Nicolas Pépé

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:20 pm

Zenith wrote:I specifically mentioned our previous manager as the main culprit for Pépé's struggle to adapt (other than Pépé himself).

Also, it's perfectly possible to bring on both Martinelli and Pépé against Norwich.

Especially if you consider Lacazette hasn't scored against a non-relegated side away from home in the league in two-and-a-half years.

No drama at all. Just an observation.

Emery gave him more than enough chances as well tbh. Was only the game after the double free kick was a mistake imo.

Anyway I wouldn’t be taking off Laca or Auba ever when we need a goal so will just agree that we differ and leave it there.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:24 am

Told you Freddie would have plans for Pepe, from one winger to another ..............

Freddie is obviously going to have high standards from him hence why he benched him but if Pepe takes his direction he could flourish, no better guy to learn off when it comes to playing out wide.

"Now interim boss Freddie Ljungberg plans to take the winger to one side and point out exactly what is expected of him at the Emirates.

The Swede said: “Sometimes when you come from a different league, it takes time to adapt on and off the pitch.

“I plan on talking to Nico about this because he is an important player for this club.

“I don’t think it’s a lack of confidence. I just think it’s moving to a new country and a new way of playing.

So we’re going to have a little chat about what I expect from him and how I want him to play.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... i-manager/
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:37 pm

A fuss about nothing. Pepe will be fine, but you shouldn't bench him, new league, new country and teammates, he needs game time to acclimatise, give the boy a break.

Saka has mostly been poor, no way he should be starting ahead of Pepe, not on your Van Nelly mate.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:46 pm

theHotHead wrote:A fuss about nothing. Pepe will be fine, but you shouldn't bench him, new league, new country and teammates, he needs game time to acclimatise, give the boy a break.

Saka has mostly been poor, no way he should be starting ahead of Pepe, not on your Van Nelly mate.

Saka has been better than Pepe, though.
So why would he not be ahead of him in terms of selection?
I have more optimism for Saka. He's much younger. Pepe is past his footballing youth. He's 24. He's as good as he is going to get.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:52 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:A fuss about nothing. Pepe will be fine, but you shouldn't bench him, new league, new country and teammates, he needs game time to acclimatise, give the boy a break.

I have more optimism for Saka. He's much younger. Pepe is past his footballing youth. He's 24. He's as good as he is going to get.

He hasn't. What are you basing that on? He has one assist in the Prem.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:54 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

How has he? He has been good in about 2 or 3 games, pretty much rubbish in all of the rest of them.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Hybrid47 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:10 pm

Saka been better than Pepe hahaha as if. Even whilst getting used to a new league stats wise Nicolas hasn't actually been that bad.

I've got no worries with him he'll be decent once we have an effective midfield behind him.
Hybrid47
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby coach8smallball » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:14 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

since when did 24 become the new 30?

both still have room to grow and I hope pepe can eventually find his footing in the EPL. between the two, I say saka still have a long way to go.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

He hasn't. What are you basing that on? He has one assist in the Prem.

Saka has shown more of a willingness to go at the FB. Looks more dangerous than Pepe. He's also much younger. Better prospect.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:16 pm

coach8smallball wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

both still have room to grow and I hope pepe can eventually find his footing in the EPL. between the two, I say saka still have a long way to go.

Not saying 24 is old. It's just that by that age a player should be more than ready.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 pm

JayRam's campaign against our senior top strikers / Wingers continues.

Saka has been sh*t, what has he done to top Pepe's goals and skills on the pitch?

Saka has literally done nothing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:18 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Not saying 24 is old. It's just that by that age a player should be more than ready.

I completely disagree. it's all up to the individual, but even at 24 up to or at 30 a player can still learn/develop. I feel a physical ceiling does become a factor as far as strength/speed, but mentally players can continue to improve for years
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Had some energy for 5 minutes, then gave up and was utterly sh*t.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:26 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Had some energy for 5 minutes, then gave up and was utterly sh*t.

But but but he needs games to be confident and not shit
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:28 pm

Santi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Had some energy for 5 minutes, then gave up and was utterly sh*t.

But but but he needs games to be confident and not shit

Apparently so.
:dontknow:

I think he is being defending mainly due to some fans being in shock and not being able to accept that a £72m player can be so bad.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to World Football