Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:00 am

Even less, it’s 9 million.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:26 am

It’s weird almost everyone else we send out on loan with no option to buy, but with him we set a very low fee.

Should have not set a fee, at 9 million even if we had sold him for 6 if he’d failed it still a small amount, the difference if he succeeded though was large.

Probably worth at least 30 million now given he plays for France as well and his age and performances.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby VCC » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:07 am

Can we refuse the deal, and bring him back
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:08 am

fukc this hairboy loudmouth
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:23 am

Losmeister wrote:fukc this hairboy loudmouth

At least hold out on a deal as long as possible if he is needed,
Xhaka will go this season
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:27 am

Losmeister wrote:fukc this hairboy loudmouth

At least hold out on a deal as long as possible if he is needed,
Xhaka will go this season
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:38 am

Getting rid of this guy is going to be almost as satisfying as getting rid of Auba.
Can’t wait.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:05 pm

VCC wrote:Can we refuse the deal, and bring him back

The mind boggles how we can f**k this up so badly and lose so much money !!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:18 pm

All the young players we managed to get a fee for saw their best days under Emery lol.

£70m total for Iwobi, Willock and Guendouzi.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:48 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Getting rid of this guy is going to be almost as satisfying as getting rid of Auba.
Can’t wait.

I have a different viewpoint, watching Auba scoring a hatful after leaving for nothing whilst our forwards can barely score a goal isn’t enjoyable, neither is watching a player who has progressed so much and is now a French international go for peanuts when our midfield is completely lacking in quality backups.

I don’t see how any of this benefits Arsenal, in fact it’s to the detriment of the club.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:01 pm

Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:47 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Getting rid of this guy is going to be almost as satisfying as getting rid of Auba.
Can’t wait.

I have a different viewpoint, watching Auba scoring a hatful after leaving for nothing whilst our forwards can barely score a goal isn’t enjoyable, neither is watching a player who has progressed so much and is now a French international go for peanuts when our midfield is completely lacking in quality backups.

I don’t see how any of this benefits Arsenal, in fact it’s to the detriment of the club.

I watched him be shit for us, so very happy he's gone and also that his influence is out of the club.
Same for Guendouzi.

Massive benefit for the club.

I am not a Barcelona fan or a Marseille fan so I couldn't give a shit what they do elsewhere.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:05 pm

Systems and managers clearly.

Fact is we’re struggling for goals up front, lack options in midfield and with FFP and the losses we’re making need as much transfer money from sales as possible.

I don’t see how this is a massive benefit to the club, we’re losing two players we could have possibly got 50 million for for 9 million.

If anything it’s a massive loss. I guess it’s good for both players though , they get to play CL football next season and get regular game time under managers that have enough ability to make the most of their undoubted talents.

Chances are they wouldn’t get any of that at Arsenal since CL football is looking less likely.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:14 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Can’t wait.

I watched him be shit for us, so very happy he's gone and also that his influence is out of the club.
Same for Guendouzi.

I am not a Barcelona fan or a Marseille fan so I couldn't give a shit what they do elsewhere.

He was never shit for us, stop being biased/making shit up ! He was our best CM in emery's reign and he fell out of favour under Arteta, not for his performances.
This is one of the reasons why I can't take most of what you write seriously Jay.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:14 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Can’t wait.

Same for Guendouzi.

He was never shit for us, stop being biased/making shit up ! He was our best CM in emery's reign and he fell out of favour under Arteta, not for his performances.
This is one of the reasons why I can't take most of what you write seriously Jay.

GOH.
He started well, but went downhill fast. I suspect because of his shitty attitude.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to World Football