Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:41 am

Angelito wrote:
LMAO wrote:
swipe right wrote:You see my dear DG, when the dictator falls out of love with his players the clubs PR machinery has to slander them to make it seem like they are the problem. We are told that all of this was initiated by Guendozi telling Maupay where to stuff it. Imagine if we applied the same yardstick to Vieira’s behavior.


I thought it started in Dubai and the Maupay incident was the last straw?


He took his shirt off and danced in Dubai appaz. Had this been in Rio, nobody would have batted an eyelid.

Bad behavior? Absolutely. Idiotic, yep. But it's not surprising for a stimulated teenager who's set for life to act like a buffoon. It's a teenage thing.

Just fine him for every misdemeanor. It wasn't even a big deal in the media before that Brighton incident. After that, everything blew up. The FA didn't bother slapping a fine or a suspension either. All of a sudden, news about his horrible attitude started pouring in after Brighton.

If there's anything we've been masterful at, lately, it's our foolproof PR mechanism.

Mind you, I'm not defending his behavior. He might be an absolute dumbass for all we know. I just don't trust the club's narrative or the people running things at Arsenal these days. It's a tad cronyistic. Not exactly. But somewhere there.


Exactly this - it very much seemed to me that the club's smear machine went into full force.
Not the first time.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8612
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby Özim » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:35 am

Phil71 wrote:He's doing so well that Hertha Berlin don't want to sign him.


Have you spoken to the guy in charge of transfers there? Lol

They might not have the money anyhow. The way I see it if it increases his transfer value and we can get more for him.

I don’t trust the club over their claims he had a bad attiitude because that’s always their default position that it’s the players fault, always shifting the blame, it’s cringeworthy.
Özim
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:43 am

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:He's doing so well that Hertha Berlin don't want to sign him.


Have you spoken to the guy in charge of transfers there? Lol

They might not have the money anyhow. The way I see it if it increases his transfer value and we can get more for him.

I don’t trust the club over their claims he had a bad attiitude because that’s always their default position that it’s the players fault, always shifting the blame, it’s cringeworthy.


OK. So it's fine to believe and repeat reports that are in the media if it suits your ant-Arteta agenda, but anything that might be to the contrary should be laughed at.

I see.
User avatar
Phil71
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7868
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby Özim » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:09 am

Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:He's doing so well that Hertha Berlin don't want to sign him.


Have you spoken to the guy in charge of transfers there? Lol

They might not have the money anyhow. The way I see it if it increases his transfer value and we can get more for him.

I don’t trust the club over their claims he had a bad attiitude because that’s always their default position that it’s the players fault, always shifting the blame, it’s cringeworthy.


OK. So it's fine to believe and repeat reports that are in the media if it suits your ant-Arteta agenda, but anything that might be to the contrary should be laughed at.

I see.


Yes it is because Arteta has alienated quite a few players, no smoke without fire as they say.

He’s tried to come in and throw his weight around, trouble is no one respects him, he’s got no record of success and no experience, it’s not the way to manage when your new to management.
Özim
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:51 am

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:He's doing so well that Hertha Berlin don't want to sign him.


Have you spoken to the guy in charge of transfers there? Lol

They might not have the money anyhow. The way I see it if it increases his transfer value and we can get more for him.

I don’t trust the club over their claims he had a bad attiitude because that’s always their default position that it’s the players fault, always shifting the blame, it’s cringeworthy.


OK. So it's fine to believe and repeat reports that are in the media if it suits your ant-Arteta agenda, but anything that might be to the contrary should be laughed at.

I see.


Yes it is because Arteta has alienated quite a few players, no smoke without fire as they say.

He’s tried to come in and throw his weight around, trouble is no one respects him, he’s got no record of success and no experience, it’s not the way to manage when your new to management.


So you admit it? OK.

Some of these players needed a kick up the arse. We've seen them down tools and do as they please for a few managers now - including him. He's not standing for it. More power to his elbow.

We've won the last four games. Let's hope we make it five in a row tonight, eh? You do want that don't you? Or does your hatred for Arteta outweigh your desire to win matches?
User avatar
Phil71
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7868
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:55 am

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:He's doing so well that Hertha Berlin don't want to sign him.


Have you spoken to the guy in charge of transfers there? Lol

They might not have the money anyhow. The way I see it if it increases his transfer value and we can get more for him.

I don’t trust the club over their claims he had a bad attiitude because that’s always their default position that it’s the players fault, always shifting the blame, it’s cringeworthy.


OK. So it's fine to believe and repeat reports that are in the media if it suits your ant-Arteta agenda, but anything that might be to the contrary should be laughed at.

I see.


Yes it is because Arteta has alienated quite a few players, no smoke without fire as they say.

He’s tried to come in and throw his weight around, trouble is no one respects him, he’s got no record of success and no experience, it’s not the way to manage when your new to management.

That phrase no smoke without fire is the biggest misnomer of the lot not just in football but within any walk of life
I have heard supposedly true stories from people who had no knowledge of events that I was at and it spreads like wildfire because bored people want salacious things to be the truth
Kindness stumbles at the court of the nihilist
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
 
Posts: 12813
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby Özim » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:52 pm

starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:He's doing so well that Hertha Berlin don't want to sign him.


Have you spoken to the guy in charge of transfers there? Lol

They might not have the money anyhow. The way I see it if it increases his transfer value and we can get more for him.

I don’t trust the club over their claims he had a bad attiitude because that’s always their default position that it’s the players fault, always shifting the blame, it’s cringeworthy.


OK. So it's fine to believe and repeat reports that are in the media if it suits your ant-Arteta agenda, but anything that might be to the contrary should be laughed at.

I see.


Yes it is because Arteta has alienated quite a few players, no smoke without fire as they say.

He’s tried to come in and throw his weight around, trouble is no one respects him, he’s got no record of success and no experience, it’s not the way to manage when your new to management.

That phrase no smoke without fire is the biggest misnomer of the lot not just in football but within any walk of life
I have heard supposedly true stories from people who had no knowledge of events that I was at and it spreads like wildfire because bored people want salacious things to be the truth
Kindness stumbles at the court of the nihilist


The point is he’s alienated a fair few players, that’s down to him as well, not the players solely, you can’t come in a a nobody and do this, why should they respect a guy who’s never achieved anything, either in his football career or management career.

Respect has to be earn my, he hasn’t earnt it.
Özim
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:41 pm

Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:He's doing so well that Hertha Berlin don't want to sign him.


Have you spoken to the guy in charge of transfers there? Lol

They might not have the money anyhow. The way I see it if it increases his transfer value and we can get more for him.

I don’t trust the club over their claims he had a bad attiitude because that’s always their default position that it’s the players fault, always shifting the blame, it’s cringeworthy.


OK. So it's fine to believe and repeat reports that are in the media if it suits your ant-Arteta agenda, but anything that might be to the contrary should be laughed at.

I see.


Yes it is because Arteta has alienated quite a few players, no smoke without fire as they say.

He’s tried to come in and throw his weight around, trouble is no one respects him, he’s got no record of success and no experience, it’s not the way to manage when your new to management.

That phrase no smoke without fire is the biggest misnomer of the lot not just in football but within any walk of life
I have heard supposedly true stories from people who had no knowledge of events that I was at and it spreads like wildfire because bored people want salacious things to be the truth
Kindness stumbles at the court of the nihilist


The point is he’s alienated a fair few players, that’s down to him as well, not the players solely, you can’t come in a a nobody and do this, why should they respect a guy who’s never achieved anything, either in his football career or management career.

Respect has to be earn my, he hasn’t earnt it.


The players work for Arsenal FC.

Arsenal FC, who pay their wages, has appointed a football manager to manage them.

Even if they don't immediately respect him as a person or for his qualities, they should respect his position and the fact that their employer has put him in that position.
User avatar
Phil71
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7868
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:08 pm

Phil71 wrote:He's doing so well that Hertha Berlin don't want to sign him.

Why do you claim Hertha do not want to sign him ? Have they come out and said that ?
User avatar
theHotHead
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10050
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:19 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:He's doing so well that Hertha Berlin don't want to sign him.

Why do you claim Hertha do not want to sign him ? Have they come out and said that ?


According to the German sports papers, yes.
User avatar
Phil71
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7868
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:24 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:He's doing so well that Hertha Berlin don't want to sign him.

Why do you claim Hertha do not want to sign him ? Have they come out and said that ?


According to the German sports papers, yes.

Furry muff.

I thought it was the old "not seen any reports so must mean nobody wants him" angle .......
User avatar
theHotHead
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10050
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby aniym » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:41 pm

There's a good probability that we'll extend the loan if Hertha ask, so it makes sense they're not making noise about wanting to sign him.

Then they can get him at a cut price as he'll be on the last year of his deal.

Arteta doesn't rate him or Torreira. Neither are coming back.
aniym
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7884
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:02 am

This is going to be our next disaster isn't it? ........... :doh:

Apparently and I can fully believe it, we've offered Hertha who are really happy with him, the chance to buy him for £27m, but before they could even get back to us to haggle, Guendouzi has basically announced that Hertha are too small fry for him lol.

So now he's been snubbed twice by AFC, first the loan then the sale offer, he's now probably soured his loan at Hertha with his reaction and then he'll end up outcast at AFC when he returns and we'll be battling too off load him until his contract runs down.

What a disaster, but I do think this shows Guendouzi has a fkin sh*t attitude though, surely just keep playing well and bigger teams will come knocking? you don't just demand to be at a big club, they need to want you first.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... n=exchange
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 24772
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby Tony Adams » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:20 am

He probably went off on loan thinking Ozil and co would force Arteta out and he'd come back to the holiday camp his friends had enjoyed under Wenger. It worked with Emery. Suddenly he's realised that ain't happening and is trying to put himself in the shop window (and failing, probably making himself less desirable tbh).
User avatar
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 37741
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:58 am

https://talksport.com/football/823253/m ... enal-news/

Hertha Berlin manager sacked and Guendouzi arguing with team mates.
User avatar
Power n Glory
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4847
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests