Nicolas Pépé

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby theHotHead » Wed May 18, 2022 8:23 am

Ach wrote:How is Pepe getting so much shit? Lol

Not a word on laca though

People are simple .. .what can I say !

You don't play the player then bring him on in a nightmare scenario and expect him to perform. Indicative of the delusion and stupidity we have seen all season from people associated with the club and certain fans .....

Laca came on and was so invisible he got a head injury that nobody even saw :rofll:

But but but Pepe ......
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed May 18, 2022 8:26 am

theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:How is Pepe getting so much shit? Lol

Not a word on laca though

People are simple .. .what can I say !

You don't play the player then bring him on in a nightmare scenario and expect him to perform. Indicative of the delusion and stupidity we have seen all season from people associated with the club and certain fans .....

Laca came on and was so invisible he got a head injury that nobody even saw :rofll:

But but but Pepe ......

I think the problem with Pepe in the game was that he WASNT anonymous. He kept popping up and making an absolute mess of things.
Credit for showing for the ball I guess but he just doesn’t have the ability.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:10 pm

Arsenal are prepared to sell Nicolas Pepe for less than the £72m club-record fee they paid for him, with the 27-year-old Ivory Coast winger no longer part of manager Mikel Arteta's plans. (Diario de Sevilla - in Spanish)

Can see him smashing it away from Arteta
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:14 pm

He never was part of his plans, that was pretty clear.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:39 am

he was smashing it vs Pool then had a 1 v 1 that he fluffed

i dont think his confidence ever recovered
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby #ST » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:32 am

I shouted so hard in Nurnberg when he came near. I told him PEPE YOU CAN DO IT, OUTLAST ARTETA

What Arteta is doing to this guy is legit abuse. This guy had GOOD performances rewarded with bench after bench.

LISTEN dear anti-Pepe people, ITS NOT THIS GUYS FAULT Lille asked for 80 million and Arsenal agreed to it!
YES, THIS IS TOO MUCH MONEY FOR A GUY AS GOOD AS PEPE.

I am NOT disagreeing with the fact we overpaid for this guy.

But this guy is STILL class. Not 80 million class. But still class!

When he has the ball, theres a directness to our game. He tries to pass his opponent, cut inside, go outside and cross. Whatever. He has the tricks, he has the pace, he has the magic, AGAIN, NO, THIS IS NOT 80 MILLION WORTH OF MAGIC but he is still MIIIIIIIIILES ahead of Willian WHO GOT WAY MORE GAME TIME than this guy when they were both here.

Just think about that for a minute. What does that do to your confidence? You see this guy, Willian, being ABSOLUTELY Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrible. Like, hurts-my-eyes kinda terrible, and that guy is getting gametime over you. Seriously? Then Pepe has a good game or 2, and the next one he is on the bench? Most of the times not even getting OFF the bench for any meaninful amount of minutes and this DAYS after having a GOOD game?

This guy got some SERIOUS abuse from Arteta. I will not forgive Arteta for not only ruining this guys vallue but also for mis-using him as a player for Arsenal.

He was class. Again, not 80-million-kinda class, but he has that x-factor to his game. I will not forget how he won us that tie in the Europa League, those are magical moments that was made possible SOLELY because of HIS class. There was no team effort there involved just him being a class f***ing act.

Now I can hear you thinking; 'But ST, what about all the moments he just wasted a chance, wasted an attack, just wasted the ball posession we had?' Yeah guess what, that happens when a guy is DIRECT AS f**k. I much rather have us defending because we TRIED TO ATTACK AND IT FAILED over us f***ing passing the ball to the opponent ( Xhaka and Tavares love to do this )

No I love this guy and when I had the opportunity to show him love in Germany I shouted at the top of my lungs to try and let him know this. Truly hope he outlasts Arteta but Im afraid its not gonna happen.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @14-04-'24 = 0 - 2 Aston Villa
Next game @4-05-'24 = VS Bournemouth [ No ticket yet ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby Reiss » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:23 am

Rumours that he's got interest and will be off which is great news.

What an absolute waste of money this guy has been.

Our worst ever transfer IMO.

Absolutely useless and can't hit a barn door in this league.

See ya.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:26 am

Needs to go BUT there was a player in there.

Great left foot shot, good ball to feet skills etc, if he had the right manager who knew what to do with him I think he'd of done decent.

He may be a LW in the French league but in the hard pressing prem I think he didn't manage the tracking back very well, he's an offensive player, def better in this league deployed as a WF.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:20 pm

Potentially a brilliant player, the system hasnt worked for him, we were lightweight at the back and that compromised him because it exposed many things.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:55 pm

Reportedly he is willing to fight it out for a spot and has worked hard. Still he'll be firmly starting from the bench with number of players ahead of him and also we've bolstered our wings w/ Marquinhos.
27 goals and 21 assis in 112 ( in all comps, majority probably in cups and EU lge), not terribly bad. See where this goes.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:09 pm

ag6789 wrote:Reportedly he is willing to fight it out for a spot and has worked hard. Still he'll be firmly starting from the bench with number of players ahead of him and also we've bolstered our wings w/ Marquinhos.
27 goals and 21 assis in 112 ( in all comps, majority probably in cups and EU lge), not terribly bad. See where this goes.

Disappointed if that's the case. He was joint top scorer for us in the league in 20/21, but started only twice between Oct 2021 and Apr 2022. He has talent but the manager doesnt rate him even after a good Afcon showing. What is he sticking around for except his wages?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ag6789 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:12 pm

Wages, lack of interest from others, club not willing to go cheap on him. Tough spot.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby themessiah » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:32 pm

Can’t wait too see the back of this guy tbf. Would have been happy to take any fee for Pepe even in his best season. Even in the 2020-21 season. 10 goals, a couple braces, 5 in meaningless dusted games when we had had nothing to play for at the very end of the season tbf . Never liked him. Terrible instincts, lost defensively, a one trick pony whose best skill seems to be tilting backwards while standing with a foot on ball.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:37 pm

If he stays, needs to be given a chance. Barely kicked a ball last season after Xmas as our season turned to shit and we saw the previous season he can come good after Xmas

Quality player who doesn't abide by the pass pass pass crap arteta loves
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby themessiah » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:57 pm

Ach wrote:If he stays, needs to be given a chance. Barely kicked a ball last season after Xmas as our season turned to shit and we saw the previous season he can come good after Xmas

Quality player who doesn't abide by the pass pass pass crap arteta loves

Course he has the opportunity to play and start games . It gonna be his fourth season ffs. He’s just not been good enough. Excuses for Pepe are so boring now. He’s had a fair opportunity under two managers and been rubbish . The fact of the matter is he’s not been as good as you think he is tbf.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to World Football