Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (29)

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:00 pm

Santi wrote:
Losmeister wrote:see above .......doesnt have even 1/10th the talent keane and rooney had... ffs... that was idiotic

The only idiotic one is you thinking that the skill level was the point. He's at a completely different stage of his career and has even more chance to be moulded rather than just dumped because Arteta can't handle him.

Thanks for your really useful reply though. Nice dots.

cos Doozi is really a keane/rooney/tevez in the making.

the likelihood of that is infinitessimal.

more likely a Wilshere. showed some promise then never developed. (the former perhaps from repeated injury on top of his outsized ego)
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:07 pm

None of us no why he has been left out the squad, have to trust arteta he is in the camp everyday.

We doing fine without him anywaym
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Jedi » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:37 pm

He's gone
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:34 pm

Jedi wrote:
He's gone

thanks for posting.

hmm.

makes me think he may have told Arteta to f**k off or some such...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StockGooner » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:48 pm

Disappointing

If you could channel his personality traits then it could go well at the club. If this means we got a Partey in response, then I'm ok with it, but would be a shame to lose a promising youngster
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:07 pm

oh,here's the full article...

y James McNicholas and David Ornstein 1h ago 36
Matteo Guendouzi has not trained with the Arsenal first team since their defeat at Brighton more than two weeks ago. The Athletic has learned that Mikel Arteta has instructed Guendouzi to train alone with a fitness coach, after encountering problems with the player’s attitude and general conduct.

The Frenchman attracted headlines after his post-match spat with Brighton striker Neal Maupay. Although he escaped punishment from the FA, it has been a different matter internally. Guendouzi was called to a meeting with Arteta and technical director Edu in the aftermath of the Brighton game but didn’t impress. Arteta’s decision to exclude Guendouzi is understood to be based on more than just this incident, which is seen as the latest in a series of indiscretions.

After all, this is not the first time Guendouzi has been the subject of disciplinary action by Arteta — during the warm weather training trip to Dubai in February, for example, Guendouzi’s behaviour led to him being excluded from the first-team squad for the subsequent Premier League match against Newcastle United. He was, however, back in the starting line-up for the next game against Everton.

This time around, however, Guendouzi has already been absent for four games. Arteta is understood to be disappointed that the player has not taken the initiative to apologise or shown a willingness to change. While there is admiration for his talent among Arteta’s coaching staff, some at Arsenal feel he has already been afforded enough chances. Arsenal have also explored the possibility of using him in a swap deal in the forthcoming transfer window. The club are due to meet with Guendouzi’s representatives in the coming days to discuss the situation.

Guendouzi encountered similar problems at Lorient, where a dressing-room argument saw him excluded from the first team for more than three months. Arsenal were aware of his fiery character when they signed him from the French club, but were optimistic that careful management could curb his indiscipline.

Since taking charge of the club in December, Arteta has been absolutely clear on the “non-negotiables” he expects from his players — and quick to clamp down on those who deem themselves exempt. Last month, a couple of first-team players decided against attending a club conference call to discuss the practicalities of Project Restart. An uncompromising WhatsApp voice note made Arteta’s disapproval abundantly clear.

Arteta reiterated the characteristics he is looking for in his players before the victory over Wolves. “I want players that respect the values that we want to implement, that are 100 per cent committed to our culture and players that are accountable every day for what we demand from them,” said Arteta. “Players that are ready to help each other, fight for each other and enjoy playing together. If you behave like this every day, you are very, very welcome here and we want to get the best out of you and help you to enjoy your profession with us.”
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:35 pm

won;t haveto look at this weird pose anymore, i guess
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:43 pm

I hope it is a case of Guen being unmanageable rather than Arteta being overly obsessed with creating a culture where no one dares to step out of line / challenge him.

It's a shame we don't have a proper leader in the squad to keep him on the right track. If we can get £25m for him that money that would be alright
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:31 am

Losmeister wrote:so far... he's a midtable player... goes down all the damn time and the slightest breeze... not fast....

i think he may come deent but needs to whipped into shape... if he wont listen to the coach, f**k him
Yes. This is the key. Someone needs to communicate this to him past his gigantic ego. Its hard with how that generation of millennials are these days.

I think it's too late for him here.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:39 am

Damn, looks like it was more serious than just the Maupay incident. It'll be weird if we sell both him and Torreira this window.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:46 am

aniym wrote:Damn, looks like it was more serious than just the Maupay incident. It'll be weird if we sell both him and Torreira this window.

It will be awesome. They are both technically weak hoofers.
Last edited by swipe right on Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:19 am

100% behind Arteta on this, I hope this applies to his most expensive player to whom i have never fight for his team mates.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:49 am

If we had a strong captain perhaps he could have sorted him out, he has potential if he cuts out the blathering.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Santi » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:23 am

VCC wrote:100% behind Arteta on this, I hope this applies to his most expensive player to whom i have never fight for his team mates.

But the logic doesn't make sense. Clearly he wants to be here, he's probably the most passionate about the club and clearly always fights to stick up for his team.

Just seems like a young kid with a bit of an ego problem, but only in the respect he makes jokes behind Arteta's back and has a bit more fun than the manager wants him to. Just reeks of Arteta trying to stamp his authority more than anything to me.

Disappointing.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:23 am

Just straight swap for Partey?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to World Football