Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Welcome, Matteo Guendouzi

Postby Zedie » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Santi wrote:Hudson Odoi is sick though, hope they give him a chance now they have a half decent manager who isn't just gonna spend 500m.

Mates been banging on about him for 2 years now, hopefully takes Willian/Pedro's spot.

He'll go on loan and be sold like all the others.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:35 am

Ever since the signing of Arsharvin and then the excruciating Higuain debacle, I haven't been much of a fan of transfer deadline day or transactions that happen just before the start of the season, as they tend to be a last minute alternative to offset not getting who they really wanted.

Unless the game of bluff and double bluff was being played and involved at least one big club and a big name player, the best players don't tend to get sold in this fashion.

It's with this in mind that my hopes of us now getting Nzonzi have started to ebb away.

If this is the case then our first XI's midfield to start the season must be drawn from our current pool. It would be bonkers for Torrieira not to be one of the two holding midfielders so I too would favour Guendouzi as his partner over Xhaka and Elneny.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:25 pm

Elneny is a solid option for lower games or as a sub, Torreia will obviously be a nailed on starter.

As for his partner whether Emery starts Xhaka or Guendouzi, it doesn't matter, Xhaka is going to eventually play his way onto the bench at some point regardless so Guendouzi & Toerria is inevitable.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:44 pm

What if Torreira ends up being shit
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Sims wrote:What if Torreira ends up being shit

lol.

Then it'll be Elneny & Guendouzi or likely Xhaka.

This is all based on Ramsey leaving by the way, if Ramsey does stay he is a nailed on starter, even though I'm not that fussed about him I know Emery is.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:09 pm

Well actions speak louder than words. I
Emery is hardly going to come in and be asked about Ramsey and say he is shit or that he is gonna sell him. I think he overplayed the importance of Ramsey to keep everyone sweet/quiet.

We will soon see how important Ramsey is to him.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:15 pm

Emery should have said it aloud even if that is what he thinks of Ramsey.

Ramsey is probably using that as a leverage in contract negotiations.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:34 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:I like what I see and expect him to play a noticeable role in the upcoming campaign. But we also have to remember Guendouzi is still a teen, so he'll have the occasional mistake in him.

Our whole defense had mistakes in them and their vets so what's the excuse, as long as he makes "less mistakes" than Xhaka or whoever he takes over from, again, what are we missing?

A better player is a better player regardless of age, if he's not a better player then the bench it is, I don't see the confusion tbh.

Huh? I said that we have to remember Guendouzi is still a teen for when he inevitably makes a mistake because a good portion of our fan base is quick to react and write players off. Dunno what that has to do with making excuses for our defense or comparing him to Xhaka :dontknow:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:35 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:I like what I see and expect him to play a noticeable role in the upcoming campaign. But we also have to remember Guendouzi is still a teen, so he'll have the occasional mistake in him.

Our whole defense had mistakes in them and their vets so what's the excuse, as long as he makes "less mistakes" than Xhaka or whoever he takes over from, again, what are we missing?

A better player is a better player regardless of age, if he's not a better player then the bench it is, I don't see the confusion tbh.

Huh? I said that we have to remember Guendouzi is still a teen for when he inevitably makes a mistake because a good portion of our fan base is quick to react and write players off. Dunno what that has to do with making excuses for our defense or comparing him to Xhaka :dontknow:

............ annnnd, like I pointed out half our team is already making mistakes, we're not going to hold Guendouzi to higher standards that we already have to put up with, mistakes or not if he's still playing better than Xhaka (who also makes mistakes) then the fans won't turn on him, he'll be the better player regardless.

I think you're overestimating our fans impatience just because of recent events, they put up with Wenger for 5-10 years before they threatened to riot, Guendouzi will have plenty of leeway.

If it ever got to the point where that leeway ran out, that will be because he's played his way onto the bench, something I doubt he'll do and something Xhaka has already done a long time ago.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Re: Matteo Guendouzi

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:16 pm

FrustratedGooner wrote:
Mattéo Guendouzi Olié (born 14 April 1999) is the greatest ever footballer widely considered as football's messiah.Some may even consider him to be in the same bracket of high-calibre modern footballing legends such as Lor Bendtner and Danny Welbeast. He played a monumental part of the 'greatest ever midfield trio' with Lucas Torreirun with the ball till he dies and the Welsh Rambo.He was named in Pele's Top 100 players as his favourite quoting ' Guendouzi is by far the best footballer evr to touch a ball.I recognise him as the true GOAT.'

Lol who did it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt%C3%A9o_Guendouzi

How right this was
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby fredd1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:52 am

Thought overall he played well.Came deep to pick up the ball and tried to get us moving.Unfortunately when you have a keeper that can't pass 15 yards properly he got caught out a couple of times which really wasn't his fault
fredd1
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:37 am

He was at fault for the first goal. Great squad player at the moment but I wouldn't have him starting regularly yet. Still looked good and going to be a top player in the future imo.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:27 am

Not buying the hype yet, fault for first goal, lucky not to cost another, on the ball he looks competent but nothing special, has good attributes though, winning and shielding the ball and keeps things ticking, could be a top player
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Yes fault for the first goal, but the problem is that it doesn't look like we have anyone better to replace him.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Similar level to Elneny imo. Fact he's seven years younger is what makes him great!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football