Nicolas Pépé (19)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby Zenith » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Saved the day against Vitória and subsequently saw his match-winning performance rewarded with a spot on the bench.

Just Unai things, I guess - beyond the understanding of us, mere mortals.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31416
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby LMAO » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:42 pm

Zenith wrote:Saved the day against Vitória and subsequently saw his match-winning performance rewarded with a spot on the bench.

Just Unai things, I guess - beyond the understanding of us, mere mortals.


"Instead of building on that performance, go sit on the bench and think about what you've done. There will be no scoring under my watch."
-Emery, probably

Great way to shatter his confidence.
User avatar
LMAO
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7253
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:43 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Enjoy seeing more of Saka if that's the case.


Or we could buy a decent winger.
There is still time to get rid of Pepe and put his failure down to a new league - we could still get £50m for him.


It's the beginning of December. We don't have the option to buy. We have 7 games to play before the 1st January.


I wouldn't worry too much about December or this season really. Target is to stay out of a relegation fight, which I think we can do for this year. We're the same number of pts from the bottom 3 as we are to the top 4 and we're heading in the direction of the former. For now, we're a mid table team with nothing to play for. That's just the reality now.
Next year, with no changes, is a relegation battle.
I thought we got our Arsenal back - but we got Emery
User avatar
jayramfootball
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:53 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Enjoy seeing more of Saka if that's the case.


Or we could buy a decent winger.
There is still time to get rid of Pepe and put his failure down to a new league - we could still get £50m for him.


It's the beginning of December. We don't have the option to buy. We have 7 games to play before the 1st January.


I wouldn't worry too much about December or this season really. Target is to stay out of a relegation fight, which I think we can do for this year.
Next year, with no changes, is a relegation battle.


I believe the Board are worried about this month and season and want CL football. I also highly doubt we'll spend in January for interim manager. If Freddie can't find a suitable system for a £70m player, I highly doubt they'll trust the interim manager to spend more on a replacement. If Freddie doesn't get the job at the end of the season and we higher someone else, we may have another expensive player on our hands who doesn't fit in with that managers plans either.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby aniym » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:56 pm

Zenith wrote:Saved the day against Vitória and subsequently saw his match-winning performance rewarded with a spot on the bench.

Just Unai things, I guess - beyond the understanding of us, mere mortals.


He's played plenty of times since then and has been wank.
aniym
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6012
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:03 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Enjoy seeing more of Saka if that's the case.


Or we could buy a decent winger.
There is still time to get rid of Pepe and put his failure down to a new league - we could still get £50m for him.


It's the beginning of December. We don't have the option to buy. We have 7 games to play before the 1st January.


I wouldn't worry too much about December or this season really. Target is to stay out of a relegation fight, which I think we can do for this year.
Next year, with no changes, is a relegation battle.


I believe the Board are worried about this month and season and want CL football. I also highly doubt we'll spend in January for interim manager. If Freddie can't find a suitable system for a £70m player, I highly doubt they'll trust the interim manager to spend more on a replacement. If Freddie doesn't get the job at the end of the season and we higher someone else, we may have another expensive player on our hands who doesn't fit in with that managers plans either.


We paid £70m for Pepe, but he's not a £70m player in terms of talent.
He's not in the team because he's been rubbish. Saka has had more of an impact - though not much. Martinelli has had a MUCH bigger impact and should be starting ahead of Pepe.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I thought we got our Arsenal back - but we got Emery
User avatar
jayramfootball
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby Ach » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:03 pm

Benching him when he's high on confidence after those 2 goals was wrong but let's not pretend emery is the only one who does that.

Anyone remember a certain Brazilian banging in 4 at anfield 12 years ago? Didn't start the next game and never did a thing for us again as confidence sapped and Wenger destroyed him.

I'm sure there's plenty more in those 12 years from many managers but that one sticks out.
Ach
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12897
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:09 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Enjoy seeing more of Saka if that's the case.


Or we could buy a decent winger.
There is still time to get rid of Pepe and put his failure down to a new league - we could still get £50m for him.


It's the beginning of December. We don't have the option to buy. We have 7 games to play before the 1st January.


I wouldn't worry too much about December or this season really. Target is to stay out of a relegation fight, which I think we can do for this year.
Next year, with no changes, is a relegation battle.


I believe the Board are worried about this month and season and want CL football. I also highly doubt we'll spend in January for interim manager. If Freddie can't find a suitable system for a £70m player, I highly doubt they'll trust the interim manager to spend more on a replacement. If Freddie doesn't get the job at the end of the season and we higher someone else, we may have another expensive player on our hands who doesn't fit in with that managers plans either.


We paid £70m for Pepe, but he's not a £70m player in terms of talent.
He's not in the team because he's been rubbish. Saka has had more of an impact - though not much. Martinelli has had a MUCH bigger impact and should be starting ahead of Pepe.


You haven't addressed anything in my post. You have to start being realistic.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby Dejan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:11 pm

aniym wrote:
Zenith wrote:Saved the day against Vitória and subsequently saw his match-winning performance rewarded with a spot on the bench.

Just Unai things, I guess - beyond the understanding of us, mere mortals.


He's played plenty of times since then and has been wank.
This

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24960
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby Nuggets » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:13 pm

HTF is he going to gain confidence if he doesn't get any playing time?
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 16492
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:19 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Enjoy seeing more of Saka if that's the case.


Or we could buy a decent winger.
There is still time to get rid of Pepe and put his failure down to a new league - we could still get £50m for him.


It's the beginning of December. We don't have the option to buy. We have 7 games to play before the 1st January.


I wouldn't worry too much about December or this season really. Target is to stay out of a relegation fight, which I think we can do for this year.
Next year, with no changes, is a relegation battle.


I believe the Board are worried about this month and season and want CL football. I also highly doubt we'll spend in January for interim manager. If Freddie can't find a suitable system for a £70m player, I highly doubt they'll trust the interim manager to spend more on a replacement. If Freddie doesn't get the job at the end of the season and we higher someone else, we may have another expensive player on our hands who doesn't fit in with that managers plans either.


We paid £70m for Pepe, but he's not a £70m player in terms of talent.
He's not in the team because he's been rubbish. Saka has had more of an impact - though not much. Martinelli has had a MUCH bigger impact and should be starting ahead of Pepe.


You haven't addressed anything in my post. You have to start being realistic.


I did. Whilst I tend to agree we're not going to allow Freddie to splash the cash, it won;t be because he can't find a place for Pepe. Pepe is behind Saka and Martinelli and quite rightly so.
I thought we got our Arsenal back - but we got Emery
User avatar
jayramfootball
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:20 pm

Nuggets wrote:HTF is he going to gain confidence if he doesn't get any playing time?


JHC - he's already had plenty of time.
It's not like we haven't seen what he can do.
If he dazzles in training he'll get another chance.
I thought we got our Arsenal back - but we got Emery
User avatar
jayramfootball
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby Nuggets » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:34 pm

Ljungberg believes Pepe is a talented player, but he insists the decision to leave him out was based on his performance in training.
FFS that's all we need a player who can't do the business in TRAINING after costing how much?????
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 16492
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:36 pm

Nuggets wrote:Ljungberg believes Pepe is a talented player, but he insists the decision to leave him out was based on his performance in training.
FFS that's all we need a player who can't do the business in TRAINING after costing how much?????


Which would seem fairly obvious. If he was training well he'd be playing, but he obviously sucks.
My guess is that his training is the same level as his playing -i.e. that is his level.

Frankly, you only had to watch a little of Pepe in the PL to realise he is not good enough at this level.
I thought we got our Arsenal back - but we got Emery
User avatar
jayramfootball
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby Zenith » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:48 pm

aniym wrote:
Zenith wrote:Saved the day against Vitória and subsequently saw his match-winning performance rewarded with a spot on the bench.

Just Unai things, I guess - beyond the understanding of us, mere mortals.


He's played plenty of times since then and has been wank.

''Plenty of times" 2 starts in 7.

What's so strange about the notion that not using that glimpse of form/confidence by not rewarding him with a start in the subsequent game might have been a mistake? :dontknow:
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31416
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fenice and 8 guests