Nicolas Pépé

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby FARM » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:28 pm

He is garbage, headless chicken. Don't rate the guy at all, he is very erratic, yeah he might do some fancy flicks but we aint gonna go anywhere with this guy, he will score 1 worldy in 10 games and just go on and on like that, he is too erratic to be a top player, get rid in the summer I say, we need to cash in before no one is stupid enough to take him for free.
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Nuggets » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:45 am

Still waiting for him to start :dontknow:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:22 am

He is skilled but he lacks footballing IQ.

He will need to compensate with good coaching and discipline.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:51 pm

He's done literally nothing since he arrived to get anywhere near justifying that fee.

21 games now.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ag6789 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:26 pm

Whole team is underperforming, barring a couple. So not ready to pass judgement on him yet. Overall atmosphere affects the New comers.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby diesel » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:40 pm

If he can be coached to be as calm and clinical in the final 3rd as he is creative in the middle 3rd of the pitch he could be outstanding. Lovely feet in the area of the pitch where theres but goes ro pieces in the box like a jigsaw. Hopefully mikel can sort him like sterling was sorted. Remember, Henry was a speed merchant who couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo for first 3-6 months
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Jack The Ripper » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:25 pm

I feel like we have been duped, 72 million is a HUGE amount of money, especially for a club like us who is scared to spend £1 , its gonna make the owners just more stubborn to ever splash out so much again if Pepe doesn't work out. He comes across as very erratic and nervy to me, he is nowhere near the finished product, he looks very raw still, he can do some nice little skills towards the touchline and half way line but in the box he looks like he doesn't know what to do. 72 million for a very raw player is criminal.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:02 pm

It's £72m over five years. Which means we haven't actually paid that much as it stands. I'm not sure what the terms are if we want to sell him before the 5 years to avoid paying the full amount but this is the reality of big money spending. It comes with a huge risk and it's why we didn't want to spend the full amount up front for Zaha. Let this be a warning to everyone clamouring for the next big money signing. It comes with a massive risk.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby UFGN » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:10 pm

Power n Glory wrote:It's £72m over five years. Which means we haven't actually paid that much as it stands. I'm not sure what the terms are if we want to sell him before the 5 years to avoid paying the full amount but this is the reality of big money spending. It comes with a huge risk and it's why we didn't want to spend the full amount up front for Zaha. Let this be a warning to everyone clamouring for the next big money signing. It comes with a massive risk.

Not spending money comes with a bigger risk, and some of those risks are financial
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:16 pm

UFGN wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:It's £72m over five years. Which means we haven't actually paid that much as it stands. I'm not sure what the terms are if we want to sell him before the 5 years to avoid paying the full amount but this is the reality of big money spending. It comes with a huge risk and it's why we didn't want to spend the full amount up front for Zaha. Let this be a warning to everyone clamouring for the next big money signing. It comes with a massive risk.

Not spending money comes with a bigger risk, and some of those risks are financial

The overall message is that we need to spend wisely and that should go without saying. I didn't say we shouldn't invest in our team. I see quite a lot of people saying we should have spent £70m on another player and they still haven't grasped that it's still a major risk and I doubt it would have changed the fate of Unai Emery. Our problems run a little deeper than the amount being spent.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:40 pm

We don't have many players at the moment that are living up to their price tag on current form. But it seems that Pepe is the scapegoat because of his recent price tag. Perspective folks.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:20 am

StLGooner wrote:We don't have many players at the moment that are living up to their price tag on current form. But it seems that Pepe is the scapegoat because of his recent price tag. Perspective folks.

Nothing to do with money.
He's been atrocious all season - whether we paid £72m or £1.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:30 am

StLGooner wrote:We don't have many players at the moment that are living up to their price tag on current form. But it seems that Pepe is the scapegoat because of his recent price tag. Perspective folks.

If you spend on a Ferrari and get overtaken by a Kia, you’re going to be pretty pissed with Ferrari.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm

swipe right wrote:

If you spend on a Ferrari and get overtaken by a Kia, you’re going to be pretty pissed with Ferrari.

Take it out on the people that paid too much for him then. You guys are equating his price tag to his play, and he didn't put the price on himself. Maybe if you ask him he only thinks he's worth 30 mil? Who knows. But people are judging him by his price tag instead of his play, which when put into perspective with the rest of the players playing very underwhelming, then it isn't that bad at all. New team, new league, only take a little bit of logic to think this out. But I guess it's easier for simple minded folks to just say he isn't good enough already. I get it. Carry on!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:23 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Nothing to do with money.
He's been atrocious all season - whether we paid £72m or £1.

It does actually, just look at all the comments that literally mention the money. Because I guarantee you that if he only cost us 30 mil, we'd have half of the negative comments. Plus he hasn't been atrocious, that's a bit of a stretch.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to World Football