Nicolas Pépé

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:45 pm

Zedie wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:I will say physically his potential is massive. Praying we can work on his end product and touch because if so he could be devastating

Honestly think its nerves. He knows how to put his foot through the ball but he's snatched most chances he's had.

Rewatch his highlights from lille, hes defo not a gervinho type ball striker.

It's more the dribbling that reminds me of Gervinho tbh. Hoping your right and its nerves because when he tried a stopover and stood on the ball it was honestly as if I was seeing my beloved Gervinho back in an Arsenal shirt
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby themessiah » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:48 pm

Pepe’s performance was very encouraging. He’s certainly no Gervinho, but he didn’t capitalise where it mattered most & that’s what unfortunately we’ll all remember.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:51 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:I will say physically his potential is massive. Praying we can work on his end product and touch because if so he could be devastating

Honestly think its nerves. He knows how to put his foot through the ball but he's snatched most chances he's had.

Rewatch his highlights from lille, hes defo not a gervinho type ball striker.

It's more the dribbling that reminds me of Gervinho tbh. Hoping your right and its nerves because when he tried a stopover and stood on the ball it was honestly as if I was seeing my beloved Gervinho back in an Arsenal shirt

Still got a diamante framed picture of him on the bedside table. Dat hairline was elite.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:54 pm

The only mistake was giving him his first start at Anfield.

He looks like he has the tools. Can't wait to see him link up with Auba and Laca.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:13 pm

Hope he scores soon, he gets a couple goals gets his confidence in this league and he is going to be a joy to watch
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:12 pm

agreed on the nerves....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Callum » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:18 pm

This boy is going to be special. He's what we've been crying out for for years.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:07 am

Callum wrote:This boy is going to be special. He's what we've been crying out for for years.

The exact same post you wrote after Mustafi first few games :rofll:

God help us
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Peep looks very erratic to me

Postby FARM » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:54 am

Disappointing loss today, but hey its Liverpool and we kinda expected it, but we always have hope. However I felt like it was a chance wasted and thats because Pepe seems to be a very erratic player, he had so many great opportunities but I think he got brain overload and didn't know what to do (insert that headless chicken Gervinho expression)

I noticed in the Arsenal training videos that he seemed to be going past a few players with a close ball control and then shooting so far over the bar, I was concerned in a live match scenario his erratic behavior could be heightened. Its something we will have to watch out for.

I really was shocked Lacazette was not starting, I couldn't believe it, I thought for sure he will be playing, especially after scoring in the last game. It did not make sense to me how they can start Peep over Lacazette when Laca has proved so much and scored many goals for us over the seasons.

I hope Pepe can improve, but I fear its not a football issue, its a brain pattern, when people have those erratic brain impulses its a born thing, and its with them for life, they will always rush and be in a panic, there will never be any "time".

I want Lacazette to start the next match, I believe that he is our best player, thats just my opinion. I think he is a real good finisher and he knows how to score goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. He better start against Spuds, I think it will be a huge mistake not to play him.
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Re: Peep looks very erratic to me

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:15 am

I stopped reading at:

Peep
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:41 am

Angelito wrote:The only mistake was giving him his first start at Anfield.

He looks like he has the tools. Can't wait to see him link up with Auba and Laca.

I agree with this. Need to be careful with his confidence. New league, new team etc etc...so not exactly the best game to let him loose.

IMO Laca should have started this match.

Anyways, he has raw talent (a lot of talent), but so far his finishing needs work.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:44 am

How should we play him? Watching Salah makes me think we should position him such. Start wide, play the ball quickly to him on the break and let him use his pace to get in between CB and FB and fire with his good foot. I think he can get neutralized in a slow passing centrally player game given his weak right foot.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:53 am

alexafc12 wrote:
Callum wrote:This boy is going to be special. He's what we've been crying out for for years.

The exact same post you wrote after Mustafi first few games :rofll:

God help us

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:31 am

Think he did fine today given that it's at Anfield. Who was he supposed to pass to tho? Auba was playing as a LW for much of the game, there was no one down the middle until Laca came on with barely 20 mins to go.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:38 am

Just needs a goal or two to settle in this guy other than knowing bergkamp ability before coming has shown more promise than most he has only made his first start at the European champs, I would be picking him this week if I were Emery after what I saw
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to World Football