Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby FrustratedGooner » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:21 pm

Let him go or stay who cares. If he plays well his stock will go up and someone else will try to get him that is willing to take a risk on such players.
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:23 pm

Sorry who is this again?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:58 am

Phil71 wrote:Sorry who is this again?

Its the guy who is being praised by his current manager who seems to be having no problem handling him.

Its the player that has everything that Xhaka does not, its the player that by all accounts would've been a better option at Arsenal this season than Lokonga.

Its the player that Arteta fanatics dismiss as surplus to requirements because of their fanboyism/stupidity/ignorance (delete as appropriate).

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/matteo-guendouzi-arsenal-transfer-news-25962346.amp
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:12 am

theHotHead wrote:

Its the guy who is being praised by his current manager who seems to be having no problem handling him.

Its the player that has everything that Xhaka does not, its the player that by all accounts would've been a better option at Arsenal this season than Lokonga.

Its the player that Arteta fanatics dismiss as surplus to requirements because of their fanboyism/stupidity/ignorance (delete as appropriate).

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/matteo-guendouzi-arsenal-transfer-news-25962346.amp

No I'm still lost.

I do recall a stupid boy with that name who stank the place out with his attitude and indiscipline and was sent packing on a loan spell.

Maybe if it's him he's managed to grow up and might get another chance.

But if he hasn't, only the usual, demented anti-Arteta loons would want him back.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:15 am

theHotHead wrote:

It’s the player who wasn’t that good when he actually played for us and has now found his level in a lower league.

Xhaka is better than him by the way by some distance, Lakonga is a different type of player and better at what he does.

If Guendouzi ever hacks it in a top league and can keep his composure when up against better and more physical players in the PL then I will will take some notice of him.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:37 am

I always liked him, a bit young and raw, but at least he put in an effort when those around him sent us to sleep with the sideways and backward passing.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:18 am

It's gonna be a shame if we lose this player and especially when looking at the state of our midfield. He always came across as a player that could be a leader on the pitch. We only really heard of him being immature after he was banished. Still a very young player but if he has matured a little, he could turn out to be a really good player. Hopefully, we can build some bridges. He's still our player.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:41 am

I said when we had him before that he was the type of lad I'd like in the trenches with me as he has a lot of fight.

Unfortunately it turns out that it's not just the enemy that he wants to fight.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:49 am

Phil71 wrote:I said when we had him before that he was the type of lad I'd like in the trenches with me as he has a lot of fight.

Surely, it's the club's manager and people around him to develop that side of him so that he can reach his potential. Ostracising a young kid with a bit of attitude is not the way to go in my opinion.
Goonerred

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:56 am

Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I said when we had him before that he was the type of lad I'd like in the trenches with me as he has a lot of fight.

Surely, it's the club's manager and people around him to develop that side of him so that he can reach his potential. Ostracising a young kid with a bit of attitude is not the way to go in my opinion.

That’s always been BS.
Good managers get rid of problem players with bad attitudes, they don’t ‘fix’ them.
These are not children.

We seem to have a generation of young people who think it’s someone else’s responsibility to make them successful and someone else’s accountability for all their f**k ups.

Guendouzi got tossed out of the PL because he had a shitty attitude and didn’t have the ability to make him indispensable. It was no one else’s fault but his own.
It remains to be seen whether he can grow up and improve to the level he can actually play for a top PL club. The evidence of this season in a lower league suggests he is destined to have an average career in football.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:11 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

That’s always been BS.
Good managers get rid of problem players with bad attitudes, they don’t ‘fix’ them.
These are not children.

We seem to have a generation of young people who think it’s someone else’s responsibility to make them successful and someone else’s accountability for all their f**k ups.

Guendouzi got tossed out of the PL because he had a shitty attitude and didn’t have the ability to make him indispensable. It was no one else’s fault but his own.
It remains to be seen whether he can grow up and improve to the level he can actually play for a top PL club. The evidence of this season in a lower league suggests he is destined to have an average career in football.

I don't agree, many of them come from low income backgrounds and start making a lot of money, they do need some guidance No, they're not kids but they are plunged into an alien world, if they can't change after they get help then kick them out. I'm not sure that he did anything worse than others.
Goonerred

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:24 am

Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

That’s always been BS.
These are not children.

I don't agree, many of them come from low income backgrounds and start making a lot of money, they do need some guidance No, they're not kids but they are plunged into an alien world, if they can't change after they get help then kick them out. I'm not sure that he did anything worse than others.

What others?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:26 am

I’m still waiting to hear what he did wrong at Arsenal baring the Brighton game.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:31 am

Goonerred wrote:

Yeah, some players get in their own way and never get it together. But there are some that grow up and turn into great players. RVP comes to mind when thinking of someone that arrived with a bit of a reputation.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:39 am

Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

That’s always been BS.
These are not children.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.
Goonerred

PreviousNext

Return to World Football