Bukayo Saka (77)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby mel4 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:02 pm

Maybe too early but Saka>>>Reiss.
Reiss is all hype no substance


........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby VCC » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:46 pm

Hope this lad keeps churning out performances and shines like a diamond looking a great talent at this stage
User avatar
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby Zenith » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:24 pm

Allegedly, Bukayo is set to be rewarded for his impressive performances with a new, long-term contract.

Negotiations are thought to have reached advanced stages and an announcement is expected within the next days/weeks.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31825
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby Tony Adams » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:27 pm

I really like him at LB. More impressed with him than tierney and kolasinac tbh.
Image
User avatar
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35638
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:15 pm

For the goal we conceded, he lost the ball trying to play a one two and over committed on the run forward but made a half hearted attempt to track back on defence. He should be spoken to about that because it cost us. No excuse for not tracking his man or attempting to win the ball back.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2905
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby Santi » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:10 pm

Power n Glory wrote:For the goal we conceded, he lost the ball trying to play a one two and over committed on the run forward but made a half hearted attempt to track back on defence. He should be spoken to about that because it cost us. No excuse for not tracking his man or attempting to win the ball back.


Agree but when that happens people should be covering for him, that’s what a good team does. Unfortunately we had Xhaka.
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 34425
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby Sims » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:16 pm

Xhaka was supposed to transition as a 3rd CB when we lose the ball so Saka’s zone is covered too
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 30355
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:18 pm

Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:For the goal we conceded, he lost the ball trying to play a one two and over committed on the run forward but made a half hearted attempt to track back on defence. He should be spoken to about that because it cost us. No excuse for not tracking his man or attempting to win the ball back.


Agree but when that happens people should be covering for him, that’s what a good team does. Unfortunately we had Xhaka.


Xhaka was poor again but that doesn't excuse Saka and this isn't the first time I've seen him jogging back with no real intent to win the ball back.

He could have easily went in to tackle the ball carrier. The same intensity he uses to get forward should be the same when he's tracking back to defend.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2905
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby Rerktyne » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:40 am

He must learn to use his right foot when necessary! I'm talking about the simple things not 35m free kicks FFS!
Rerktyne
Michael Thomas
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby Rerktyne » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:42 am

If we get Moussa Dembele then we will have MoussSaka: well known Greek dish!
Rerktyne
Michael Thomas
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:58 am

Sims wrote:Xhaka was supposed to transition as a 3rd CB when we lose the ball so Saka’s zone is covered too


Xhaka was covering as a 3rd CB but he had 3 players to worry about. The ball carrier, someone making run to his inside and another making the ring to his outside. Watch the goal again around the 49 second mark.

https://youtu.be/03dNDsxeflk

Saka had an opportunity to track the runner that made the overlapping run and made the assist or attempt to make a tackle but instead he stops running as he approaches the box and ends up marking nobody.

Xhaka should have attempted to make a tackle earlier instead of backing off but that doesn't excuse that lazy run from Saka.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2905
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby KG3 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:29 pm

He could have a real future as a LB if he wants to be just like Bellerin made the move from RW to RB, even if Kolasinac leaves I'd be happy with Tierney and Saka as the options for LB I don't think we need bring anyone in.
User avatar
KG3
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3551
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:07 am

Surely this guy gets moved to the first team section now? He’s practically a regular.
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 34425
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby LMAO » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:09 am

Man is about to do a reverse Bale.
Image
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 7612
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Bukayo Saka

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:38 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:For the goal we conceded, he lost the ball trying to play a one two and over committed on the run forward but made a half hearted attempt to track back on defence. He should be spoken to about that because it cost us. No excuse for not tracking his man or attempting to win the ball back.


Agree but when that happens people should be covering for him, that’s what a good team does. Unfortunately we had Xhaka.


Xhaka was poor again but that doesn't excuse Saka and this isn't the first time I've seen him jogging back with no real intent to win the ball back.

He could have easily went in to tackle the ball carrier. The same intensity he uses to get forward should be the same when he's tracking back to defend.


The dude was solid at CB.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexis, BexleyGooner, DiamondGooner, elkanofan, rewb1, Zenith, Özim and 15 guests