Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Postby Rockape » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:09 pm

I’ve watched Guendouzi many times to try and assess his worth and value. I’m still not sure tbh, but he’s defo not top quality and am sure he never will be!

He is slightly unusual in that instead of playing a quick Pass, he’ll hang onto the ball and move into space, but it’s not quick movement and generally nothing creative comes from it. We’d be better having two
Central midfielders that work together with neat interchanging passes that bring the rest of the team into the process.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:10 am

Agree with Santi. NJ I don't really like Guendouzi right now. But he's a highly annoying, fresh out of puberty 21 year old with too much youthful naivety and millennial ignorance.

He's one of Europe's biggest CM talents. I know this generation is shit but we will be very very stupid to sell a talent who needs a heavy backhand into shape so he keeps developing rather than he gets that at Chelsea, or Juventus or another club which did the same thing to Szcesney and Gnabry and look how they improved.

He and Xhaka along with Torreria have had a hard time with no quality Attacking mids ahead of them whatsoever, undermining their deeper roles especially this year.

I think he'd do really well if he just focused on his deeper role and had a top attacking mid ahead of him, so he focuses on developing in a quality Box to Box midfielder.

Off the pitch, he just needs someone to toughen him up and hit him everytime his ego goes off on one. Most millennial are super naive and arrogant. It's the mainstream media bullshit. Its hard for them to know what's true. I'd keep him. Theres talent in this guy!
Last edited by elkanofan on Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:45 am

elkanofan wrote:Agree with Santi. NJ I don't really like Guendouzi right now. But he's a highly annoying, fresh out of puberty 21 year old with too much youthful naivety and millennial ignorance.

He's one of Europe's biggest CM talents. I know this generation is shit but we will be very very stupid to sell a talent who needs a heavy backhand into shape so he keeps developing rather than he gets that at Chelsea, or Juventus or another club which did the same thing to Szcesney and Gnabry and look how they improved.

He and Xhaka along with Torreria have had a hard time with no quality Attacking mids ahead of them whatsoever, undermining their deeper roles especially this year.

I think he'd do really well if he just focused on his deeper role and had a top attacking mid ahead of him, so he focuses on developing in a quality Box to Box midfielder.

Off the pitch, he just needs someone to toughen him up and hit him everytime his ego goes off on one. Most millennial are super naive and arrogant. It's the mainstream media bullshit. Its hard for them to know what's true. I'd jeep him. Theres talent in this guy!

what he said.
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:42 am

elkanofan wrote:He and Xhaka along with Torreria have had a hard time with no quality Attacking mids ahead of them whatsoever, undermining their deeper roles especially this year.

swipe right
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:58 am

swipe right wrote:
elkanofan wrote:He and Xhaka along with Torreria have had a hard time with no quality Attacking mids ahead of them whatsoever, undermining their deeper roles especially this year.

I know, Elko can't leave Ozil out of any argument. So the reason our midfield is not performing is because I they do not have a decent attacking midfielder to play alongside :rofll:

Guendouzi has absolutely NOT demonstrated to be potentially one of the best CMs anywhere, what is with the Arsenal tinted glasses?! He has been average, he doesn't/hasn't excelled in a single thing - and this is coming from someone that likes Guendouzi and thinks he can improve and become a top CM. But from what I have seen he is just getting rated because he plays for Arsenal.
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:01 am

Replace with Hamed Junior Traore
swipe right
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:25 pm

Arsenal are considering using French midfielder Matteo Guendouzi, 21, as part of any swap deals this summer. (Mail)
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:33 am

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:13 am

adieu
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby aniym » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:17 am

i think Arteta had just put him on an internal suspension for his behaviour in the Brighton game. He could easily have been banned for putting his hands on Maupay's throat, which was insanely irresponsible.

pretty sure he'll be back in the squad for the next game
aniym
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:26 am

Seems like this guy is the only significant player at risk of leaving this summer, hopefully doesn’t happen. Would like another season or two to see if he progresses.
#YoPierre
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017

Postby Angelito » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:25 pm

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby themessiah » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:33 pm

Wouldn't mind swapping him if we got Partey
themessiah
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:39 pm

Ffs Mikel being a little girl on this one tbh
#YoPierre
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017

Postby gooney » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:34 pm

I really want to see where he goes. Because I just don’t see big clubs coming in for him. I can’t think of a big club he would start for. I can see him going to France for Nice or a club at that level
gooney
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk