Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Hertha BSC)

Postby Zenith » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:01 pm

According to TheAFCBell he's set to remain on loan with Hertha until the end of the season.

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:47 pm

He probably acted up because of the way AFC training assisstants and medical staff fawn over our players like groupies.

I've seen them do it especially when the games finish they're patting them on the back, hugging them and treating them like gods, its embarrassing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby BouncySean » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:37 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:He probably acted up because of the way AFC training assisstants and medical staff fawn over our players like groupies.

I've seen them do it especially when the games finish they're patting them on the back, hugging them and treating them like gods, its embarrassing.

Nonsense his previous clubs/managers have spoke about how he has an attitude problem.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gooney » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:44 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:He probably acted up because of the way AFC training assisstants and medical staff fawn over our players like groupies.

Maybe there would be something to it if he wasnt french
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:23 am

In summer he has one year left on his contract. Expect him gone for peanuts in summer. Another player whose value Don Mikel has destroyed.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:33 am

BouncySean wrote:

Nonsense his previous clubs/managers have spoke about how he has an attitude problem.

.............. why did we buy him then?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:11 am

You see my dear DG, when the dictator falls out of love with his players the clubs PR machinery has to slander them to make it seem like they are the problem. We are told that all of this was initiated by Guendozi telling Maupay where to stuff it. Imagine if we applied the same yardstick to Vieira’s behavior.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:27 am

swipe right wrote:You see my dear DG, when the dictator falls out of love with his players the clubs PR machinery has to slander them to make it seem like they are the problem. We are told that all of this was initiated by Guendozi telling Maupay where to stuff it. Imagine if we applied the same yardstick to Vieira’s behavior.

I thought it started in Dubai and the Maupay incident was the last straw?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:25 am

LMAO wrote:
swipe right wrote:You see my dear DG, when the dictator falls out of love with his players the clubs PR machinery has to slander them to make it seem like they are the problem. We are told that all of this was initiated by Guendozi telling Maupay where to stuff it. Imagine if we applied the same yardstick to Vieira’s behavior.

I thought it started in Dubai and the Maupay incident was the last straw?

He took his shirt off and danced in Dubai appaz. Had this been in Rio, nobody would have batted an eyelid.

Bad behavior? Absolutely. Idiotic, yep. But it's not surprising for a stimulated teenager who's set for life to act like a buffoon. It's a teenage thing.

Just fine him for every misdemeanor. It wasn't even a big deal in the media before that Brighton incident. After that, everything blew up. The FA didn't bother slapping a fine or a suspension either. All of a sudden, news about his horrible attitude started pouring in after Brighton.

If there's anything we've been masterful at, lately, it's our foolproof PR mechanism.

Mind you, I'm not defending his behavior. He might be an absolute dumbass for all we know. I just don't trust the club's narrative or the people running things at Arsenal these days. It's a tad cronyistic. Not exactly. But somewhere there.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:27 am

you cant take your shirt off in dubai, despite the 2 billion degrees celsius?
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:21 pm

Dejan wrote:you cant take your shirt off in dubai, despite the 2 billion degrees celsius?

LOOOOL

I'd like to know more about this Dubai indescretion, what were the circumstances ? Sounds to me like a whole lot of nothing. He took his shirt off. Was he in a mosque at the time ? Was he on a pitch training ? Was he at a black tie event ? Who cares anyway :dontknow:

Yes I see the contradiction of asking for the circumstances then saying I don't care.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:30 pm

The Dubai thing is irrelevant. He was playing after that.

Then he sticks up for Leno v Brighton and is banished cos how dare he defends a mate.

He's doing really well in Germany and they are delighted with him. This is what happens when you are away from a God awful manager
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:34 pm

It was a formal, charitable event for children I think. I'm not sure.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:03 pm

He's doing so well that Hertha Berlin don't want to sign him.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:40 pm

Dejan wrote:you cant take your shirt off in dubai, despite the 2 billion degrees celsius?

I don't know about Dubai but its not a problem in Bahrain.

I went to the beach resort, all the lads had their tops off, girls in bikini's just like everywhere else.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football