Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Reiss » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:25 am

We could be saving a ton of money this summer in terms of wages with players out of contract and players leaving which will help transform our squad even more.

Matteo, Torreira and Bellerin are pretty much out the door. Laca, Eddie, Chambers, Elneny and Kola are out of contract.

That's 500k+ per week. We're be in a much healthier position after next summer.
Reiss
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby theHotHead » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:29 pm

????

What does that have to do with anything ? whats the point in having more money in the bank if we are losing good money on players we have purchased ? That money will need to go on player transfers and wages - no doubt both of which will be higher because Guendo and Saliba would have increased in value so to replace them will cost more than we paid.
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13158
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Reiss » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:48 pm

Because for years we have been managed poorly in terms of finances. We can unlock a huge amount of wages this summer which can mould the team into better shape.
Reiss
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:15 pm

I think it's illegal to sign a player permanently and flip him to another club in the same window. This is a weak rumour, probably started when Emery was linked with the Toon job. Guendouzi was praising him on Twitter after the EL win.
Highbury Hillbilly
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9701
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby theHotHead » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:27 pm

Reiss wrote:Because for years we have been managed poorly in terms of finances. We can unlock a huge amount of wages this summer which can mould the team into better shape.

You have far more faith than me.

As it stands right now Arteta is losing Kroenke money hand over fist !!
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13158
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby swipe right » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:28 pm

Could have saved 50m on White by playing Saliba and 30m on Odegard by playing ESR. What’s that about a fool and his money?
swipe right
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 4768
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Nuggets » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:31 pm

swipe right wrote:Could have saved 50m on White by playing Saliba and 30m on Odegard by playing ESR. What’s that about a fool and his money?

:clap: yup make you think doesn't t it.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 20500
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:04 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:I think it's illegal to sign a player permanently and flip him to another club in the same window. This is a weak rumour, probably started when Emery was linked with the Toon job. Guendouzi was praising him on Twitter after the EL win.


I think they can employ the same loophole that enabled Romero to move to Spurs in the summer.

Atalanta acquired Romero on loan with an option to buy for €16m from Juve. They activated that clause in the summer and subsequently loaned out Romero to Spurs, with an obligation to buy for €55m next summer.

Newcastle could do something similar with Guendouzi. Iirc Marseille have an obligation clause of £10m to sign him next summer. I'm unsure whether it's an option or obligation. They could activate that clause, loan out Guendouzi to Newcastle, and sell him permanently for £30m in the summer of 2023.

Mind you, I'm just talking about the technicalities. For all we know, this could simply be a rumor.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 30342
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Fran Solo » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:16 pm

swipe right wrote:Could have saved 50m on White by playing Saliba and 30m on Odegard by playing ESR. What’s that about a fool and his money?


Wait a minute. We should buy a midfielder anyway, no? It didn't have to be Odergaard off course.
User avatar
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3907
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Indonesia

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:22 pm

Angelito wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:I think it's illegal to sign a player permanently and flip him to another club in the same window. This is a weak rumour, probably started when Emery was linked with the Toon job. Guendouzi was praising him on Twitter after the EL win.


I think they can employ the same loophole that enabled Romero to move to Spurs in the summer.

Atalanta acquired Romero on loan with an option to buy for €16m from Juve. They activated that clause in the summer and subsequently loaned out Romero to Spurs, with an obligation to buy for €55m next summer.

Newcastle could do something similar with Guendouzi. Iirc Marseille have an obligation clause of £10m to sign him next summer. I'm unsure whether it's an option or obligation. They could activate that clause, loan out Guendouzi to Newcastle, and sell him permanently for £30m in the summer of 2023.

Mind you, I'm just talking about the technicalities. For all we know, this could simply be a rumor.


I didn't know that was possible. Skeevy as hell.
Highbury Hillbilly
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9701
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Reiss » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:36 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Reiss wrote:Because for years we have been managed poorly in terms of finances. We can unlock a huge amount of wages this summer which can mould the team into better shape.

You have far more faith than me.

As it stands right now Arteta is losing Kroenke money hand over fist !!


I like the profile of player they're going for. Young and promising.

Our summer was the best in many many years.

Even if it doesn't work out with Arteta a new guy can come in and do well with our squad of players.
Reiss
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Nuggets » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:57 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Reiss wrote:Because for years we have been managed poorly in terms of finances. We can unlock a huge amount of wages this summer which can mould the team into better shape.

You have far more faith than me.

As it stands right now Arteta is losing Kroenke money hand over fist !!


Lets hope the clown keeps splashing the cash Kroenke just might then realise what a plonker he has hired for a manager and sack him.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 20500
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:08 pm

As it stands we can take him back at the end of the season and then sell him elsewhere or keep him.

I am not sure there is an obligation for us to sell him - at least not how it has been reported.
But we'll see.
Frankly, we don't need or want his kind anyway, so we'll be better off getting shot of him.
We have bigger issues with existing players that have been here for a few years that need to shifted.
jayramfootball
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 15820
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby theHotHead » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:26 pm

Reiss wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Reiss wrote:Because for years we have been managed poorly in terms of finances. We can unlock a huge amount of wages this summer which can mould the team into better shape.

You have far more faith than me.

As it stands right now Arteta is losing Kroenke money hand over fist !!


I like the profile of player they're going for. Young and promising.

Our summer was the best in many many years.

Even if it doesn't work out with Arteta a new guy can come in and do well with our squad of players.

True
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13158
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby swipe right » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:37 pm

jayramfootball wrote:As it stands we can take him back at the end of the season and then sell him elsewhere or keep him.

I am not sure there is an obligation for us to sell him - at least not how it has been reported.
But we'll see.
Frankly, we don't need or want his kind anyway, so we'll be better off getting shot of him.
We have bigger issues with existing players that have been here for a few years that need to shifted.

His kind??? What kind?
swipe right
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 4768
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Hypergooner and 4 guests