Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby swipe right » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:59 pm

Goonerred wrote:https://dailycannon.com/2021/10/what-happened-between-mikel-arteta-and-matteo-guendouzi/

That's one take on it swipe right

Thank you. That’s very helpful. But still nothing substantive. He got into an altercation with a player and took his shirt off at an event. Hardly the kind of stuff that demands he be exiled from the club.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:47 am

According to loan boss Jorge Sampaoli at Marseille, Guendouzi is dispelling those concerns.

“Aside from his youth, Matteo has a particular energy,” Sampaoli said. “He has a desire to win and he’s a natural leader. We imagined that would be the case but that it would happen over time.

“Seeing this in addition to his performances, we have an energy that everyone can envy. It’s contagious and it’s a very important value in life.

“Experience is important for everyone but, for young people, sometimes difficult events are not good experiences. There’s also personal capacity on the mental side.

“Guendouzi, for example, he’s 22-years-old but he acts like he’s 30. The most important thing is maturity.”
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:50 am

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Sorry who is this again?

Its the guy who is being praised by his current manager who seems to be having no problem handling him.

Its the player that has everything that Xhaka does not, its the player that by all accounts would've been a better option at Arsenal this season than Lokonga.

Its the player that Arteta fanatics dismiss as surplus to requirements because of their fanboyism/stupidity/ignorance (delete as appropriate).

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/matteo-guendouzi-arsenal-transfer-news-25962346.amp

No I'm still lost.

I do recall a stupid boy with that name who stank the place out with his attitude and indiscipline and was sent packing on a loan spell.

Maybe if it's him he's managed to grow up and might get another chance.

But if he hasn't, only the usual, demented anti-Arteta loons would want him back.

What attitude was that? Having a winning mentality? Tell me what he did wrong at Arsenal!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:54 am

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Sorry who is this again?

Its the guy who is being praised by his current manager who seems to be having no problem handling him.

Its the player that has everything that Xhaka does not, its the player that by all accounts would've been a better option at Arsenal this season than Lokonga.

Its the player that Arteta fanatics dismiss as surplus to requirements because of their fanboyism/stupidity/ignorance (delete as appropriate).

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/matteo-guendouzi-arsenal-transfer-news-25962346.amp

It’s the player who wasn’t that good when he actually played for us and has now found his level in a lower league.

Xhaka is better than him by the way by some distance, Lakonga is a different type of player and better at what he does.

If Guendouzi ever hacks it in a top league and can keep his composure when up against better and more physical players in the PL then I will will take some notice of him.

Total and utter nonsense. He was our joint most consistent performer in his and Emery's first and second seasons, he was absolutely our best midfielder at that time too, goodness knows where we would've finished in the league if he had not been there.

Xhaka has never been as good as Guendouzi in an Arsenal shirt and considering in his second season he held up the Arsenal midfield, to compare Lokonga to him is a piss take!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:56 am

Phil71 wrote:I said when we had him before that he was the type of lad I'd like in the trenches with me as he has a lot of fight.

Unfortunately it turns out that it's not just the enemy that he wants to fight.

Oh shut up with this nonsense. The guy got physical in one game against Brighton.

Is that it now, people have to make bare faced lies to maintain their Arteta fanboyism?!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:58 am

swipe right wrote:I’m still waiting to hear what he did wrong at Arsenal baring the Brighton game.

Some fucktard will bring up the trip in the Middle East where he took his top off at a dinner :rofll:

f***ing lame, they have no argument and they know it. Arteta f***ing disciples the lot of em, f***ing cult followers that are incapable of rational thought and discussion.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:00 am

swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I said when we had him before that he was the type of lad I'd like in the trenches with me as he has a lot of fight.

Surely, it's the club's manager and people around him to develop that side of him so that he can reach his potential. Ostracising a young kid with a bit of attitude is not the way to go in my opinion.

That’s always been BS.
Good managers get rid of problem players with bad attitudes, they don’t ‘fix’ them.
These are not children.

We seem to have a generation of young people who think it’s someone else’s responsibility to make them successful and someone else’s accountability for all their f**k ups.

Guendouzi got tossed out of the PL because he had a shitty attitude and didn’t have the ability to make him indispensable. It was no one else’s fault but his own.
It remains to be seen whether he can grow up and improve to the level he can actually play for a top PL club. The evidence of this season in a lower league suggests he is destined to have an average career in football.

I don't agree, many of them come from low income backgrounds and start making a lot of money, they do need some guidance No, they're not kids but they are plunged into an alien world, if they can't change after they get help then kick them out. I'm not sure that he did anything worse than others.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

There's a huge difference between making mistakes & being sometimes ill-disciplined on the pitch, versus being ill-disciplined to a degree whereby your are fighting with team mates in training and openly disrespecting / disobeying the manager - which is what this boy was apparently doing.

Can you please give us evidence about him fighting teammates and disobeying the manager at Arsenal.

Tumbleweeds ,,,,,,
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:03 am

Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Surely, it's the club's manager and people around him to develop that side of him so that he can reach his potential. Ostracising a young kid with a bit of attitude is not the way to go in my opinion.

That’s always been BS.
Good managers get rid of problem players with bad attitudes, they don’t ‘fix’ them.
These are not children.

We seem to have a generation of young people who think it’s someone else’s responsibility to make them successful and someone else’s accountability for all their f**k ups.

Guendouzi got tossed out of the PL because he had a shitty attitude and didn’t have the ability to make him indispensable. It was no one else’s fault but his own.
It remains to be seen whether he can grow up and improve to the level he can actually play for a top PL club. The evidence of this season in a lower league suggests he is destined to have an average career in football.

I don't agree, many of them come from low income backgrounds and start making a lot of money, they do need some guidance No, they're not kids but they are plunged into an alien world, if they can't change after they get help then kick them out. I'm not sure that he did anything worse than others.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

There's a huge difference between making mistakes & being sometimes ill-disciplined on the pitch, versus being ill-disciplined to a degree whereby your are fighting with team mates in training and openly disrespecting / disobeying the manager - which is what this boy was apparently doing.

Slinging the captain's armband on the ground and telling fans to eff off is not bad enough for you?

And for that he issued an unreserved apology to the club, the manager and the fans.

Something that's been remarkably lacking with Guendouzi. Instead he has carried on his issue by way of sniping at the club and the manager at every given opportunity.

I’ll ask you again. What is it you’d like Guendozi to apologize to Arsenal fans for?

Did you ask me before? I do apologise.

I don't want him to apologise to the fans.

A full of shit answer because you know your argument is as weak. Its past weak, your argument is non-existent.

Accuses Guendouzi of being guilty of all kinds of shit then, when challenged is incapable of naming the things he is guilty of doing.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:06 am

jayramfootball wrote:^ he didn't say he wanted him to apologise. It's not that difficult to understand.

With Guendouzi it's simple - he was neither good enough or deemed to have the right attitude to be part of our squad. No need for an apology. He can either get better on the pitch and stop his shit talk or he can f**k off. No loss to us if he does as I doubt he'll ever be good enough for a top 4 team in the PL.

I know the boring Arteta haters like to make out Guendouzi is as good as Busquets in his prime, but he really isn't, he's bang average and not really worth the drama. The ONLY reason he (and Saliba) have 100 pages plus of conversation is because Arteta didn't think the players were good enough for Arsenal. It's just another expression of 'Arteta bad' whining. Notice the Serge Gnabry thread is only 29 pages. Whilst he was with us and then loaned I think he may have made it to 10 pages. :sneaky2:

More nonsense Jay and you know it. Guendouzi is better than all of our CMs bar Partey and you have NOTHING to say about a bad attitude because we never saw a bad attitude, all we saw was him drapes up the bredda at Brighton - which was pretty standard stuff.

You have a false narrative and you know it!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:11 am

Goonerred wrote:https://dailycannon.com/2021/10/what-happened-between-mikel-arteta-and-matteo-guendouzi/

That's one take on it swipe right

The single point in the article kills Jay's argument stone dead. We bought a player for £7m and his value went up to £45m after 1 season!

But but but, he wasn't that good, he wasn't good enough for us :rofll:

When people make foolish arguments they deserve to be ridiculed!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:35 am

57 PL games
0 goals
1 assist

Won only 42% of the games he played in.

So clearly not a creative player or an influential player.
Unfortunately he was also not strong at tackling or shielding the back 4, didn’t excel at winning the ball at all in fact

So what was he?
The guy was a key part of our go nowhere endless and pointless passing game.

But but let’s pretend he was brilliant for us.
Good grief.

Not good enough for a PL top 4 side.
Is he better than our current midfielders? No.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:51 am

theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

That’s always been BS.
These are not children.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

Can you please give us evidence about him fighting teammates and disobeying the manager at Arsenal.

Tumbleweeds ,,,,,,

Already links provided on this thread.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:52 am

jayramfootball wrote:57 PL games
0 goals
1 assist

Unfortunately he was also not strong at tackling or shielding the back 4, didn’t excel at winning the ball at all in fact

So what was he?

Good grief.

Poor argument given his inexperience when he joined us and the position he plays in. For instance, no one is complaining that Lokonga isn’t scoring and assisting.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:06 am

swipe right wrote:
0 goals
1 assist

So what was he?

Good grief.

Poor argument given his inexperience when he joined us and the position he plays in. For instance, no one is complaining that Lokonga isn’t scoring and assisting.

Lokonga has played just 12 games , some as a sub and has only just begun. He’s also not a starter. Looks to have more potential than the rather agricultural Guendouzi.

We saw enough of Guendouzi to know he’s not good enough to be in a top 4 PL team.

The only reason he’s even mentioned now is because it was Arteta that dumped him, which was clearly the correct decision for a number of reasons.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:22 am

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
0 goals
1 assist

So what was he?

Good grief.

Lokonga has played just 12 games , some as a sub and has only just begun. He’s also not a starter. Looks to have more potential than the rather agricultural Guendouzi.

We saw enough of Guendouzi to know he’s not good enough to be in a top 4 PL team.

The only reason he’s even mentioned now is because it was Arteta that dumped him, which was clearly the correct decision for a number of reasons.

It really isn't I don't care which manager hired and fired which player as long as Arsenal get back to challenging for trophies. Funny though how some back Xhaka even though he was so disrespectuful to the club in full view of the world and continue to support him despite his endless mistakes which cost us points and matches on a regular basis.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to World Football