Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:59 am

I like the guy's play, and he will get better with age. Madrid? Barca? He will do a Hleb and disappear into nothingness.

Rather big head for a twenty one year old two years removed for French second division football.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:27 am

Let's not forget that this could also be his agent stirring up shit and creating rumours to get his client a better deal. Arteta has no reason to want him gone, especially with no replacement lined up if he leaves.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:28 am

If we sell no less than £45 million.

I would prefer to keep him more than Arteta for example. He's immature, spoiled brat, but a talented one.

Have we not f***ing learned from Gnabry and Szcesney already?

Princesses like Matteo need a bitchslap into shape. Its the shit, has been's which must go right now.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:28 am

This is where we need one of the 24 captains to step up and keep him in check. Imagine Guendouzi walking into the changing room with Adams and co back in the early 90s!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:31 am

Tony Adams wrote:This is where we need one of the 24 captains to step up and keep him in check. Imagine Guendouzi walking into the changing room with Adams and co back in the early 90s!

He wouldnt have walked out

Stretcher bearers!!!!
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby NJ_Gunner » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:09 am

elkanofan wrote:If we sell no less than £45 million.

I would prefer to keep him more than Arteta for example. He's immature, spoiled brat, but a talented one.

Have we not f***ing learned from Gnabry and Szcesney already?

Princesses like Matteo need a bitchslap into shape. Its the shit, has been's which must go right now.

Difference is we didn’t get anywhere near enough money for Szczesny it Gnabry. If selling Guendouzi funds getting someone like Thomas, I’d sell.
NJ_Gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:24 pm

Why would you want to find a move for a guy you’ve probably watched 3 times in 2 seasons by selling a guy 6 years younger who could end up much better?

Partey is just flavour of the month but if we hadn’t been linked with him I doubt his name would be getting so many mentions. We need to keep Guendouzi and Martinelli, we got them cheap and they are our future. Unless a ridiculous bid comes in like Coutinho prices then we tell clubs to f**k off.

Partey could be bought without selling anyone.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:01 pm

Ach wrote:
Manchester United have registered their interest in Guendouzi, while Barcelona, Paris St-Germain, Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid are also targeting the midfielder. (L'Equipe, via Mail)

If we get rid, Arteta and the board have to walk

He has a very good agent who talks him up in the media. If you think he would get games at those clubs or they gonna spend big on him...then you believe everything. He is not going because i dont think anyone would offer even 30 million pound for him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:34 pm

Santi wrote:Why would you want to find a move for a guy you’ve probably watched 3 times in 2 seasons by selling a guy 6 years younger who could end up much better?

Partey is just flavour of the month but if we hadn’t been linked with him I doubt his name would be getting so many mentions. We need to keep Guendouzi and Martinelli, we got them cheap and they are our future. Unless a ridiculous bid comes in like Coutinho prices then we tell clubs to f**k off.

Partey could be bought without selling anyone.

William Carvalho says hi
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:31 pm

I don't know what you guys are seeing but Guendouzi is one of the worst CM regulars we've ever had.

Yes at £6m he's an absolute bargain, he's def worth £25m but what are we when we have to shop for a £6m CM?

Lets be honest, he has good energy, defends deep half ok, but his penetrative passes are non-existent, his ball carrying is fine until he gets to the business end.

If he wants to go, let him go.

Fabregas, Rosicky, Cazorla, Gilberto Silva, Vieira, Ramsey, Flamini, Song ........ even Jack Wilshere had more to his game than this kid.

I'd put Guendouzi, current form, somehere between Denilson and Flamini and that's not great.

Flamini was a better player, in fact an in form Coquelin was better.

........... in fact the only CM's worse than Guen were Denilson and Frimpong, everyone else above is better.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:02 pm

Is Guendouzi honestly any better than Elneny? I do not understand the hype around this guy outside the fact that he's young and French.

Not saying Elneny stood out in terms of quality when he was here, but our midfield was far better from 2015-17 compared to what he have now.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:15 pm

Guendouzi is similar to what Ramsey was but without the goals at the end and yet you guys don’t seem to like him. At the moment he’s our only midfielder who contributes anything going forward so until we sort that out (this summer looks like a DM) then we have to keep him.

His energy and drive in midfield are the only bright parts of our play. He needs to work on shifting the ball earlier (like Ramsey) and his positioning in defence but at the moment he at least gets back and gets his body in front of the attacker if nothing else. He also wins a lot of tactical fouls when we’re under pressure.

Not a world beater but more than useful to us right now, hopefully will only get better. If he doesn’t, we’ll still get 30m in a few years.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:09 pm

I’ve watched Guendouzi many times to try and assess his worth and value. I’m still not sure tbh, but he’s defo not top quality and am sure he never will be!

He is slightly unusual in that instead of playing a quick Pass, he’ll hang onto the ball and move into space, but it’s not quick movement and generally nothing creative comes from it. We’d be better having two
Central midfielders that work together with neat interchanging passes that bring the rest of the team into the process.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:10 am

Agree with Santi. NJ I don't really like Guendouzi right now. But he's a highly annoying, fresh out of puberty 21 year old with too much youthful naivety and millennial ignorance.

He's one of Europe's biggest CM talents. I know this generation is shit but we will be very very stupid to sell a talent who needs a heavy backhand into shape so he keeps developing rather than he gets that at Chelsea, or Juventus or another club which did the same thing to Szcesney and Gnabry and look how they improved.

He and Xhaka along with Torreria have had a hard time with no quality Attacking mids ahead of them whatsoever, undermining their deeper roles especially this year.

I think he'd do really well if he just focused on his deeper role and had a top attacking mid ahead of him, so he focuses on developing in a quality Box to Box midfielder.

Off the pitch, he just needs someone to toughen him up and hit him everytime his ego goes off on one. Most millennial are super naive and arrogant. It's the mainstream media bullshit. Its hard for them to know what's true. I'd keep him. Theres talent in this guy!
Last edited by elkanofan on Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:45 am

elkanofan wrote:Agree with Santi. NJ I don't really like Guendouzi right now. But he's a highly annoying, fresh out of puberty 21 year old with too much youthful naivety and millennial ignorance.

He's one of Europe's biggest CM talents. I know this generation is shit but we will be very very stupid to sell a talent who needs a heavy backhand into shape so he keeps developing rather than he gets that at Chelsea, or Juventus or another club which did the same thing to Szcesney and Gnabry and look how they improved.

He and Xhaka along with Torreria have had a hard time with no quality Attacking mids ahead of them whatsoever, undermining their deeper roles especially this year.

I think he'd do really well if he just focused on his deeper role and had a top attacking mid ahead of him, so he focuses on developing in a quality Box to Box midfielder.

Off the pitch, he just needs someone to toughen him up and hit him everytime his ego goes off on one. Most millennial are super naive and arrogant. It's the mainstream media bullshit. Its hard for them to know what's true. I'd jeep him. Theres talent in this guy!

what he said.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to World Football