Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mattéo Guendouzi (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:25 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
No but let's talk about the logic behind your statement. If no other big club is queueing up to buy a player, does that equal a bad player?

Like I said, most retarded comment of 2022. If Phil wants to join that list, so be it.

It's so inconsistent.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:31 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
No but let's talk about the logic behind your statement. If no other big club is queueing up to buy a player, does that equal a bad player?

Like I said, most retarded comment of 2022. If Phil wants to join that list, so be it.

The only naughty list around is one you are on HH.
Its the 'everything is Arteta's fault and nothing good is to his credit' list.
TBH, that is where the retardation is.

I don't think Saliba or Guendouzi are viewed as bad players. They just are not as good as what we already have and at this time they are trying to get better so they have a shot at playing for the biggest clubs.
The reason you are being called out is that you - amongst others - are trying to make out they are somehow already stars and top players that should be starting for us. They are not. Will they be in the future? :dontknow:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:42 pm

Reiss wrote:Is Lokonga better than Matteo?

He must be, he cost 3x as much. Belgian league proven.

Arteta knows
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:42 pm

Neither are capable of protecting the back four with esr and odegaard in front of them.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:01 pm

Reiss wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:

He must be, he cost 3x as much. Belgian league proven.

Arteta knows

Lokonga was Anderlecht captain.

Don't ask me how.

That means he's ready for a tougher challenge, like Ligue 1. After he puts in his dues there for a couple of years, he might be ready for the PL.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goonerz » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:32 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I said when we had him before that he was the type of lad I'd like in the trenches with me as he has a lot of fight.

Unfortunately it turns out that it's not just the enemy that he wants to fight.

Surely, it's the club's manager and people around him to develop that side of him so that he can reach his potential. Ostracising a young kid with a bit of attitude is not the way to go in my opinion.

That’s always been BS.
Good managers get rid of problem players with bad attitudes, they don’t ‘fix’ them.
These are not children.

We seem to have a generation of young people who think it’s someone else’s responsibility to make them successful and someone else’s accountability for all their f**k ups.

Guendouzi got tossed out of the PL because he had a shitty attitude and didn’t have the ability to make him indispensable. It was no one else’s fault but his own.
It remains to be seen whether he can grow up and improve to the level he can actually play for a top PL club. The evidence of this season in a lower league suggests he is destined to have an average career in football.

I don't agree, many of them come from low income backgrounds and start making a lot of money, they do need some guidance No, they're not kids but they are plunged into an alien world, if they can't change after they get help then kick them out. I'm not sure that he did anything worse than others.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

There's a huge difference between making mistakes & being sometimes ill-disciplined on the pitch, versus being ill-disciplined to a degree whereby your are fighting with team mates in training and openly disrespecting / disobeying the manager - which is what this boy was apparently doing.

Slinging the captain's armband on the ground and telling fans to eff off is not bad enough for you?

Why do you think Xhaka told our pompous fans to Eff Off?
Put the whole thing into context instead of just letting your bias cloud your objectivity.

It doesn't matter what Xhaka was told by our pompous fans, Players get told all kinds of filth throughout the game and especially when they go to take corners. Suck it up snowflake, take your money and get on with the game ! Its called being a professional

Who is the snowflake in all this? Xhaka or our pompous fans that got so emotional and sensitive because xhaka for once stood up to our snowflake entitled fans.
Very opinionated and entitled fans that love giving it the big mouth but when someone pushes back they get all snowflakey because their little feelings were hurt.

I was so happy when Xhaka told our mouthy fans to Eff Off. They deserved it. They were harassing the guy and his family at the stadium, on his social media and mainstream media. The guy just exploded..
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:38 pm

Goonerz wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I said when we had him before that he was the type of lad I'd like in the trenches with me as he has a lot of fight.

Surely, it's the club's manager and people around him to develop that side of him so that he can reach his potential. Ostracising a young kid with a bit of attitude is not the way to go in my opinion.

That’s always been BS.
Good managers get rid of problem players with bad attitudes, they don’t ‘fix’ them.
These are not children.

We seem to have a generation of young people who think it’s someone else’s responsibility to make them successful and someone else’s accountability for all their f**k ups.

Guendouzi got tossed out of the PL because he had a shitty attitude and didn’t have the ability to make him indispensable. It was no one else’s fault but his own.
It remains to be seen whether he can grow up and improve to the level he can actually play for a top PL club. The evidence of this season in a lower league suggests he is destined to have an average career in football.

I don't agree, many of them come from low income backgrounds and start making a lot of money, they do need some guidance No, they're not kids but they are plunged into an alien world, if they can't change after they get help then kick them out. I'm not sure that he did anything worse than others.

What others?

Xhaka for a start.

There's a huge difference between making mistakes & being sometimes ill-disciplined on the pitch, versus being ill-disciplined to a degree whereby your are fighting with team mates in training and openly disrespecting / disobeying the manager - which is what this boy was apparently doing.

Slinging the captain's armband on the ground and telling fans to eff off is not bad enough for you?

Why do you think Xhaka told our pompous fans to Eff Off?
Put the whole thing into context instead of just letting your bias cloud your objectivity.

It doesn't matter what Xhaka was told by our pompous fans, Players get told all kinds of filth throughout the game and especially when they go to take corners. Suck it up snowflake, take your money and get on with the game ! Its called being a professional

Who is the snowflake in all this? Xhaka or our pompous fans that got so emotional and sensitive because xhaka for once stood up to our snowflake entitled fans.
Very opinionated and entitled fans that love giving it the big mouth but when someone pushes back they get all snowflakey because their little feelings were hurt.

I was so happy when Xhaka told our mouthy fans to Eff Off. They deserved it. They were harassing the guy and his family at the stadium, on his social media and mainstream media. The guy just exploded..

Fair point.
We do have a small percentage of really shitty fans.
It's not just Xhaka - we have had our new signings this year literally abused on social media before they even played a game.

My problem with Xhaka is not telling the fans to STFU... some REALLY deserve that.
My problem with him are his errors that are all too regular.
Shame, because he's a very good player that ruins his game with those mental lapses.

Guendouzi is a different beast - also prone to error but he's the kind os shithead that gives opponents an extra yard of pace. We've all played against that type - the total tool on the opposition that you want to smash.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Goonerz » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:54 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

What is this?
I myself was one of Guendouzi’s biggest cheerleaders when he first got here. But that excitement slowly started to wear by the season due to his recklessness, hotheadedness and lack of progress as a talent. I felt like he had stagnated as a talent and may be needed a loan move away.

The manager is not here to baby sit poor attitude and bad mannered primadonnas.
I am not Arteta’s biggest fan but what I rate about him is his ruthlessness while dealing with these entitled, overrated, overpaid and overpampered primadonnas of ours.. I really rate this attribute of his together with his ability’ to spot, acknowledge and address the weak areas in our team. He seems to always be able to notice positions needing strengthening, goes out and tries to signs those players. These 2 traits are very endearing for me. That’s why I keep saying that he would make a very competent Assistant manager or Director Of Football.

Back on the Guendouzi over hype train. Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Lokonga, Tomiyasu, Ramsdale, Tierney, Tavares etc are all between the ages of 19 years to 25 years old, the same age bracket as Guendouzi. But why can they all try being humble, mature and professional while bGuendouzi has to be baby sat? Arsenal or the manager is not here to baby sit poor attitude and bad mannered egotistical squad players. We have more pressing issues that need to be addressed as a club. Wasting time on average bad attitude players should not be an option. We hope for a sense of peace, calm, stability and harmony in the dressing room and at the club nowadays. Whichever player that does not want to buy into this can go find another club that suits their ego, mentality, attitude and needs.

If guendouzi was at the level of young Fabregas, Diaby, Wilshere etc then I would maybe try to bend over backwards to accommodate. Even then I would not accommodate such nonsense and lack of humility from any of them.

I have had enough of such players who seem to think everything should revolve around their precious egos. If Guendouzi is still egotistical and entitled then I hope Arteta will send him away again next season, only if Arteta himself can keep his job for next season.

Can you give us a link showing Arteta babysitting Guendozi. Thanks

But i replied to a person saying that a manager should be able to bend over backwards just accommodate a a an average looking talent that seems to have such a high opinion of themself. Has achieved nothing so far in his career but the ego seems to be over the top.
Do you know how many young kids would give anything just to be afforded an opportunity to play at a club like Arsenal?

Checkout the likes of Saka, Martinelli, ESR etc, same age brackets but I am yet to hear any rumours about them using their immaturity as an excuse to continually make news.

Again, arteta is not here to babysit anyone, he is here to do his job, he has his own job and career to worry about. If he does not get results he gets sacked.

He clearly is not an average football when he was bought for £7m and his value went up to £35m in 12 months. He got a France call up on the strength of his Arsenal performances, into a team capable of winning World Cups ! He has gone on to star for Marseille.

If thats average then you don't have a freekin clue about football.

Hahaha. His value went up to £35 million.
We sold Iwobi for £36 million
Xhaka’s value was £35 million when we bought him.
Mustafi’s value was £35 million.
Pepe’s value was £70 million.
Partey for £45 million
Willock valued at £20 million when he didn’t cost us anything.
AMN was valued at about £25 million last season.
We bought Ben White for £50 million.
City bought Jack Grealish for £100 million.
Chelsea bought Lukaku for £90 million
Etc..

If we are to go by “This player was or is valued at this sum” so that means they are world class or Average then I feel sorry for those that go by such juvenile logic.

We bought Cazorla for £16 million vs Pepe for £70 million. With such juvenile logic it’s safe to say that Cazorla was an average player while Pepe is a world class beater.

Nowadays transfer fees are a joke, they are over inflated. Average players now go for £30- £100 million. Player value today is not the stat you want to present as a gauge for talent.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:04 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

What is this?
I myself was one of Guendouzi’s biggest cheerleaders when he first got here. But that excitement slowly started to wear by the season due to his recklessness, hotheadedness and lack of progress as a talent. I felt like he had stagnated as a talent and may be needed a loan move away.

The manager is not here to baby sit poor attitude and bad mannered primadonnas.
I am not Arteta’s biggest fan but what I rate about him is his ruthlessness while dealing with these entitled, overrated, overpaid and overpampered primadonnas of ours.. I really rate this attribute of his together with his ability’ to spot, acknowledge and address the weak areas in our team. He seems to always be able to notice positions needing strengthening, goes out and tries to signs those players. These 2 traits are very endearing for me. That’s why I keep saying that he would make a very competent Assistant manager or Director Of Football.

Back on the Guendouzi over hype train. Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Lokonga, Tomiyasu, Ramsdale, Tierney, Tavares etc are all between the ages of 19 years to 25 years old, the same age bracket as Guendouzi. But why can they all try being humble, mature and professional while bGuendouzi has to be baby sat? Arsenal or the manager is not here to baby sit poor attitude and bad mannered egotistical squad players. We have more pressing issues that need to be addressed as a club. Wasting time on average bad attitude players should not be an option. We hope for a sense of peace, calm, stability and harmony in the dressing room and at the club nowadays. Whichever player that does not want to buy into this can go find another club that suits their ego, mentality, attitude and needs.

If guendouzi was at the level of young Fabregas, Diaby, Wilshere etc then I would maybe try to bend over backwards to accommodate. Even then I would not accommodate such nonsense and lack of humility from any of them.

I have had enough of such players who seem to think everything should revolve around their precious egos. If Guendouzi is still egotistical and entitled then I hope Arteta will send him away again next season, only if Arteta himself can keep his job for next season.

Your post assumes the entire world is a a utopic oasis of "same-dom". We are all different, we all have different characters, as a manager I can't treat my staff the same because some react better to certain things than others. As a manager it is my job to get the best out of my staff. Some need a little more hand-holding than others, so long as they don't monopolise my time I am cool with that if it means they get the job done.

Guendouzi is a maverick, there have been plenty of mavericks in football, plenty of the best players in the history of the game have been mavericks ! I don't want to see vanilla players everywhere, mavericks get you excited because they do the unexpected.

Guendouzi is a very good player, young enough and good enough for Arteta if he had any f***ing skill as a manager of people to nurure and get the best out of him. The fact that he shipped him out and he is flourishing elsewhere is all the proof you need.

Unless of course people have their tongue stuck down Arteta's pants then I can see why they cannot see this simple bit of common sense.

Not company is going to stand by a poorly mannered employee who is an average worker to start with. Guendouzi is not in the RVP category or Zlatan category.
Balotelli, Ricardo Quaresma etc are an example of bad attitude. No one will be able to fix you, you have to acknowledge your own flaws and try to straighten them up or your career will become a circus.
Gone are the days where managers were afforded time to over indulge with nonsense players. Those days are gone, we as fans have become very “I want success yesterday or right now”. Managers now last less than a season before they are sacked. So what manager today is going to overindulge with a nobody egotistical player just because some fans want that? Managers are looking for quick solutions that can help them keep their own jobs, they ain’t got the time and patience to overindulge with primadonna players.

Have you ever been a manager of any given department at any big company? The enormous pressure the higher ups put on you to hit the proposed targets. But then you have problem employees that turn up late, try to undermine your authority, poor attitude, don’t hit their targets etc. What do you do?

We have had quite a few of such characters at Arsenal in the last two seasons, don’t need to list names..
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:25 pm

RVP had behaviour issues when younger and we passed up on the opportunity to sign Zlatan when we had him here on trial because of his attitude.

Guendouzi's chapter isn't over. He's still young and it sounds as if he's doing well in France. There are plenty of misfits in football that make it. As said before, we have seen plenty of misfit players at Arsenal that have gone on to be legends. It's too early to write off his career.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:30 pm

He has talent, hopefully he can be reintroduced into.the squad
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:37 pm

Power n Glory wrote:RVP had behaviour issues when younger and we passed up on the opportunity to sign Zlatan when we had him here on trial because of his attitude.

Guendouzi's chapter isn't over. He's still young and it sounds as if he's doing well in France. There are plenty of misfits in football that make it. As said before, we have seen plenty of misfit players at Arsenal that have gone on to be legends. It's too early to write off his career.

For a player of the talent of RVP you bend over backwards to try and sort it out.
For a player like Guendouzi, you say goodbye.
That's life.
Don't compare the two players.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:42 pm

Power n Glory wrote:RVP had behaviour issues when younger and we passed up on the opportunity to sign Zlatan when we had him here on trial because of his attitude.

Depends on the manager. If Arteta was the manager of rvp during his younger days, rvp would've been shipped out. He can't handle players like that.

Guendouzi has done well in France on loan in a position we are extremely short in in numbers and quality. Makes sense to bring him back but doing the sensible thing isn't Arteta strong point
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:15 pm

Ach wrote:

Depends on the manager. If Arteta was the manager of rvp during his younger days, rvp would've been shipped out. He can't handle players like that.

Guendouzi has done well in France on loan in a position we are extremely short in in numbers and quality. Makes sense to bring him back but doing the sensible thing isn't Arteta strong point

Adams, Wright, Merson....plenty of players we could have slammed the door on. Nobody has a crystal ball and as said, it sounds like Guendouzi has settled well in France. We are definitely short in quality and numbers. That was on display again last night, so I hope there is a way back for Guendouzi. He's still an Arsenal player at the end of the day.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:26 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:He has talent, hopefully he can be reintroduced into.the squad

Same. We'll also lose Elneny this summer if he doesn't sign a new deal. We'll need more back up. But even without the fractured relationship between Arteta and Guendouzi, I always think it's difficult to convince a player to come back to the bench after playing regualr football. Especially if Marseille make it into the Champs League.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to World Football