Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Postby Callum » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:31 pm

It makes sense to reintegrate him if he's shown some form of contrition and willingness to improve his behaviour, even if we still wish to sell him.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:35 pm

well, you can imagine the conversation:

MA: So, no one wants you, but if you apologise to the team, get your head down in training and don't piss me off, we'll consider giving you another chance!

MG: okay!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:53 pm

Well thats that for any midfield purchases then

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:59 pm

He has a lot of potential let's hope he settles down and starts performing
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby gooney » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:11 pm

Mustafi wrote:I like the sound of that. We would sell him for way below his market value this summer and we don't have enough midfield options anyway and can't afford more than one new acquisition.

Give him another year, maybe he gets his shit together.

Only way his value go up is if he plays and do well. Next summer he will have 12 months left on his deal. Doubt he will command big fee then
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:45 pm

alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:33 pm

Dejan wrote:Well thats that for any midfield purchases then

Exactly what I was thinking.

Imo Guendouzi did too much damage not even acknowledging either our FA Cup or Charity shield wins, even Ozil celebrated both of those.

Has Guen even really learned his lesson?

This to me as Dejan said screams "We can't land our targets so lets bring everyone back in from the cold" I really don't see how that helps our standards or improves us moving forward.

Very dissapointing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:38 pm

He will be a bench option like Elneny this season, and likely loaned out next summer or sold.

I do not see what this guy offers besides pashun. Defending is average, passing and dribbling is OK, and he's not used offensively at all. He isn't in the running for a Euro 2021 squad place either. So what incentive does he have to perform with us?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooney » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:03 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Imo Guendouzi did too much damage not even acknowledging either our FA Cup or Charity shield wins, even Ozil celebrated both of those.

This to me as Dejan said screams "We can't land our targets so lets bring everyone back in from the cold" I really don't see how that helps our standards or improves us moving forward.

Very dissapointing.

He had a clear fall out with Arteta and was kicked out of the team. We already knew months ago after the Brighton game he refused to apologies and the report said the conversation he had with Arteta left Arteta unimpressed. So it was a clear fallout and the player accepted he had no future here. Only reason he would stay is we didnt get bids, not that anything changed in their relationship. I still believe Arteta reaction took down his value and everyone knows we have a player we really dont want
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:32 am

Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:55 am

gooney wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Very dissapointing.

He had a clear fall out with Arteta and was kicked out of the team. We already knew months ago after the Brighton game he refused to apologies and the report said the conversation he had with Arteta left Arteta unimpressed. So it was a clear fallout and the player accepted he had no future here. Only reason he would stay is we didnt get bids, not that anything changed in their relationship. I still believe Arteta reaction took down his value and everyone knows we have a player we really dont want

His value was harmed because we've over valued him as fans.

He's good but he's no Gilberto Silva, the guys final ball is attrocious and he hangs on to the ball for too long, is he worth more than £6m, absolutely, is he worth the £35m we thought he's jumped too, not really, more like £25m and even that's a push in the current climate.

What I'm seeing here is Arteta has probably been tasked to train this kid to hit the potential the club feel he can get to so we can actually sell the tw*t.

Arteta hasn't much choice but to sign off on the idea because now he's realised this kids worth gives him money to spend in the future, he's a manager now, he has to consider those things.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:26 pm

He's not a defensive midfielder, but I can't recollect him scoring any goals, or great attempts on goal. He doesn't make runs into the box, appears to be very slow and as others have said....its a struggle to define what he's actually any good at. Yes he can control a ball and pass it and also put a tackle in, but that appears to be that. No surprise to me that no one's interested in him.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:46 pm

He is clearly a box to box all action midfielder who so far hasn't excelled in any key elements of the role - defending and attacking. He does the basics well sometimes but the criticism levelled at him is dwelling on the ball for too long. I think he will improve in that area with games and experience. I also think his defending will naturally improve also. Can he improve his offensive ability - thats the one that requires technique, I'm not sure, perhaps he will, perhaps he won't.

So in the near future I expect Guendouzi to be a decent CM, maybe not box to box but certainly not a shit CM. If he improves offensively he will be worth a bucketload in 5 years time.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:50 pm

Not a top 6 quality player, for sure. Might survive for a while as a bench warmer, but eventually will be shipped out, by any PL team. Don't see a lot of prospects here.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:53 pm

He can drive forward with the ball quite well
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

PreviousNext

Return to World Football