Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi ( (29)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:14 am

Zedie wrote:
Est83 wrote:He dwells a little too much, he just comes across as way to relaxed at times. But I feel that could be something that stays with him, part of his style. Some players just make everything seem effortless, and he's one of them. He'll never be a machine, and doesn't have to work to cover ground like little Torrieira. He just glides and covers ground so easily.

A little more upper body strength to stop getting robbed so easily, and a little more hustle, and wow!

Can't wait to see him develop.

My biggest gripe with him is he goes down too easily when expecting a foul. He needs to cut that out immediately.

If its strength, he still has a way to grow and he will get more solid but more often than not, I feel like hes going down due because of contact as oppose to being out muscled.

If he can sort that and his impulsive way of chasing a man and losing his positional awareness, he can become a massive player.

Zedie I am not being funny, this can be coached out immediately with a simple word in his earhole - " stay on your feet, stop diving, stop falling over so easily".

Simple training drills to stay on your feet and shield the ball, first from one player, then from 2 players. We did this at semi pro, why are they not doing this as pros? Down to the manager/coaches. Backs my point that certain things are not being taught or certain things players are not being told to do.

He does it way too much for it to be something they have addressed.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zedie » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:18 am

theHotHead wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Est83 wrote:He dwells a little too much, he just comes across as way to relaxed at times. But I feel that could be something that stays with him, part of his style. Some players just make everything seem effortless, and he's one of them. He'll never be a machine, and doesn't have to work to cover ground like little Torrieira. He just glides and covers ground so easily.

A little more upper body strength to stop getting robbed so easily, and a little more hustle, and wow!

Can't wait to see him develop.

My biggest gripe with him is he goes down too easily when expecting a foul. He needs to cut that out immediately.

If its strength, he still has a way to grow and he will get more solid but more often than not, I feel like hes going down due because of contact as oppose to being out muscled.

If he can sort that and his impulsive way of chasing a man and losing his positional awareness, he can become a massive player.

Zedie I am not being funny, this can be coached out immediately with a simple word in his earhole - " stay on your feet, stop diving, stop falling over so easily".

Simple training drills to stay on your feet and shield the ball, first from one player, then from 2 players. We did this at semi pro, why are they not doing this as pros? Down to the manager/coaches. Backs my point that certain things are not being taught or certain things players are not being told to do.

He does it way too much for it to be something they have addressed.

Of course he can be told that, but like mustafi some players obviously cant retain simple instructions and instinct takes over.

Sterling is a fine example of someone who has improved through specific coaching etc

Guendouzi will progress as he learns through training and experience, I dont think anyone expects him to be the finished article at 19 years old. Most importantly, just like at school, you learn if you listen and implement. If you dont do that, you dont learn
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Absolute machine

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ESR10 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:56 pm

Dejan wrote:Absolute machine

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Can't believe he only turned 20 a few days ago
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Mans gonna have a big season, just hope he doesn’t run out of steam again!
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Unbelievable footballer

The improvement from opening day last year is huge
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:59 pm

MOTM for me today, lets hope he keeps it going.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Losmeister » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:22 pm

promising... just needs to be upright more often...hopefully find team-m8s with his defensive headers
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:21 pm

Shone through today.

Again, he reminded me a bit of Gilberto Silva although Guendouzi has more to do because he doesn't have a legendary partner like Silva did.

Very promising from a 20 yr old, never hides behind his age, always gets out there and demands the ball.

Absolute steal for £8m, he's got to be already worth £30m by now, possibly more, if he carries on like this for his age he'll be worth £40m next year.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:44 pm

Well played. Lot of workload.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fenice » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:05 pm

Busted his butt off. Never afraid. Kid is special.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:40 pm

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/nieu ... 1167402533

Newcastle United v Arsenal FC - Premier League
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, ENGLAND - AUGUST 11:
Paul Dummett of Newcastle United (03) wins a header over David Luiz of Arsenal (23) during the Premier League match between Newcastle United and Arsenal FC at St. James Park on August 11, 2019 in Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom. (Photo by Serena Taylor/Newcastle United via Getty Images)

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Callum » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:43 pm

It begins...
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:44 pm

I really rated Guendouzi last year. He was guilty of a few errors but can understand that in his first year being so young. Even then, I thought he was one of our better players. Yesterday he showed he's stepped up again, as you would expect.
He's a very good player now and should be a starter, but he's going to get better and better.
I actually think his passing from 10-15 yards is also better than Xhaka's. I'd play Guendouzi and Torriera together in midfield. Drop Xhaka like a stone.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:47 pm

He was driving forward a bit more than I seen him do last year, which is good. Not sure if that was what he was told to do, but he was definitely making some forward runs from our end of the pitch and into or towards their end.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to World Football