Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:56 pm

Never seen a manager with so many issues with quality players, Saliba, Guendouzi, Martinelli, Ozil, Balogun, what makes it worse is the guy puts his whole support behind players like Mustafi and Xhaka.

Made me laugh that we offered Mustafi a contract because Arteta rated him and he turned us down, same thing is happening with Xhaka, players he supports fully wanting to leave this a king ship he’s sailing despite them because my part of the problem.

Even the players he backs week in week out don’t believe in this guy!

He’s the worst thing to happen to Arsenal since the Kroenkes bought us.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:56 am

Özim wrote:Never seen a manager with so many issues with quality players, Saliba, Guendouzi, Martinelli, Ozil, Balogun, what makes it worse is the guy puts his whole support behind players like Mustafi and Xhaka.

Made me laugh that we offered Mustafi a contract because Arteta rated him and he turned us down, same thing is happening with Xhaka, players he supports fully wanting to leave this a king ship he’s sailing despite them because my part of the problem.

Even the players he backs week in week out don’t believe in this guy!

He’s the worst thing to happen to Arsenal since the Kroenkes bought us.

The clown perhaps likes to surround himself with brown noses, the yes men he is a joke sooner he goes the better, HTF anybody can stick up for this clown amazes me.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Ach » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:57 am

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:45 pm

In two minds, one side you had a promising young player who we got on a decent deal and should've made 20m profit on but on the other side you've got a kid with a cunty attitude who couldn't do any self-reflection what so ever.

A shame but best of luck to him I guess.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:21 pm

Has he gone on loan or gone?
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:25 pm

Goonerred wrote:Has he gone on loan or gone?

Loan this season, with obligation to buy at the end.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:27 pm

aniym wrote:

Why didn't we just sell him now? No takers?
Goonerred

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:32 pm

aniym wrote:

I don’t think it is an obligation to buy, seems to be an option to buy.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11670/12349973/matteo-guendouzi-marseille-complete-loan-signing-of-midfielder-from-arsenal
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:35 pm

Goonerred wrote:
aniym wrote:

Why didn't we just sell him now? No takers?

Clubs take us for mugs, we don’t seem to be able to sell anyone and when we do it’s for peanuts. Meanwhile other teams sell average players like Brewster for 24 million.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:26 pm

Özim wrote:
aniym wrote:

I don’t think it is an obligation to buy, seems to be an option to buy.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11670/12349973/matteo-guendouzi-marseille-complete-loan-signing-of-midfielder-from-arsenal

Damn it. You just know they'll back out when it's time to pony up. I believed earlier reports saying it was an obligation.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:12 am

I really don’t understand our strategy. Why do we keep loaning out players and driving down their value? How is someone like el Neny better than Guendozi? Or for that matter Lokonga? I would understand if someone came in to buy Guendozi and Saliba at a decent price but what’s with the constant loans? This makes no sense.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:07 am

swipe right wrote:I really don’t understand our strategy. Why do we keep loaning out players and driving down their value? How is someone like el Neny better than Guendozi? Or for that matter Lokonga? I would understand if someone came in to buy Guendozi and Saliba at a decent price but what’s with the constant loans? This makes no sense.

I think Arteta values compliance and obedience more than talent. As a young coach he may struggle to get that balance right. I recall his praise for Elneny following introductions. He may have a issue handling players that are a bit more challenging.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:00 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:I really don’t understand our strategy. Why do we keep loaning out players and driving down their value? How is someone like el Neny better than Guendozi? Or for that matter Lokonga? I would understand if someone came in to buy Guendozi and Saliba at a decent price but what’s with the constant loans? This makes no sense.

I think Arteta values compliance and obedience more than talent. As a young coach he may struggle to get that balance right. I recall his praise for Elneny following introductions. He may have a issue handling players that are a bit more challenging.

Yah think?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:16 pm

Power n Glory wrote:

Arteta's problem is that nobody understands how he wants us to play, 1.5 seasons in. Bizarre formation changes and putting players out of position just makes things even more unpredictable. PEA, Laca, Tierney, Saka, Willian -- these are not midtable players, but they achieved midtable results.

Guendouzi and Arteta were never going to get along. But the irony is that Arteta is trying to fill the team with young players exactly like him....inexperienced blank slates who can be molded to pass sideways into infinity.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:20 am

Power n Glory wrote:

Indeed he does, compliant and obedient players don't tend to question how the club is being led, or where it is going.
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to World Football