Bukayo Saka (7)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Bukayo Saka (7)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:30 am

Looks like he is struggling to be fit for tomorrow after the assault on Monday.
Hopefully, he can make it.
If he does I really want to see him back on the right side.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:17 am

He’s been poor recently, could probably use the rest. We’ve got other options so not a big deal.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:46 am

Time to give Martinelli a go but tomorrow I suspect we will see Aubameyang on the left with Lacazette starting. I would prefer we played two strikers up front if playing both.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:30 pm

Plenty of options in his position. Martinelli and Pepe can both play there. Rather it not be Auba, he is not useful playing that far out wide.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:08 pm

Özim wrote:He’s been poor recently, could probably use the rest. We’ve got other options so not a big deal.

He's been patchy for pretty much the entire year. Still young, so I wouldn't be too bothered right now. Not in the least when the entire team looks disjointed.

My worry is that he's at the hands of a coach who doesn't seem to be capable of improving players. We have quite a few players who've regressed since Arteta joined Arsenal. Tierney, Martinelli, Aubameyang. Thomas hasn't replicated his Atleti form. Leno was starting to look disenchanted. Ødegaard started off brightly during that loan spell, but slowly faded away. It hasn't changed this season.

Worrying signs when multiple players begin regressing.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:12 pm

Angelito wrote:
Özim wrote:He’s been poor recently, could probably use the rest. We’ve got other options so not a big deal.

He's been patchy for pretty much the entire year. Still young, so I wouldn't be too bothered right now. Not in the least when the entire team looks disjointed.

My worry is that he's at the hands of a coach who doesn't seem to be capable of improving players. We have quite a few players who've regressed since Arteta joined Arsenal. Tierney, Martinelli, Aubameyang. Thomas hasn't replicated his Atleti form. Leno was starting to look disenchanted. Ødegaard started off brightly during that loan spell, but slowly faded away. It hasn't changed this season.

Worrying signs when multiple players begin regressing.

I totally agree, too many players have regressed or not progressed for it to be coincidence.

A better coach would make a big difference, he would for a start probably undo the shackles they play with which restricts them playing their natural game.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:12 pm

Have not been impressed with him recently. he’s making too many poor decisions lately
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:29 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Have not been impressed with him recently. he’s making too many poor decisions lately

Exactly.

Always good ball to feet but as soon as the moment comes to make a pass or shoot he fks up.

Honestly think its time to get Martinelli on
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:04 pm

^very weird comments.

I watched him today drag the Villa defence all over the place, keep the ball with good strength and bring others in.
He missed a good chance - that would be my only criticism of him, otherwise a very good performance.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:^very weird comments.

I watched him today drag the Villa defence all over the place, keep the ball with good strength and bring others in.
He missed a good chance - that would be my only criticism of him, otherwise a very good performance.

The only thing that's weird is your rose tinted glasses.

Yes he did drag them around, as i said, ball to feet he is very good.......but,how many assists? How many goals?

His final ball is poor, he doesn't not just find them, he messes up, big difference that I can see.

Laca didn't score or assist but he doesn't fk up his final balls, that's why his performance is good, Saka makes the wrong final ball including his 1 on 1 with the goalie, unforgiveable.

Laca would of buried that.

Hopefully Saka improves soon, however I think Martinelli needs a chance
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:39 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:^very weird comments.

The only thing that's weird is your rose tinted glasses.

Yes he did drag them around, as i said, ball to feet he is very good.......but,how many assists? How many goals?

His final ball is poor, he doesn't not just find them, he messes up, big difference that I can see.

Laca didn't score or assist but he doesn't fk up his final balls, that's why his performance is good, Saka makes the wrong final ball including his 1 on 1 with the goalie, unforgiveable.

Laca would of buried that.

Hopefully Saka improves soon, however I think Martinelli needs a chance

I saw player full of energy who dragged the Villa defence all over the place as they tried in vain to double up on him. They ended up resorting to fouling him. He and Auba were terrific at that until they tired in the last stages of the game.
It's about the team and he played a good part in the performance today - goals and assists will come.

I saw your comment in the match thread that he was 'shit'... That is total bollocks.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:55 am

Better than Neymar ffs
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:39 am

swipe right wrote:Better than Neymar ffs

I can tell you had a very bad night last night.
:arse flag.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:09 am

Needs a break and needs to work on his finishing. It was a chaotic game. End to end in some parts and physical. Not sure why he wasn't subbed but I doubt he'll play midweek.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:24 am

Power n Glory wrote:Needs a break and needs to work on his finishing. It was a chaotic game. End to end in some parts and physical. Not sure why he wasn't subbed but I doubt he'll play midweek.

He wasn't subbed because he was playing really well.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk