychologists dream. ;)

Accept them facts as I have delivered them. Your smoke and mirror routine is not working on me.


Facts - did you read them in The Sun?
Or maybe the Daily Mail is more likely.
I prefer to focus on what actually happened - and that is a squad build that has transformed our entire club and turned us into title challengers.
Seems reasonable as opposed to whining about things that didn't happen just because Mikel has made you look a bit silly . :sneaky2:

Jay,
You know the truth. We bid multiple times for Mudryk and Caicedo and they chose Chelsea. Our backups were Trossard and Rice. These are FACTS.


I don't know the inner workings of player negotiations or the games that clubs and agents play to get their deals done.
Neither do the media - 95% of everyone they say we are after never materialise and if all the rumours were true we'd be spending £10bn a season.
In the absence of detail, what we can go on is what we actually did.
Or you can cry about things that might have been in the works that would have been mistakes IF we actually made those mistakes.
Seems a bit weird to be focused on that instead of the brilliant work that has been done to build the squad.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 26255
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby swipe right » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:16 pm

Although the clubs were in regular dialogue, suggesting areas of compromise throughout, Arsenal made three distinct offers. The first came in late December totalling around €60m and, before that offer had been made, the Gunners had been given positive vibes from the player's camp that he was open to moving to Emirates Stadium. Indeed, Shakhtar chief executive Sergei Palkin claimed in an interview with The Athletic that manager Mikel Arteta, technical director Edu and Arsenal's Ukrainian defender Oleksandr Zinchenko called Mudryk "almost every day, every two days, every three days."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/ ... atform=amp
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7597
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:21 pm

swipe right wrote:Although the clubs were in regular dialogue, suggesting areas of compromise throughout, Arsenal made three distinct offers. The first came in late December totalling around €60m and, before that offer had been made, the Gunners had been given positive vibes from the player's camp that he was open to moving to Emirates Stadium. Indeed, Shakhtar chief executive Sergei Palkin claimed in an interview with The Athletic that manager Mikel Arteta, technical director Edu and Arsenal's Ukrainian defender Oleksandr Zinchenko called Mudryk "almost every day, every two days, every three days."


Did Edu and Arteta tell you that - or did you read it somewhere?
How do you know we were not keeping our interest in Trossard hidden by feeding BS to the press and Mudryks agent?

I am not saying you are wrong - but you'll need to provide a video of Edu or Arteta saying they have bid for Mudryk.
What I am saying is that it doesn't matter at all. Even if it were the case we were after Mudryk, it's brilliant work to have Trossard as a back up plan and get the deal over the line so quickly.

The bottom line is we're top of the league again - after challenging for the title last year too and it's because of the fabulous transfer work and world class coaching / club management.
It's like I still see people obsessing over Aubumawingie, Pepe, Balogun and Guendouzi etc - or crying regularly about other teams signings.
Just weird behaviour.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 26255
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby swipe right » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:25 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:Although the clubs were in regular dialogue, suggesting areas of compromise throughout, Arsenal made three distinct offers. The first came in late December totalling around €60m and, before that offer had been made, the Gunners had been given positive vibes from the player's camp that he was open to moving to Emirates Stadium. Indeed, Shakhtar chief executive Sergei Palkin claimed in an interview with The Athletic that manager Mikel Arteta, technical director Edu and Arsenal's Ukrainian defender Oleksandr Zinchenko called Mudryk "almost every day, every two days, every three days."


Did Edu and Arteta tell you that - or did you read it somewhere?
How do you know we were not keeping our interest in Trossard hidden by feeding BS to the press and Mudryks agent?

I am not saying you are wrong - but you'll need to provide a video of Edu or Arteta saying they have bid for Mudryk.
What I am saying is that it doesn't matter at all. Even if it were the case we were after Mudryk, it's brilliant work to have Trossard as a back up plan and get the deal over the line so quickly.

The bottom line is we're top of the league again - after challenging for the title last year too and it's because of the fabulous transfer work and world class coaching / club management.
It's like I still see people obsessing over Aubumawingie, Pepe, Balogun and Guendouzi etc - or crying regularly about other teams signings.
Just weird behaviour.

My first post was proving the poor judgement of the manager and DoF in choosing Mudryk over Trossard. You questioned it and I just proved to you that I was right. Now you’re throwing your toys out of the pram by wanting audio evidence of Edu and Arteta. This is what a poor loser does.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7597
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:30 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:Although the clubs were in regular dialogue, suggesting areas of compromise throughout, Arsenal made three distinct offers. The first came in late December totalling around €60m and, before that offer had been made, the Gunners had been given positive vibes from the player's camp that he was open to moving to Emirates Stadium. Indeed, Shakhtar chief executive Sergei Palkin claimed in an interview with The Athletic that manager Mikel Arteta, technical director Edu and Arsenal's Ukrainian defender Oleksandr Zinchenko called Mudryk "almost every day, every two days, every three days."


Did Edu and Arteta tell you that - or did you read it somewhere?
How do you know we were not keeping our interest in Trossard hidden by feeding BS to the press and Mudryks agent?

I am not saying you are wrong - but you'll need to provide a video of Edu or Arteta saying they have bid for Mudryk.
What I am saying is that it doesn't matter at all. Even if it were the case we were after Mudryk, it's brilliant work to have Trossard as a back up plan and get the deal over the line so quickly.

The bottom line is we're top of the league again - after challenging for the title last year too and it's because of the fabulous transfer work and world class coaching / club management.
It's like I still see people obsessing over Aubumawingie, Pepe, Balogun and Guendouzi etc - or crying regularly about other teams signings.
Just weird behaviour.

My first post was proving the poor judgement of the manager and DoF in choosing Mudryk over Trossard. You questioned it and I just proved to you that I was right. Now you’re throwing your toys out of the pram by wanting audio evidence of Edu and Arteta. This is what a poor loser does.


No you didn't - you quoted me information from the media which I already read at the time.
What I am telling you is to find a way to confirm the stories that you are using as fuel to whine as we sit top of the league and have built a great squad - OR even better understand that it's completely irrelevant to focus on things from the past that didn't happen.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 26255
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby swipe right » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:33 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:Although the clubs were in regular dialogue, suggesting areas of compromise throughout, Arsenal made three distinct offers. The first came in late December totalling around €60m and, before that offer had been made, the Gunners had been given positive vibes from the player's camp that he was open to moving to Emirates Stadium. Indeed, Shakhtar chief executive Sergei Palkin claimed in an interview with The Athletic that manager Mikel Arteta, technical director Edu and Arsenal's Ukrainian defender Oleksandr Zinchenko called Mudryk "almost every day, every two days, every three days."


Did Edu and Arteta tell you that - or did you read it somewhere?
How do you know we were not keeping our interest in Trossard hidden by feeding BS to the press and Mudryks agent?

I am not saying you are wrong - but you'll need to provide a video of Edu or Arteta saying they have bid for Mudryk.
What I am saying is that it doesn't matter at all. Even if it were the case we were after Mudryk, it's brilliant work to have Trossard as a back up plan and get the deal over the line so quickly.

The bottom line is we're top of the league again - after challenging for the title last year too and it's because of the fabulous transfer work and world class coaching / club management.
It's like I still see people obsessing over Aubumawingie, Pepe, Balogun and Guendouzi etc - or crying regularly about other teams signings.
Just weird behaviour.

My first post was proving the poor judgement of the manager and DoF in choosing Mudryk over Trossard. You questioned it and I just proved to you that I was right. Now you’re throwing your toys out of the pram by wanting audio evidence of Edu and Arteta. This is what a poor loser does.


No you didn't - you quoted me information from the media which I already read at the time.
What I am telling you is to find a way to confirm the stories that you are using as fuel to whine as we sit top of the league and have built a great squad - OR even better understand that it's completely irrelevant to focus on things from the past that didn't happen.

Take your lumps like a big boy. You lost this one.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7597
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:35 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:Although the clubs were in regular dialogue, suggesting areas of compromise throughout, Arsenal made three distinct offers. The first came in late December totalling around €60m and, before that offer had been made, the Gunners had been given positive vibes from the player's camp that he was open to moving to Emirates Stadium. Indeed, Shakhtar chief executive Sergei Palkin claimed in an interview with The Athletic that manager Mikel Arteta, technical director Edu and Arsenal's Ukrainian defender Oleksandr Zinchenko called Mudryk "almost every day, every two days, every three days."


Did Edu and Arteta tell you that - or did you read it somewhere?
How do you know we were not keeping our interest in Trossard hidden by feeding BS to the press and Mudryks agent?

I am not saying you are wrong - but you'll need to provide a video of Edu or Arteta saying they have bid for Mudryk.
What I am saying is that it doesn't matter at all. Even if it were the case we were after Mudryk, it's brilliant work to have Trossard as a back up plan and get the deal over the line so quickly.

The bottom line is we're top of the league again - after challenging for the title last year too and it's because of the fabulous transfer work and world class coaching / club management.
It's like I still see people obsessing over Aubumawingie, Pepe, Balogun and Guendouzi etc - or crying regularly about other teams signings.
Just weird behaviour.

My first post was proving the poor judgement of the manager and DoF in choosing Mudryk over Trossard. You questioned it and I just proved to you that I was right. Now you’re throwing your toys out of the pram by wanting audio evidence of Edu and Arteta. This is what a poor loser does.


No you didn't - you quoted me information from the media which I already read at the time.
What I am telling you is to find a way to confirm the stories that you are using as fuel to whine as we sit top of the league and have built a great squad - OR even better understand that it's completely irrelevant to focus on things from the past that didn't happen.

Take your lumps like a big boy. You lost this one.


That's not much of an argument
I will assume you just consumed transfer window click bait material and taken it as gospel.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 26255
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests