Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:13 pm

Always wondered how he'd play higher up the pitch. Looked a lot better and dangerous in those areas. Good to hear he played well there.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:16 pm

Not good enough for us.
Especially further forward.
Would be a 3rd stringer.
His last game was against Lazio and he was subbed off. A bit tougher outside the French League.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:43 pm

Arsenal midfielder Matteo Guendouzi has emerged on Newcastle United's radar - according to Foot Mercato.

The 22-year-old is currently on loan at Marseille, who have the option to sign him outright at the end of the season.

It has been suggested that the French club could then look to sell Guendouzi on, with Newcastle now keeping a close eye on his situation.

Imagine if Marseille get 30m from him.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:29 pm

????

What does that have to do with anything ? whats the point in having more money in the bank if we are losing good money on players we have purchased ? That money will need to go on player transfers and wages - no doubt both of which will be higher because Guendo and Saliba would have increased in value so to replace them will cost more than we paid.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:15 pm

I think it's illegal to sign a player permanently and flip him to another club in the same window. This is a weak rumour, probably started when Emery was linked with the Toon job. Guendouzi was praising him on Twitter after the EL win.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:27 pm

Reiss wrote:Because for years we have been managed poorly in terms of finances. We can unlock a huge amount of wages this summer which can mould the team into better shape.

You have far more faith than me.

As it stands right now Arteta is losing Kroenke money hand over fist !!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:28 pm

Could have saved 50m on White by playing Saliba and 30m on Odegard by playing ESR. What’s that about a fool and his money?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:31 pm

swipe right wrote:Could have saved 50m on White by playing Saliba and 30m on Odegard by playing ESR. What’s that about a fool and his money?

:clap: yup make you think doesn't t it.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:04 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:I think it's illegal to sign a player permanently and flip him to another club in the same window. This is a weak rumour, probably started when Emery was linked with the Toon job. Guendouzi was praising him on Twitter after the EL win.

I think they can employ the same loophole that enabled Romero to move to Spurs in the summer.

Atalanta acquired Romero on loan with an option to buy for €16m from Juve. They activated that clause in the summer and subsequently loaned out Romero to Spurs, with an obligation to buy for €55m next summer.

Newcastle could do something similar with Guendouzi. Iirc Marseille have an obligation clause of £10m to sign him next summer. I'm unsure whether it's an option or obligation. They could activate that clause, loan out Guendouzi to Newcastle, and sell him permanently for £30m in the summer of 2023.

Mind you, I'm just talking about the technicalities. For all we know, this could simply be a rumor.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fran Solo » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:16 pm

swipe right wrote:Could have saved 50m on White by playing Saliba and 30m on Odegard by playing ESR. What’s that about a fool and his money?

Wait a minute. We should buy a midfielder anyway, no? It didn't have to be Odergaard off course.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:22 pm

Angelito wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:I think it's illegal to sign a player permanently and flip him to another club in the same window. This is a weak rumour, probably started when Emery was linked with the Toon job. Guendouzi was praising him on Twitter after the EL win.

I think they can employ the same loophole that enabled Romero to move to Spurs in the summer.

Atalanta acquired Romero on loan with an option to buy for €16m from Juve. They activated that clause in the summer and subsequently loaned out Romero to Spurs, with an obligation to buy for €55m next summer.

Newcastle could do something similar with Guendouzi. Iirc Marseille have an obligation clause of £10m to sign him next summer. I'm unsure whether it's an option or obligation. They could activate that clause, loan out Guendouzi to Newcastle, and sell him permanently for £30m in the summer of 2023.

Mind you, I'm just talking about the technicalities. For all we know, this could simply be a rumor.

I didn't know that was possible. Skeevy as hell.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:57 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Reiss wrote:Because for years we have been managed poorly in terms of finances. We can unlock a huge amount of wages this summer which can mould the team into better shape.

Lets hope the clown keeps splashing the cash Kroenke just might then realise what a plonker he has hired for a manager and sack him.
Nuggets

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:08 pm

As it stands we can take him back at the end of the season and then sell him elsewhere or keep him.

I am not sure there is an obligation for us to sell him - at least not how it has been reported.
But we'll see.
Frankly, we don't need or want his kind anyway, so we'll be better off getting shot of him.
We have bigger issues with existing players that have been here for a few years that need to shifted.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:26 pm

Reiss wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

I like the profile of player they're going for. Young and promising.

Our summer was the best in many many years.

Even if it doesn't work out with Arteta a new guy can come in and do well with our squad of players.

True
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:37 pm

jayramfootball wrote:As it stands we can take him back at the end of the season and then sell him elsewhere or keep him.

I am not sure there is an obligation for us to sell him - at least not how it has been reported.
But we'll see.
Frankly, we don't need or want his kind anyway, so we'll be better off getting shot of him.
We have bigger issues with existing players that have been here for a few years that need to shifted.

His kind??? What kind?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football