Bukayo Saka (7)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Bukayo Saka (7)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:27 am

thebigbangtheo wrote:For me, the best thing about saka's goal was not the guile on display from Odegaard with his perfectly measured back heeled one-two, but the instinct and reading of the play around him by Aubameyang in that half a second so as not to interfere with the move by greedily looking to get the strike for himself. Fluent, off the cuff team play involving 3 forward players... please sir, may we have some more?

3 players fully focused, confident, executing perfectly and making the right decisions.
It was great to see.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:34 am

Saka is very good at linking up with players. He shows that regularly with tierney, Auba and now Odegard. I’d love to see us find a way to include ESR as well cause I’m sure he’ll connect with him too.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:16 am

The thing that sets Saka apart from most players is his intent, when he receives the ball on a half turn, he just goes straight for the jugular, almost every time he got the ball he wanted to break forward, I love that about him, he makes things happen and gets you off your seat.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:22 am

theHotHead wrote:The thing that sets Saka apart from most players is his intent, when he receives the ball on a half turn, he just goes straight for the jugular, almost every time he got the ball he wanted to break forward, I love that about him, he makes things happen and gets you off your seat.

Just like The Wilsh once did.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goonerz » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:42 pm

swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:The thing that sets Saka apart from most players is his intent, when he receives the ball on a half turn, he just goes straight for the jugular, almost every time he got the ball he wanted to break forward, I love that about him, he makes things happen and gets you off your seat.

Just like The Wilsh once did.

What could have been with Wilshere.
Unlucky that he turned out to be so injury prone. But man I just enjoyed watching him play when fully fit.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:33 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:For me, the best thing about saka's goal was not the guile on display from Odegaard with his perfectly measured back heeled one-two or indeed saka's composure in finishing the move, but instead the instinct and reading of play around him by Aubameyang in that half a second so as not to interfere with the move by greedily looking to get the strike for himself. Fluent, off the cuff team play involving 3 forward players... please sir, may we have some more?

Yep, Auba was every observant the whole game, always looking for where the ball was going. Positioned himself perfectly for the rebound goal, then stayed out of the way of Odegaard's pass because he knew Saka was making a run behind.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:20 pm

aniym wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:For me, the best thing about saka's goal was not the guile on display from Odegaard with his perfectly measured back heeled one-two or indeed saka's composure in finishing the move, but instead the instinct and reading of play around him by Aubameyang in that half a second so as not to interfere with the move by greedily looking to get the strike for himself. Fluent, off the cuff team play involving 3 forward players... please sir, may we have some more?

Yep, Auba was every observant the whole game, always looking for where the ball was going. Positioned himself perfectly for the rebound goal, then stayed out of the way of Odegaard's pass because he knew Saka was making a run behind.

Spot on sir. Your description of Aubameyang's actions are much better than mine. A point I failed to refer to as well was Auba's movement within the play for the possibility of Saka's shot being saved and rebounding out as per the first goal.

I don't know if you have ever seen the modern day classic film 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' (circa 1950's & 1980's), but just watching everything about the Gabonese last night was comparable although in reverse, because for as much as that appeared to be Auba playing for us last season, I don't know who the f**k that was incomparison to the real Auba we know and love.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zenith » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:59 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Rockape » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:50 pm

Here’s a question, if we put Saka on the market in the next transfer window, what do you think we’d get for him?
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:52 pm

Arsenal? 50m

Any other club? 80m
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:39 pm

Yeah was thinking 75-80m, but as you say we wouldn’t get that!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby BexleyGooner » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:53 pm

Looks twice the player in an England shirt
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:38 pm

Rockape wrote:Here’s a question, if we put Saka on the market in the next transfer window, what do you think we’d get for him?

150m if Grealish is worth 100m
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Hypergooner » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:55 pm

Easily worth £100m but we'd probably get £50m as we are useless at selling players
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby VCC » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:46 pm

Hypergooner wrote:Easily worth £100m but we'd probably get £50m as we are useless at selling players

We would get 50m because everyone knows Arsenal are desperate,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk