Nicolas Pépé

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Nicolas Pépé (19)

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:20 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Ox if he could stay fit is a decent utility player, pepe has more match winning potential though.

The PL is the fastest league, some players do not adjust to it, depay for a example clearly has talent but bombed in the PL.

Loads of players have, all it makes me think is some players brains just aren't as sharp to deal with having less time on the ball.

Pepe has shown enough talent but whether he can be a top PL player is uknown.

Well said!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ag6789 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:35 pm

Pepe may not be a top PL player like Auba/RVP/ Sanchez, but he could very well be like Giroud, a second striker. Anybody who scores 105 in 253, will have my respects. 1 in 2.5 is a very decent return. Plus Giroud's hold up play brought others into play and created plenty of opportunity.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:13 am

still think we should of spent 80-90 m on koulibaly then pepe
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:57 am

yadunoe wrote:still think we should of spent 80-90 m on koulibaly then pepe

#BecauseEmery
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:58 am

ag6789 wrote:Pepe may not be a top PL player like Auba/RVP/ Sanchez, but he could very well be like Giroud, a second striker. Anybody who scores 105 in 253, will have my respects. 1 in 2.5 is a very decent return. Plus Giroud's hold up play brought others into play and created plenty of opportunity.

Giroud 10 mil
Pepe 72 mil
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:58 am

How the fk are we comparing Giroud and Pepe they play different positions and their style is like comparing pumpkins to oranges
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:25 am

swipe right wrote:

#BecauseEmery

i think recruitment is edu and raul job not emery
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:57 am

Agreed
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:47 am

VCC wrote:How the fk are we comparing Giroud and Pepe they play different positions and their style is like comparing pumpkins to oranges

Just complete idiots talking rubbish as usual. I wasn't around when Ox was still here but I highly doubt the same people here talking about Pepe would have had time for Ox. Iwobi would take a pummeling on this forum for every game. It's the fans that are the problem here. Zero patience and no sense. The grass is always greener when you're not an Arsenal player. Fools saying we should have bought Zaha instead when he has less goals and assists than Pepe this season yet has player more minutes. They still don't realise we'd have had to pay £70m up front and not over a 5 year period like we're doing with Pepe.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Zenith » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:37 am

Power n Glory wrote:
VCC wrote:How the fk are we comparing Giroud and Pepe they play different positions and their style is like comparing pumpkins to oranges

Just complete idiots talking rubbish as usual. I wasn't around when Ox was still here but I highly doubt the same people here talking about Pepe would have had time for Ox. Iwobi would take a pummeling on this forum for every game. It's the fans that are the problem here. Zero patience and no sense. The grass is always greener when you're not an Arsenal player. Fools saying we should have bought Zaha instead when he has less goals and assists than Pepe this season yet has player more minutes. They still don't realise we'd have had to pay £70m up front and not over a 5 year period like we're doing with Pepe.

Preach. :clap:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby yadunoe » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:57 am

Power n Glory wrote:

f**k zaha we should of got upemacano or koulibaly over pepe
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LMAO » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:23 am

Zenith wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Preach. :clap:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby swipe right » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:31 am

yadunoe wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

#BecauseEmery
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:46 am

yadunoe wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

This
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:32 am

People who think that we can do well without a winger in the Prem have no idea what they're talking about.

I'd rather buy a world class left winger than a CB in the summer. Go deal with it.

Part of why we struggle defensively is our midfield. We have an awful midfield.

On a different note, another facet that hinders us is Auba playing on the left. It's like we have a poacher on the left. There is no wing-play coming from that side. Whilst Auba is world class, he's not really a traditional winger. I'd much rather prefer a front three of Martinelli - Auba - Pepe. I'm aware that Auba has a better goal-scoring record from the left, which creates a tricky situation for us. But hey, what's wrong in trying wingers on the flanks and Auba up top?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to World Football