Nicolas Pépé

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby VCC » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:59 am

Power n Glory wrote:Name a player in this team that's actually playing well under Emery.

Mustafi
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:08 am

Martinelli
Gendouzi
Tierney
Leno
Auba
Lacazette

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:27 am

Holdini wrote:missed the point again :rofll:

Whatever point you're trying to make is irrelevant. For one, it's pretty dumb to name Zaha as a better option when he's currently struggling for Palace and has less goals and assists than Pepe despite playing more minutes. Iwobi had good technical ability and could beat a player but lacked the end product which is what most were complaining about last season. If you're going to suggest a player that we could have done with at least name someone that's world class and proven.

Second, our problems go way beyond an individual player under this manager. Some weeks back Bellerin was being hailed as a possible saviour and captain material but now I can see he's getting slated. Lacazette was getting some stick for his last performance as well. We need to be careful about who we're aiming the criticism at and depending on how things turn out with Pepe, it might be a long time before we spend that much money again and especially if the fans can't get behind him during this difficult period.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Holdini » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:05 am

Power n Glory wrote:

Whatever point you're trying to make is irrelevant. For one, it's pretty dumb to name Zaha as a better option when he's currently struggling for Palace and has less goals and assists than Pepe despite playing more minutes. Iwobi had good technical ability and could beat a player but lacked the end product which is what most were complaining about last season. If you're going to suggest a player that we could have done with at least name someone that's world class and proven.

Second, our problems go way beyond an individual player under this manager. Some weeks back Bellerin was being hailed as a possible saviour and captain material but now I can see he's getting slated. Lacazette was getting some stick for his last performance as well. We need to be careful about who we're aiming the criticism at and depending on how things turn out with Pepe, it might be a long time before we spend that much money again and especially if the fans can't get behind him during this difficult period.

iwobi had good technical ability and could beat a player :rofll:

he had poor fundamentals and would panic like a rabbit in headlights on the ball, he'd do his little shimmy then pass the ball sideways :rofll:

you used to be a good poster on goonersweb, not sure why you've gone so downhill :dontknow:
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:06 am

Holdini wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

iwobi had good technical ability and could beat a player :rofll:

he had poor fundamentals and would panic like a rabbit in headlights on the ball, he'd do his little shimmy then pass the ball sideways :rofll:

you used to be a good poster on goonersweb, not sure why you've gone so downhill :dontknow:

:rolleyes: Fam...you remember me. I don't remember you. Says it all.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Holdini » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:08 am

i had a different username :sneaky2:
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby The Break Water » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:19 am

Take Emery or anyone else out of it for a minute, I'm just looking at Pepe and he has that very unpredictable and erratic look about him, I can see it in his face. His face does not hide it.

As the season goes on don't be surprised to see him beat 6 men with some slick skill, but miss a totally open goal in the match and put it wide, he has that in him, I can see it.
The Break Water
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:23 am

The Break Water wrote:Take Emery or anyone else out of it for a minute, I'm just looking at Pepe and he has that very unpredictable and erratic look about him, I can see it in his face. His face does not hide it.

As the season goes on don't be surprised to see him beat 6 men with some slick skill, but miss a totally open goal in the match and put it wide, he has that in him, I can see it.

The one thing that was pointed out before we signed him was how composed in front of goal he is. You can see it in the goals he has scored and the fact that he was Lille's penalty taker so I disagree with that.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:45 am

VCC wrote:
Ach wrote:Trying to stay positive. But today was the first head in hands moment I had with him. Not the shot that hit the bar. The one where he is clean through and tries to pass.

That was so bad. Just shoot ffs. Score or not, it's the right choice.

Was on his left foot with only ozil to pass to and ozil probably would have tried to pass it back anyways he never shoots lmao

Loool. To be fair you are right!!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:46 am

Dejan wrote:Martinelli
Gendouzi
Tierney
Leno
Auba
Lacazette

I will give you Martinelli, the rest - hell no.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:26 pm

Holdini wrote:i had a different username :sneaky2:

So who were you?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Holdini wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Holdini wrote:
Jack The Ripper wrote:Zero goals in open play football, and its obvious to see why, every time he gets near the box he panics, he doesn't know what to do, a total headless chicken, he looks scared to death in front of goal. He really does have that headless chicken look about him like Gervinho. He is so erratic.

why do we always sign dumb clumsy players? what is it about our selection process that means we always end up with them?

you look at zaha and he's calm and composed. we ended up with bambi.

Zaha has 1 goal and 2 assists so far this season. He's played more minutes than Pepe, he knows the league and knows his manager. The way we're playing, I highly doubt Zaha would make much of a difference.

i didn't mention stats or goals, i was talking about style of play and being calm and collected on the ball.

also zaha clearly wants out of palace and is down in the dumps about it, i think a move to a big club like us would have meant a completely different zaha this season.

Exactly. Anyway I still think pepe can come good but if we were looking for a more immediate impact then Zaha would’ve been the man.

Still would’ve gambled on Everton Soares for 25-30m over both though.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:24 pm

LMAO wrote:He'll flourish under an attacking coach.

Yes I think so.

There is a good player in there, he tried when he came on and if he scored that bicycle kick everyone would be kissing his arse.

Great technique to get that on target.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:08 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Yes I think so.

There is a good player in there, he tried when he came on and if he scored that bicycle kick everyone would be kissing his arse.

He missed the target.
He also missed another golden opportunity to put us 2-1 up.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Dejan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:25 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Yes I think so.

Disagree here.
He made it look way harder than it was. Should of scored.

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football