Bukayo Saka (7)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Bukayo Saka (7)

Postby swipe right » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:55 am

He’s too good to be hanging around this squad. If he signs it will be with a get out clause.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:20 pm

He's waiting to see what sort of squad we will have ... can't blame him.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Hypergooner » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:40 pm

He's 19. He's playing for one of the biggest clubs in England. He hasn't even had chance to be over played and injured yet. Why would he leave now?
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:05 pm

Hypergooner wrote:He's 19. He's playing for one of the biggest clubs in England. He hasn't even had chance to be over played and injured yet. Why would he leave now?

Come on mate. Biggest clubs in England? You’re having a laugh.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:06 pm

EliteKiller wrote:He's waiting to see what sort of squad we will have ... can't blame him.

He’ll spend his best years surrounded by prospects and winning nothing. Just like Cesc did ten years ago.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Rockape » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:29 pm

Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:49 am

Im not really worried about him leaving, I think he and ESR are Arsenal through and through, he is only 19, there is no rush for him. Its not like is is not getting game time.

Look at Jack Grealish, he could easily have left Villa years ago but he didnt. I think it will be the same for Saka.

Swipey, put some respect back on the Arsenal name!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:06 am

theHotHead wrote:Im not really worried about him leaving, I think he and ESR are Arsenal through and through, he is only 19, there is no rush for him. Its not like is is not getting game time.

Look at Jack Grealish, he could easily have left Villa years ago but he didnt. I think it will be the same for Saka.

I have no doubt he’ll sign another contract. But I have doubts he’ll stay long term. He’s better than most of the squad as a teenager. No reason Pep doesn’t sign him to succeed Mahrez down the road.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:52 pm

swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Im not really worried about him leaving, I think he and ESR are Arsenal through and through, he is only 19, there is no rush for him. Its not like is is not getting game time.

I have no doubt he’ll sign another contract. But I have doubts he’ll stay long term. He’s better than most of the squad as a teenager. No reason Pep doesn’t sign him to succeed Mahrez down the road.

That is why a release clause in his contract will be dangerous.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Hypergooner » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:56 pm

swipe right wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:He's 19. He's playing for one of the biggest clubs in England. He hasn't even had chance to be over played and injured yet. Why would he leave now?

One of! We are one of the biggest clubs still. The bigger clubs don't need him and I can't see him going abroad at 19, in to a weaker league.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:42 pm

Hypergooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:

One of! We are one of the biggest clubs still. The bigger clubs don't need him and I can't see him going abroad at 19, in to a weaker league.

Why do you suppose any of City, Liverpool or Chelsea don’t need him? He’d fit City very well as a replacement to Mahrez, Liverpool will lose Salah next year, and Chelsea are rebuilding. Saka grows from strength to strength every season. If he adds goals to his game, which is not hard to envision, he instantly becomes one of England's most desirable players.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Hypergooner » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:41 pm

swipe right wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Why do you suppose any of City, Liverpool or Chelsea don’t need him? He’d fit City very well as a replacement to Mahrez, Liverpool will lose Salah next year, and Chelsea are rebuilding. Saka grows from strength to strength every season. If he adds goals to his game, which is not hard to envision, he instantly becomes one of England's most desirable players.

And at that point he will be worth selling to pay for the rebuild of our squad. At the moment, we wouldn't sell him and he won't leave to warm a bench

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:23 pm

Rebuild of the squad?? At what point is all of this rebuilding supposed to end?? It began in 2018, enough already!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:46 am

Not sure what tier.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:21 am

theHotHead wrote:Rebuild of the squad?? At what point is all of this rebuilding supposed to end?? It began in 2018, enough already!!

It began in 2007 when Henry left! We haven't been able to keep players since.
I really like Saka and don't think he will leave for a few years yet. I would consider offers over £120m though. As good as he is, wingers are easy to replace. We could buy 3 experienced pros with that.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk