Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Matteo Guendouzi

Postby KG3 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:15 pm

GBLShorty wrote:
KG3 wrote:I'd rather keep Elneny than buy Nzonzi who will be 30 in December


I see your point, but its kinda like saying 'you want to keep Theo Walcott because hes 26 over Aubamayang who is 29.

Thats the difference in talent.


Not really because Elneny is actually quality and proved to be a valuable member of the team last season especially in the Europa league
User avatar
KG3
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Matteo Guendouzi

Postby GBLShorty » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:45 pm

KG3 wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:
KG3 wrote:I'd rather keep Elneny than buy Nzonzi who will be 30 in December


I see your point, but its kinda like saying 'you want to keep Theo Walcott because hes 26 over Aubamayang who is 29.

Thats the difference in talent.


Not really because Elneny is actually quality and proved to be a valuable member of the team last season especially in the Europa league


A good squaddie maybe, but N'Zonzi is a solid guaranteed starter whos better than Elneny and Xhaka in every way.
User avatar
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Re: Matteo Guendouzi

Postby Jase89 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:11 pm

GBLShorty wrote:
KG3 wrote:I'd rather keep Elneny than buy Nzonzi who will be 30 in December


I see your point, but its kinda like saying 'you want to keep Theo Walcott because hes 26 over Aubamayang who is 29.

Thats the difference in talent.


Not sure I agree with that one. Elneny reminds me of a younger N' Zonzi at Blackburn. Except Elneny has a great eye for a through ball. Think in a few years Elneny could be a great player
User avatar
Jase89
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Re: Matteo Guendouzi

Postby Ach » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:12 pm

Jase89 wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:
KG3 wrote:I'd rather keep Elneny than buy Nzonzi who will be 30 in December


I see your point, but its kinda like saying 'you want to keep Theo Walcott because hes 26 over Aubamayang who is 29.

Thats the difference in talent.


Not sure I agree with that one. Elneny reminds me of a younger N' Zonzi at Blackburn. Except Elneny has a great eye for a through ball. Think in a few years Elneny could be a great player

If this happens then we should put a buy back clause when we sell him
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19108
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Matteo Guendouzi

Postby GBLShorty » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:12 pm

I dont think hes anything like N'Zonzi at all, different kind of midfielder, Elneny is a work rate mobile midfielder whos reasonably strong, N'Zonzi is a lanky leg breaker who stops play dead then floats lofted balls, if N'Zonzi is like anyone here then hes a better version of Xhaka.

But Xhaka just signed a new deal so he won't be going anywhere.
User avatar
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Re: Matteo Guendouzi

Postby Ach » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Manager Unai Emery personally persuaded Lorient's French midfielder Matteo Guendouzi, 19, to join Arsenal instead of Paris St-Germain and Borussia Dortmund. (L'Equipe - via Metro)


I like that

No trying to woo his parents and not bothering with the actual player, hes gets straight to the point.

Emery is the type of guy who bangs a chick then takes her out for dinner
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19108
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Matteo Guendouzi

Postby GBLShorty » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:15 am

i read he was pretty cheap also 5m euros, hes supposed to be like Rabiot from what i have read today.
User avatar
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Re: Matteo Guendouzi

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:18 am

Elneny is a basic CM, nothing special, like no thrills beans from Tesco. Nzonzi is considerably better than him and has that steel we have been missing since Flamini left us the first time.

As already stated, Elneny is a squad player, Nzonzi would be a starter. Such is the level of squad quality erosion we have been subjected to people see Elneny as decent. To be fair Nzonzi is not the quality we should be looking at either, but he is a big upgrade on what we have.
User avatar
theHotHead
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9646
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Matteo Guendouzi

Postby RW_0 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:15 pm

GBLShorty wrote:i read he was pretty cheap also 5m euros, hes supposed to be like Rabiot from what i have read today.



Rabiot was available pretty cheap back in 2014 but we didnt go foe him
MAKE ARSENAL GREAT AGAIN!
RW_0
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Matteo Guendouzi

Postby GBLShorty » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:18 pm

RW_0 wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:i read he was pretty cheap also 5m euros, hes supposed to be like Rabiot from what i have read today.



Rabiot was available pretty cheap back in 2014 but we didnt go foe him


Yeh its a shame, i'd swap him for Xhaka anyday.
User avatar
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Re: Matteo Guendouzi

Postby Jase89 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:31 pm

GBLShorty wrote:I dont think hes anything like N'Zonzi at all, different kind of midfielder, Elneny is a work rate mobile midfielder whos reasonably strong, N'Zonzi is a lanky leg breaker who stops play dead then floats lofted balls, if N'Zonzi is like anyone here then hes a better version of Xhaka.

But Xhaka just signed a new deal so he won't be going anywhere.


Very true! Shows how much I think of Xhaka that I actually forgot about him. Shame, I was excited when we signed him. Great expectations, turned out to be very average
User avatar
Jase89
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Re: Matteo Guendouzi

Postby Sims » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:14 am

Great barnet = great signing
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 31724
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Welcome, Matteo Guendouzi

Postby Angelito » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 am



Image
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 29182
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Welcome, Matteo Guendouzi

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:39 am

Another day another signing ........... somethings obviously different.

Leno, Sokratis, Litch, Torriea and now this guy.

All between June and beginning of July ........ even while the WC is going on.

Misinslat showing how it should be done even after he already bagged up Mkhitarayn and Auba in January.

Gazidis should be knighted at this rate.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24384
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Welcome, Matteo Guendouzi

Postby Callum » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:40 am

Elite level hair.
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36706
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Yago and 4 guests