Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby Ach » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:43 pm

Arsenal are ready to offload French midfielder Matteo Guendouzi, 22, for just 10m euros (£8.6m). (Le10Sport via Calciomercato)

Arteta is a joke
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:09 am

Shame the clown couldn't work with Guendouzi he showed promise, a clash of personalities, the clown should have risen above that.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:15 am

Arteta is losing the club money hand over fist. How is he still in a job ? Its like he has no concept of money, we may as well get some 10 year olds in to manage the club, I'm sure we wouldn't see that big of a difference on the pitch or with the bank balance !
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Dubs4Sam » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:28 pm

Guendouzi only came across good as he was at his best when we where chasing a goal and all structure / formation went out the window; his agilty and engine ensured he caused chaos and would stay in peoples mind as trying hard after the game.

But when he started a game and it was nil all; he was positionally a liability and unable to stay within a game plan he floated around chasing the ball like a underage school boy and left gaps in MF wherever he went hunting the ball.

I wont miss him for one.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:07 pm

I don't agree with that at all, Guendouzi was consistently one of our bet performers in his first season with us, it has nothing to do with us chasing games. The youngest player on the pitch and the most consistent, in that season.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:40 pm

Dubs4Sam wrote:Guendouzi only came across good as he was at his best when we where chasing a goal and all structure / formation went out the window; his agilty and engine ensured he caused chaos and would stay in peoples mind as trying hard after the game.

But when he started a game and it was nil all; he was positionally a liability and unable to stay within a game plan he floated around chasing the ball like a underage school boy and left gaps in MF wherever he went hunting the ball.

I wont miss him for one.

I don't rate him as much as others do, but during his time here he was no more of a liability than Ceballos, who had far more experience. Guendouzi played the whole season in 2018/19 and didn't look out of place despite coming from Ligue 2.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:41 pm

There's someing about him a good manager can bring out and work with

We have Arteta.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:09 pm

Good idea to offload him. Don't think he is desciplined enough to succeed at top level.
His attitude problems have showed up too often.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:05 pm

Sounds like we want to offload him for less than we paid, great bit of business.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:35 pm

Özim wrote:Sounds like we want to offload him for less than we paid, great bit of business.

And we barely paid anything for him to begin with!

We gave him significant first team experience for 2 seasons, including a Europa final.....and yet we have to sell for a loss. From a business perspective, this is just the the first of many financial dominoes falling because of Arteta's poor management.

- Willian
- Torreirra
- Kolasinac
- Saliba

I expect all these players to also leave for less than what we invested. This should be considered major negligence considering we have no UEFA money at all this year.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:09 pm

Yeah it’s awful management, in every sense, but then Arteta has made countless mistakes this season.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby VCC » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:37 pm

Be an unpopular take on here but,
I agree with Arteta in a way, good prospect that lost his way and was too big for his boots to take a step back, I dislike how he throws himself to the ground with every single touch looking for free kicks, much rather a player be strong and fight but the latter is rare in Arsenal today.
His rants about wage to other players shows a youngster who lost his way, Arteta probably thought he couldn't work with him, but as time has gone by it looks like Arteta is him self struggling.
But I dislike more of Dozy than I like.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:56 pm

VCC wrote:Be an unpopular take on here but,
I agree with Arteta in a way, good prospect that lost his way and was too big for his boots to take a step back, I dislike how he throws himself to the ground with every single touch looking for free kicks, much rather a player be strong and fight but the latter is rare in Arsenal today.
His rants about wage to other players shows a youngster who lost his way, Arteta probably thought he couldn't work with him, but as time has gone by it looks like Arteta is him self struggling.
But I dislike more of Dozy than I like.

I don't have a problem with Arteta sending him out on loan, it's not like he was going to use him if he stayed. However, a loan with no plan for what happens afterwards is a persistent problem because it kills their valuations.

Kolasinac has a year left. Will anyone pay a fee for him? for Torreira? Would they even pay to take them on loan, knowing that we've subsidized their wages heavily in the past?

As for his diving, it wasn't nearly as frequent as Ceballos' weekly embarrassments, which never seemed to bother Arteta anyway.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:33 pm

The Gunners will exercise an extension clause in French midfielder's Matteo Guendouzi, 22, contract if Marseille don't increase their £8.6m bid. (Le10 Sport)
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:24 am

That price tag is a fkin joke.

No one can defend that.

He's a 22 yr old decent midfielder, he's worth at least £20m.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football