Bukayo Saka (7)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Bukayo Saka (7)

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:53 am

Phil71 wrote:Yawn

Tired already? You must be getting old, may I suggest an afternoon siesta?
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:56 am

That’s the point of course, Saka was already looking very good prior to Arteta, as HH rightly points out, when a manager turns a mediocre player into a top player then credit has to be given, but when a player is already on an upward trajectory prior to his arrival then he doesn’t get the same credit.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:59 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote::lol: Arteta didn’t even pick ESR until he had no choice, it’s chance more than anything!

Arteta is a terrible man manager that’s been proven beyond doubt to most except the most biased of fans.

No one said Saka didn’t have a good season anyway, they said he wasn’t very productive which is true. You’ve painted him out to be some sort of world beater better than Neymar but the figures don’t stack up, you don’t help yourself.

^
something good - not Arteta
anything bad - all Arteta.

Yeah, we know.
:rolleyes:

Have you not seen where we’ve ended up two seasons running under him, oh and how about how our start to the new season has gone?

^ which doesn't mean nothing good happened, obviously.

What I did see in Arteta first 18 months was 16 months where we did pretty well (and won a trophy) and a 2-month disaster.
Lots of good things over that period as well as bad things.

As for Saka, I will take what he says about himself and how Arteta has helped him over your entrenched negativity:
“He has given us so much belief, not just that, but information, advice on how to improve.

“You can see that with the youngsters, they are not just coming in but they are coming in and making their mark, proving they can stay in the team.

“That’s a credit to him.”

He doesn’t do a lot good to be honest, you really have to think about it to find something.

Once again, he didn’t do pretty well for 16 months, it was awful, people were complaining about the performances and play then, even when we were scraping wins, it wasn’t good.

People have eyes and stats really don’t paint the whole picture. It’s not been enjoyable under Arteta for all but a small part of his time with us, it’s been all about breaking records we don’t want to break, ineffective football, inexplicable decisions and terrible man management.

If he’s been good for 16 months people wouldn’t want him out let me tell you.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:18 am

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote::lol: Arteta didn’t even pick ESR until he had no choice, it’s chance more than anything!

Arteta is a terrible man manager that’s been proven beyond doubt to most except the most biased of fans.

No one said Saka didn’t have a good season anyway, they said he wasn’t very productive which is true. You’ve painted him out to be some sort of world beater better than Neymar but the figures don’t stack up, you don’t help yourself.

^

Yeah, we know.

Have you not seen where we’ve ended up two seasons running under him, oh and how about how our start to the new season has gone?

What I did see in Arteta first 18 months was 16 months where we did pretty well (and won a trophy) and a 2-month disaster.

As for Saka, I will take what he says about himself and how Arteta has helped him over your entrenched negativity:
“He has given us so much belief, not just that, but information, advice on how to improve.

“You can see that with the youngsters, they are not just coming in but they are coming in and making their mark, proving they can stay in the team.

He doesn’t do a lot good to be honest, you really have to think about it to find something.

Once again, he didn’t do pretty well for 16 months, it was awful, people were complaining about the performances and play then, even when we were scraping wins, it wasn’t good.

People have eyes and stats really don’t paint the whole picture. It’s not been enjoyable under Arteta for all but a small part of his time with us, it’s been all about breaking records we don’t want to break, ineffective football, inexplicable decisions and terrible man management.

For 16 months our point haul has been pretty good. That is the most important stat.
The other important stat is trophies and we've won one.

Take a way a 2 month meltdown and the first 18 months would rank really well.
As long as we avoid extended bad runs, all is OK.

This thread is about Saka however, and he's excellent and credits his improvement to Arteta.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:22 am

I'd say finishing 8th twice is the most important stat

This hilarious only 2 bad months crap you're spouting is great though
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:42 am

Ach wrote:I'd say finishing 8th twice is the most important stat

First 6 months moved up the league and won the FA Cup.
Start of the next season was not bad at all.
Then a 2 month meltdown where we took 2 from 21 points
Then 6 months good.

That is Arteta's first 18 months. That's the reality of it.

Avoid the part in bold going forward and we're ok.
If we have that run again - then we're not.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:57 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

^

Yeah, we know.

For 16 months our point haul has been pretty good. That is the most important stat.
The other important stat is trophies and we've won one.

Take a way a 2 month meltdown and the first 18 months would rank really well.
As long as we avoid extended bad runs, all is OK.

This thread is about Saka however, and he's excellent and credits his improvement to Arteta.

Actually no not in that context, because we ended up 8th, so actually the 16 months which you claim were good (but actually weren’t really) littered with poor results and performances.

Saka has been really good, but as mentioned he was also really good before Arteta arrived so you can’t credit Arteta alone for his progress.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:00 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Then 6 months good.

We hardly moved up the league, we were 8th and our form couldn’t get any worse prior to his arrival, I actually think 8th was poor, it was only the FA cup that made it a reasonable season and that helped erase the fact we had a horrible season.

Cup is a bit of a lottery as well, in fancied teams can win it, it’s all about two teams on a particular day, it’s not an accurate measure of a teams or managers ability.

The whole of last season was pretty awful tbh.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:10 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Then 6 months good.

So why were you so against Arteta before the Europa humiliation v villarreal where the infamous 180 happened and now its the only 2 bad months crap?

Lol
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:12 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Then 6 months good.

We hardly moved up the league, we were 8th and our form couldn’t get any worse prior to his arrival, I actually think 8th was poor, it was only the FA cup that made it a reasonable season and that helped erase the fact we had a horrible season.

Cup is a bit of a lottery as well, in fancied teams can win it, it’s all about two teams on a particular day, it’s not an accurate measure of a teams or managers ability.

Prior to Arteta joining that season we were 11th and had 23 points from 18 games, an average of 1.28 ppg
After Arteta started to the end of the season we were the 6th best team taking 33 points from 20 games, an average of 1.65 ppg. (that 33pts was a single point below what Chelsea did in 4th)

Big improvement and an FA Cup. It was a good first season for Arteta results wise.

The only real issue he had in his first 18 months from a results perspective were the 2 months I have mentioned.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:13 pm

Don't really care for the 8th in his first half season tbh, he took over from Freddie who didn't get them going after Emery hadn't won a game in almost 2 months. Any recovery was always going to be patchy imo, never mind being hit by a global pandemic 3 months in, and he did grab the FA Cup to soften the blow and sort European football.

Last season, he had his first full season and failed to deliver. 8th wasn't good enough given some of the teams who finished above us and our performances were poor on top. I judge him for that primarily and his preference for Willian and Xhaka, the only excuse he had was that he had a poor squad that was largely inherited.

This season that excuse is gone, if they didn't do enough in the summer then it's on both Edu and Arteta. I don't care anymore if Xhaka plays 38 games...that was their choice by not signing a CM so they live and die by it.

Get the best XI or something close to it playing for 5 games in a row and let's really judge both their skills and their transfers. If it's not some silky football and 4 wins from 5 then get the f**k out.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:45 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Then 6 months good.

Prior to Arteta joining that season we were 11th and had 23 points from 18 games, an average of 1.28 ppg
After Arteta started to the end of the season we were the 6th best team taking 33 points from 20 games, an average of 1.65 ppg. (that 33pts was a single point below what Chelsea did in 4th)

Big improvement and an FA Cup. It was a good first season for Arteta results wise.

The only real issue he had in his first 18 months from a results perspective were the 2 months I have mentioned.

We moved up 3 positions from a disastrous run where Emery lost the players and Ljungberg was awful, fantastic!

6th best is pretty poor and this when clubs we’re pretty poor that season as well!

The FA cup was the only thing they saved him, the league and 8th place was awful, you might say he took over halfway through and that’s why he ended up 8th, but then he repeated it last season and got outthought by our former manager to boot over two legs, kind of proved Emery was superior as a manager, we got rid of Emery though.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:49 pm

Özim wrote:

Reading your repetitive drivel is enough to put anyone to sleep.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:00 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

Except you seem to be the only one, as I said perfect time for a little siesta, I’m probably doing you a favour as you’ll wake up refreshed ready for the evening.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:13 pm

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

Except you seem to be the only one, as I said perfect time for a little siesta, I’m probably doing you a favour as you’ll wake up refreshed ready for the evening.

Believe me, you're not doing anyone any favours.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk