Bukayo Saka (7)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Bukayo Saka (7)

Postby ESR10 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:05 pm

That pass for the second goal .. not many players can do that
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby NovaGB » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:06 pm

This kids vision and work rate is so good he could make a great 8 in front of 2 dms.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ESR10 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:07 pm

NovaGB wrote:This kids vision and work rate is so good he could make a great 8 in front of 2 dms.

I see him there as well, when we play 4-3-3
ESR10

Postby NovaGB » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:24 pm

Mustafi wrote:
NovaGB wrote:This kids vision and work rate is so good he could make a great 8 in front of 2 dms.

I see him there as well, when we play 4-3-3

Pack some muscle on him, could be Nainggolan like
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Callum » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:02 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Callum wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Wasted loads of earlier chances to assist though.

that was the only one he got right, glad he came through at the end but needs to improve the consistency of his final balls.

I was getting frustrated watching him pan them all until the final through ball to Ceb.

We mustn't forget how young he is, and that he's still producing moments of quality. He'll only get better.

THis is nothing to do w/ Saka in particular. But... this notion constantly occurs..." young player WILL improve" as if it's pre-ordained.

It's not, many do not.

Iwobi? Wilshere? Walcott? ANd thats jyst off the top of my head and only THIS club....

Guys like MUnir and Delofeu from Barca La Masia... et cet....

"He'll only get better" is a myth. SOME do, most don't.

Walcott did get better, he just didn't reach the heights many people expected him too. Wilshere ruined by injuries. Iwobi may not have nailed down a start for us but he played well enough to justify Everton dropping a huge fee on him.

Saka has shown things at an early age that most young players don't possess, and has made an incredible impact. Yes, he could get injured or have some crazy drop in form, but with what we've seen so far + his attitude I find that to be unlikely. My point simply was that we shouldn't forget how young he is and judge him as we would someone who's five years older.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:09 pm

Walcotts biggest burden was that he was similar looking to Henry, fast paced and wore the 14 shirt and dubbed at Southampton as the new TH14, so i'm not surprised he flopped, it made matters worse with the picking for the world cup and all the media hype behind him, he was at times very dangerous though, at his peak he was the fastest player in the world, he just was not what we assumed he was going to be.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:30 am

Callum wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
Callum wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Wasted loads of earlier chances to assist though.

that was the only one he got right, glad he came through at the end but needs to improve the consistency of his final balls.

I was getting frustrated watching him pan them all until the final through ball to Ceb.

We mustn't forget how young he is, and that he's still producing moments of quality. He'll only get better.

THis is nothing to do w/ Saka in particular. But... this notion constantly occurs..." young player WILL improve" as if it's pre-ordained.

It's not, many do not.

Iwobi? Wilshere? Walcott? ANd thats jyst off the top of my head and only THIS club....

Guys like MUnir and Delofeu from Barca La Masia... et cet....

"He'll only get better" is a myth. SOME do, most don't.

Walcott did get better, he just didn't reach the heights many people expected him too. Wilshere ruined by injuries. Iwobi may not have nailed down a start for us but he played well enough to justify Everton dropping a huge fee on him.

Saka has shown things at an early age that most young players don't possess, and has made an incredible impact. Yes, he could get injured or have some crazy drop in form, but with what we've seen so far + his attitude I find that to be unlikely. My point simply was that we shouldn't forget how young he is and judge him as we would someone who's five years older.

Like I said mypoint was not so much about theplayer, butthe premise. "he WILL get better." many dont.

I like Saka. I think he's good. Thatbeing said, today was going poorly for him, then he pulled out a moment of quality that helped us to get the 3 full pts.
Full props for that.
If he is not having a good performance at any given time... that happens... and its no crime to describe it as such...

doesnt mean I want him gone like Xhaka the Mule :-)
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:53 am

Thank god AW isn't still here to murder him, I honestly think the Academy with Arteta in charge will be our biggest asset,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LMAO » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:50 am

Two hockey assists today.

Saka still isn't the finished product, but I'm excited to see how his career progresses. Glad he extended his contract with Arsenal.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby themessiah » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:59 pm

NovaGB wrote:Walcotts biggest burden was that he was similar looking to Henry, fast paced and wore the 14 shirt and dubbed at Southampton as the new TH14, so i'm not surprised he flopped, it made matters worse with the picking for the world cup and all the media hype behind him, he was at times very dangerous though, at his peak he was the fastest player in the world, he just was not what we assumed he was going to be.

I always feel kinda bad for Theo because he never got to play in a World Cup. Picked for 2006 at 16 but didn't play, wasn't picked in 2010, was injured in 2014, and wasn't picked in 2018.

Tbf to Theo Man has better goals/assists stats than some of our'legends' in lesser amount of games.

The guy guy scored 100 goals for Arsenal and laid over 80 assists.

C'mon now dawg. C'mon mane.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:00 pm

Theo is a perfect symbol of Arsenal since 2006. Threaten to be great but always end up just short, whilst still doing just about enough to be deemed 'good'.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:03 pm

Back to Saka the pre assists were both class
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Godlop » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:14 pm

RW is his worst position and he still plays better than Willian/Pepe.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:02 pm

Is he injured?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:02 pm