Leandro Trossard (19)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:28 pm

Didnt Ornstein or Romano confirm our bids for Mudryk?
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 15660
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby swipe right » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:37 pm

Salibatelli wrote:Didnt Ornstein or Romano confirm our bids for Mudryk?

Of course they did. We saw Arteta hugging him after the Chelsea game.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7593
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby ag6789 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:38 pm

Played pretty well in the midfield. Was involved in lot of break up plays. Another option now , for sure .
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 4749
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:40 pm

ag6789 wrote:Played pretty well in the midfield. Was involved in lot of break up plays. Another option now , for sure .


Yes, did pretty well today.
Needed to bury his chance though.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 26216
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby ag6789 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:44 pm

Well, number of our forwards were guilty of dithering but too much. Should have won by 4 or 5 nil.
Seemed to have become complacent after half an hour and let the grip off the game.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 4749
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:47 pm

ag6789 wrote:Well, number of our forwards were guilty of dithering but too much. Should have won by 4 or 5 nil.
Seemed to have become complacent after half an hour and let the grip off the game.


Agree - first half was great to watch.
Second half we lost some control late because of missed chances.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 26216
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby Losmeister » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:48 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Well, number of our forwards were guilty of dithering but too much. Should have won by 4 or 5 nil.
Seemed to have become complacent after half an hour and let the grip off the game.


Agree - first half was great to watch.
Second half we lost some control late because of missed chances.


this.

and its why i sorta disagree that we were "complacent" if we created NOTHING the argument would be legit
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
User avatar
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham
 
Posts: 13195
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby Losmeister » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:50 pm

ag6789 wrote:Played pretty well in the midfield. Was involved in lot of break up plays. Another option now , for sure .


i 100% thought hed score when put through
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
User avatar
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham
 
Posts: 13195
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:09 pm

swipe right wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:Didnt Ornstein or Romano confirm our bids for Mudryk?

Of course they did. We saw Arteta hugging him after the Chelsea game.


Jayramfootball making a fool of himself on this one.

The bids were submitted ffs, the Shaktar owner literally played commentary in public as he was trying to drive up the price.

We were about to get him then Chelsea swooped and hijacked it.........its well documented.

Then we had Trossards agent telling the press how he phoned Edu to offer Trossard after he saw the Mudryk deal crash so knew we were on the hunt for a winger.......again, this is quoted stuff.

Jay looks lost questioning that, multiple quoted people who were directly involved.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 30282
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:51 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:Didnt Ornstein or Romano confirm our bids for Mudryk?

Of course they did. We saw Arteta hugging him after the Chelsea game.


Jayramfootball making a fool of himself on this one.

The bids were submitted ffs, the Shaktar owner literally played commentary in public as he was trying to drive up the price.

We were about to get him then Chelsea swooped and hijacked it.........its well documented.

Then we had Trossards agent telling the press how he phoned Edu to offer Trossard after he saw the Mudryk deal crash so knew we were on the hunt for a winger.......again, this is quoted stuff.

Jay looks lost questioning that, multiple quoted people who were directly involved.


Arsenal had been monitoring Trossard for some time.
The agent knew to call us because we'd already shown an interest.


From 2022 - 7 months before he joined us.

Arsenal are reportedly showing an interest in Leandro Trossard as Brighton & Hove Albion could sell the Belgian with one year left on his deal.
According to Voetbal Belgie, Leandro Trossard has emerged as a target for Arsenal, who are exploring the market for a wide attacker. The 27-year-old Belgian international has a year left on his deal at Brighton, who could look to cash in or risk losing him on the free next year.

Few would remember Arsenal being strongly linked with Leandro Trossard three years ago when Unai Emery was manager. Many players were considered for the wide position back then before Arsenal eventually bought Nicolas Pepe in a club-record deal.

Trossard ended up joining Brighton & Hove Albion, despite grabbing the attention of some bigger clubs in that window. However, the Belgian international has done well with the Seagulls and has entered the final year of his deal, which could prompt the club to accept a reasonable offer from suitors


One of several reports from 2019 below:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/07/arsenal- ... d-8461879/

Most know or are at least aware that clubs keep vast databases of players and files on who they could sign in the future.

Here is the manager actually explicitly stating we'd been following him for some time:




Seems I am just more informed. :dontknow:
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 26216
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby swipe right » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:50 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Played pretty well in the midfield. Was involved in lot of break up plays. Another option now , for sure .


Yes, did pretty well today.
Needed to bury his chance though.

:rolleyes:
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7593
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:35 pm

Our best player through the middle right now.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 15660
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby swipe right » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:27 pm

Salibatelli wrote:Our best player through the middle right now.

Best player across the front line as well, barring maybe Saka.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7593
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby Nuggets » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:32 pm

swipe right wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:Our best player through the middle right now.

Best player across the front line as well, barring maybe Saka.


Yup a beast of a player we were lucky to get him. ;)
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 26580
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Leandro Trossard (19)

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:46 pm

swipe right wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:Our best player through the middle right now.

Best player across the front line as well, barring maybe Saka.


Yes he’s excellent, through the centre he is always looking for goals which makes a change from Jesus who does the opposite.

Unlucky not to play more really, he deserves to.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 15660
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Trendiction [Bot], UFGN and 9 guests