Nicolas Pépé

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby ag6789 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:27 pm

Actually Gnabry's was a curious case. He was injured and loaned to West Brom, where he didn't fare well; based on Pulis' s poor recommendations he was sold.
There must have been a gap in communication.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:45 am

Tony Adams wrote:
KG3 wrote:Gnabry and Pepe are the same age and we let gnabry go for 5mill a few years back the way I see it is if Gnabry was still here that’s 72M which could be spent on another position or two.
Yep, nice one Wenger.

Yep,blame Wenger for Gnabry getting fat and lazy lmao.

He was garbage when we sold him, unfortunately he's turned out class but it happens.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:10 am

Santi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
KG3 wrote:Gnabry and Pepe are the same age and we let gnabry go for 5mill a few years back the way I see it is if Gnabry was still here that’s 72M which could be spent on another position or two.
Yep, nice one Wenger.

He was garbage when we sold him, unfortunately he's turned out class but it happens.

To be honest, I don't blame Gnabry... anyone who plays for Pullis must want to run as far away from English football as possible.
He probably got lazy as part of a tactic to escape the hell.

Can you imagine the team talk?

"Right Gnabbers, first 5, see if you can break their #7's ankle and after that, if you are still on the pitch, I wan't you go up top on your own and see if you can get on the end of an aimless long ball pumped up by the goalie"
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:16 am

Santi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
Yep, nice one Wenger.

Gnabri wasn’t garbage at all, we stupidly lost him because Wenger wouldn’t give him game time, instead he played garbage like Walcott.

Trust us to lose the only decent youngster we had.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:27 am

Gnabry was never given a chance by Wenger. The few times he played he was great. When he left I was pissed as could be. That is all on Wenger given he had free reign and total control.

FFS he sent a brilliant young attacking winger to Pulis??????
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:16 pm

Ziyech putting in a GOAT performance for Chelsea.

Zaha just did this

Raul Humiliated again
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:34 pm

Özim wrote:
Santi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
Yep, nice one Wenger.

Gnabri wasn’t garbage at all, we stupidly lost him because Wenger wouldn’t give him game time, instead he played garbage like Walcott.

Trust us to lose the only decent youngster we had.

I agree with this. When he had his longest run of games in the team he was decent, hardly gave the ball away and tracked back too. I think he got injured and then he never got back into the side after that.

Massive mistake by Wenger.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:55 pm

sterling-esque transformation incoming
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby KG3 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:04 pm

I want him to work out but let’s be honest here if he played for a rival team we would be laughing at them, the same way we laugh at Maguire and Kepa because they overpaid
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Bollocks in the 1st half, was our best player arguably in the 2nd and made the goal.

When he wakes up his skills are pretty sublime, his ball to feet movement and off the cuff skills are a sight to behold.

If he adds more goals and assists he'll be deadly, just needs to up his readiness for action.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:06 pm

Sims wrote:

god i hope he does better than that otherwise we did waste 70m.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:09 pm

Start him every game
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby KG3 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:11 pm

Don’t you think it’s funny that like Gervinho he came from Lille, both from Ivory Coast, same position etc only difference is the massive transfer fee, which is why people don’t wanna label him a flop so early on.

Gervinho was exciting because he was good at taking people on but very poor shooting and passing which is where Pepe excels but he lacks in terms of ability to beat a man. If you could combine their ability’s you’d have had a top player lol
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:22 pm

KG3 wrote:Don’t you think it’s funny that like Gervinho he came from Lille, both from Ivory Coast, same position etc only difference is the massive transfer fee, which is why people don’t wanna label him a flop so early on.

Gervinho was exciting because he was good at taking people on but very poor shooting and passing which is where Pepe excels but he lacks in terms of ability to beat a man. If you could combine their ability’s you’d have had a top player lol

Pepe can beat a man. Sure he sometimes falls over his own feet - ala Gervinho. I'd say his biggest problem is end-product - again ala Gervinho.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:23 pm

Santi wrote:
Sims wrote:

god i hope he does better than that otherwise we did waste 70m.

He's definitely got promise.

Albeit it reeks of Arteta giving special attention to the player the club spent £70m on ... level playing field, clean slate and everything ...
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to World Football