Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:00 pm

Thought he did well today defensively
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby themessiah » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:11 pm

Don't like the kid. But had a very good game imo
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby island_gunner » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:45 pm

Possibly if not probably is going to get Banned for the end of game incident
Even for Arsenal this 2 game phase of injuries n suspensions is crazy
island_gunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby starmandb » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:28 pm

All for show and cameras. Typical of the petulance rather than toughness that has permeated through the club since wenger introduced his excuse culture. The guy had every right to go for that ball. I would expect our forward to do exactly the same were it us on the attack. Leno tried to stop handling the ball outside the box and landed awkwardly. It was an accident. Injurys are part and parcel of the game. I love a good go on the arsenal pile up when it's in defence of one of our players . It can really help Galvinise our club. This wasnt such a case. It was a pathetic display from a rudderless club that have no sense of discipline.
The mantra of know who you are and what you represent needs to be reinforced
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:33 pm

Angelito wrote:
gooney wrote:He is a kid. You can see a team of vieras and petits he gets moulded to a strong nasty player. But he is surrounded by bitches

Love him.

Raw player. Not quite there yet, but the man's got heart.

Needed his attitude in 07/08.

he's alright.

could use some beef on shoulders and arms...and maybe not flop down as easily...

i do like that he seems feisty
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:15 pm

starmandb wrote:All for show and cameras. Typical of the petulance rather than toughness that has permeated through the club since wenger introduced his excuse culture. The guy had every right to go for that ball. I would expect our forward to do exactly the same were it us on the attack. Leno tried to stop handling the ball outside the box and landed awkwardly. It was an accident. Injurys are part and parcel of the game. I love a good go on the arsenal pile up when it's in defence of one of our players . It can really help Galvinise our club. This wasnt such a case. It was a pathetic display from a rudderless club that have no sense of discipline.

Great post Starmandb
The last sentence sums up nice!!!!
I grew up watching a Arsenal TEAM, I dont know the last time we put an 11 on the feild that would go to war and battle for each other. We do not have 11 true PL performers in the entire squad the glaring gap between our players and PL quality can only be bridged by willingness to fight something we lack also.
Forget the looking for technical ability just get some one that can f***ing play and dont want to lose.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:25 pm

starmandb wrote:All for show and cameras. Typical of the petulance rather than toughness that has permeated through the club since wenger introduced his excuse culture. The guy had every right to go for that ball. I would expect our forward to do exactly the same were it us on the attack. Leno tried to stop handling the ball outside the box and landed awkwardly. It was an accident. Injurys are part and parcel of the game. I love a good go on the arsenal pile up when it's in defence of one of our players . It can really help Galvinise our club. This wasnt such a case. It was a pathetic display from a rudderless club that have no sense of discipline.

The ball was already with Leno before he was assaulted. He has no chance to get it and only did what he did to leave one on the keeper. We pay the consequences.

Nothing wrong with what Guendouzi did. Should've done it during the game though.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:29 pm

Ach wrote:

The ball was already with Leno before he was assaulted. He has no chance to get it and only did what he did to leave one on the keeper. We pay the consequences.

Nothing wrong with what Guendouzi did. Should've done it during the game though.

bullshit. i don't think anyone thinks Maupay intended to hurt Leno but jumping into him was absolutely needless. It's very similar to the situation that happened with Debuchy when he was pushed off the field and dislocated his shoulder.

We're a team of pansies and teams know they can come here and bully us. I liked Guendouzi's reaction but Ach is right, it should have been during the game. For the rest of the game players should have been hacking Maupay down at every opportunity. At half time in the tunnel surround him and intimidate him.

Can you imagine a team with Adams, Vieria , Keown etc. getting bullied like we do on a regular basis
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:19 am

elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:10 pm

No further action will be taken

Justice prevails
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:18 pm

All good then
3 points achieved
Shame there wasnt a bit of pizza about to throw
That really would have shown them
All good for the bantz though
I'm sure legendary status on fantv is assured
The day we stop worrying about shirts of hurt and guards of honour we might get into important stuff
Like winning football games
Oooh oooh
Hang on
I forgot about booing anybody that ever played for us
God it's hard to keep up with this modern fandom
Last edited by starmandb on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
starmandb

Postby Angelito » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:21 pm

starmandb wrote:ll good then
3 points achieved
Shame there wasnt a bit of pizza about to throw
That really would have shown them
All good for the bantz though
I'm sure legendary status on fantv is assured
The day we stop worrying about shirts of hurt and guards of honour we might get into important stuff
Like winning football games
Oooh oooh
Hang on
I forgot about booing anybody that ever played for us
God it's hard to keep up with this modern fandom

Say what sweety?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:52 am

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:50 am

Give the guy a raise at least he showed some fighting spirit more than the other pussies.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:43 am

alexafc12 wrote:
Ach wrote:

bullshit. i don't think anyone thinks Maupay intended to hurt Leno but jumping into him was absolutely needless. It's very similar to the situation that happened with Debuchy when he was pushed off the field and dislocated his shoulder.

We're a team of pansies and teams know they can come here and bully us. I liked Guendouzi's reaction but Ach is right, it should have been during the game. For the rest of the game players should have been hacking Maupay down at every opportunity. At half time in the tunnel surround him and intimidate him.

Can you imagine a team with Adams, Vieria , Keown etc. getting bullied like we do on a regular basis

I've said this for years.

Weak is the perfect word to sum up our team. In so many ways.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to World Football