Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Matteo Guendouzi (29)

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:07 pm

Sims wrote:maitland-niles is an absolute baller

dont think ive seen a midfielder with his level of composure at his age in a long long time

He'll be a career £15m player and will end up at a mid tier / low tier team the moment he's cut from Arsenal.

We've had much better seniors than him be cut from the Arsenal bubble and almost all of them have ended up the same.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:maitland-niles is an absolute baller

dont think ive seen a midfielder with his level of composure at his age in a long long time

He'll be a career £15m player and will end up at a mid tier / low tier team the moment he's cut from Arsenal.

We've had much better seniors than him be cut from the Arsenal bubble and almost all of them have ended up the same.

based on what? AMN's skillset is the rarest we have in our crop of youngsters, he continues to develop at the rate he did last season he'll be a top player

i also think that his ceiling is higher than guendouzi's and that hes currently better than matteo, which isnt surprising given hes older

think people seeing someone fresh like guendouzi with AMN getting injured is throwing people's perspectives a tad
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Yago » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:11 pm

Guendouzi is a much better player than AMN.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby themessiah » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:19 pm

Maitland-Niles will only make it here as a Full back.

Maitland-Niles wants to play at CDM but plays poorly there,

I still think he is a better LB than Kolasinac who is shocking.

Shows how bad Kolasinac is that Maitland-Niles if fit would be our back up to Nacho Monreal.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:19 pm

Yago wrote:Guendouzi is a much better player than AMN.

Its not even a debate.

AMN can't even hold his position in midfield without getting slung to fullback.

I know your a fan of his Sims but I'm done looking at AFC's youngsters with rose tinted glasses.

We keep extending their age window purely on sentiment, but the fact is most players either have it or they don't by age 22.

How much better is he going to get by next year? because their talent becomes evident by that age .......... I see almost nothing in AMN.

Is his tackling great? no, its avge, is his passing range great? no its avge.

What does he do that's so great? he's literally half the player Guendouzi is.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:25 pm

versatility is a huge trait in football. hes a good pressure evader, really good dribbler, immense recovery pace; i think AMN does need to lock down a position though before he ends up being underdeveloped in areas needed for a full-back/midfielder. he ran the midfield and made pogba his bitch at old trafford last season, our only good player on the day

really do like guendouzi but theres still something missing from his game which i cant really pinpoint. as a cohesive defensive unit we look better in the limited minutes with xhaka - torreira on the pitch and from the limited minutes he didnt seem to work well with torreira either

he has good numbers for his age but i hope he doesnt go down the coq route where his tackle & interception + recovery numbers are high whilst ignoring his all round play. though obvs watching him hes capable of passes that the french midfield donkey we had before could only dream of making

in any case, Guendozui & AMN at 19 & 21 is only a good thing for the football club, if one of them turns out to be special and one just a squad player thats still f***ing great
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:11 pm

21 is young for a DM, peak would be 25 onwards, both good talents, all depends on self discipline and level of coaching they receive to how far they go
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:26 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Losmeister » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:45 pm

:clap: :clap: in any case, Guendozui & AMN at 19 & 21 is only a good thing for the football club, if one of them turns out to be special and one just a squad player thats still f***ing great
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:51 pm

It was a nice run and he’ll be better off with it but it’s time for Xhaka - Torreira in midfield

Our only functioning midfield duo
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Ach » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Worst game so far for us

Should stay in though
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Pudpop » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Sims wrote:It was a nice run and he’ll be better off with it but it’s time for Xhaka - Torreira in midfield

How on earth can you call it the only functioning one if we haven't even seen Douzi-Torreira

They're basically the same player so if one is functional then so is the other
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:55 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Sims wrote:It was a nice run and he’ll be better off with it but it’s time for Xhaka - Torreira in midfield

How on earth can you call it the only functioning one if we haven't even seen Douzi-Torreira

when torreira came on for xhaka at the start of the season alongside guendouzi it was an absolute train wreck, no-one could complete a pass
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Pudpop » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Sims wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

when torreira came on for xhaka at the start of the season alongside guendouzi it was an absolute train wreck, no-one could complete a pass
Ok. I guess we should completely give up on the duo because of 20 minutes against City

Equally we can conclude that xhaka-torreira is great after a collective 90 minutes against Cardiff and Newcastle
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LegendaryKeown » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:58 pm

I'd like to give Guendouzi time but if Xhaka/Torreira seem to be our best midfield, as much as I hate Xhaka, we should play those two
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to World Football