Bukayo Saka (7)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Bukayo Saka (7)

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:13 pm

Yeah I kinda agree with most of what you say but I don't agree that just because a lot has been done to combat racism in this country that we should let up. The fight for equality must continue until the target is reached, where one person is not put at a disadvantage because of the colour of their skin/sexual persuasion/gender etc.

Now, to be clear, I have my prejudices, but I wouldn't let them be known to the public, but I am not naive enough to say the world should be some hippie utopia - it aint gonna happen. I don't let those prejudices affect my life and the people around me. Like you my parents are first generation immigrants, "no blacks, Irish and dogs" era, I look at what I have accomplished and it annoys me to see the millenials complaining non-stop. But it doesn't mean just because things are much better now than they were that the fight should stop. I see black kids being racially profiled by the police all over London.

I'll tell you what the next biggest issue is going to be, the kids brought up with wishy-washy parenting, there is a generation of even more spoilt, entitled brats on the way .... mark my words ......
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:24 pm

theHotHead wrote:Yeah I kinda agree with most of what you say but I don't agree that just because a lot has been done to combat racism in this country that we should let up. The fight for equality must continue until the target is reached, where one person is not put at a disadvantage because of the colour of their skin/sexual persuasion/gender etc.

Now, to be clear, I have my prejudices, but I wouldn't let them be known to the public, but I am not naive enough to say the world should be some hippie utopia - it aint gonna happen. I don't let those prejudices affect my life and the people around me. Like you my parents are first generation immigrants, "no blacks, Irish and dogs" era, I look at what I have accomplished and it annoys me to see the millenials complaining non-stop. But it doesn't mean just because things are much better now than they were that the fight should stop. I see black kids being racially profiled by the police all over London.

I'll tell you what the next biggest issue is going to be, the kids brought up with wishy-washy parenting, there is a generation of even more spoilt, entitled brats on the way .... mark my words ......

Oh that generation is already here Hothead.
So called 'equality' can go way too far.

This for example.... tell me how this was ever allowed to happen in our country????
Rainbow Dildo Butt Monkey teaching children to read???
Keep in mind this had to get approved by the council.

The freaks in the video below are part of an 'anti-racist' carnival group.
i.e. they have used racism as a weapon to spread their vile, sick, pathetic nature to kids.

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:34 pm

theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:The public face of English football are are the mindless thugs that ALWAYS spoil it whenever England play in a tournament. Everywhere we go England fans are an issue, its no wonder nobody wants them to win anything ever. You think of English football you thnk about mindless yobs. Every country has its hardcore fan element, the Ultras, but it seems only the English are totally mindless. English football and violence, the 2 go together like muffins and butter ....... like bacon and eggs .........

I once had to run down Holloway Road because Napoli fans were trashing pubs. They have this element as well. English fans tend to get more attention though.

You think that's bad try Poland or the Eastern bloc countries, the racism there is like Britain in the 1970's.

Are you talking about football in Eastern bloc countries or life in general ? If you are talking about life in general you are exaggerating. I've spent shit loads of time in Poland, Ukraine and Moscow and while there is racism there, some of the things I saw with my own eyes and did tells me that, as a black man, you need to be savvy and clued up to avoid trouble in certain areas, but for the most part you can do what you want and live like a king and even take the piss (I am not a shrinking violet) and have a great time out there !!! You may get the odd "Kunta Kinte" here and there but by and large thats about it. I made loads of friends and partied like an animal.

I'm on about football.

By the way in response to the Barnes thing and you and Jay talking about "How to get rid of racism" honestly in my experience ..............

Racists are no different to bullies, if you act the victim they'll carry on because they know they can get away with it.

Me and my friends used to handle things very differently in the late 90's early, 2000's.

Its funny, one time a guy I got into a fight with called me a p*ki because the cops were there, anyway, after decking him and then chasing him around the streets on sight on another ocassion and then offering him out in front of all his mates on another, he loves me now, funny how that works.

When people respect you, you'll find the racism starts to fade into the back ground, if you cry about it or beg them for acceptance like what the media and certain groups do all you'll get is resentment and your belittling yourself.

.............. its funny, those Far Left groups / hippies and social outcasts who have absolutely no social skills whatsoever yet they think they know how to solve our social ills.

They don't.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:57 pm

theHotHead wrote:Yeah I kinda agree with most of what you say but I don't agree that just because a lot has been done to combat racism in this country that we should let up. The fight for equality must continue until the target is reached, where one person is not put at a disadvantage because of the colour of their skin/sexual persuasion/gender etc.

A few things.

Respect yourself, respect your background and heritage, do you know why racism works? because if you call a black person a n*gger but you call a white person a trash h*nkey .......... do you know the difference, the white person wouldn't give a toss, they wouldn't even feel insulted, and there in lies the power.

Achieve, the more POC achieve the more you can't be held down, remember what colour matters more than all others? ............green, look at the Chinese, you can call them ch*nk all you want, do they give a fk? no, they carry on, China is a super power, they don't give a sh*t what the English call them.

Look at Jay-Z, look at Lebron, look at Henry, Jay is a self made billionaire ffs, came from the ghetto to being richer than almost any white man in England bar the top 1%.

None of the above is achievable through a victim mentallity that the so called equality groups and liberals try to force on us, every time the Libs start banging on about it, it perpetuates the idea that POC are victims and that gets enfused in the publics minds.

Racism is worse now than it was 15 years ago, the only reason that is, is because the constant social and political discussion about it (for clicks, sponsors and votes mind you) is reminding white people every single day .......... that POC are poor little victims who cry themselves to sleep because they won't accept them.

Do you think that view is healthy or ends up with someone thinking they are superior?

That is why I fully reject all of the Liberal woke brigade antics, they make you into a project, that itself is belittling.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:03 am

Hope Arteta didn’t see that penalty miss and think, boy needs a loan.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:16 am

DG, two great posts buddy, I couldn't agree more. I have never been a fan of being a victim but I always stand up for those people who are weaker than me, those that are unable to fight for themselves for whatever reason, hence my stance on keeping up the fight for equality.

You are so right, you only get respect from bullies if you stand up to them, I tell my daughter this regularly, she will never get in trouble from me for standing up to bullies and if the school has a problem with that, they can come talk to me !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:57 pm

@Jay @DG, @Hothead

Guys, you are all making deep points that channel my own thoughts..
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zenith » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:36 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Goonerred » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:00 pm

Saka is very intelligent. Don't feel bad, you had a great tournament. You'll shine again soon.
'I knew instantly how much hate I was about to receive.' How sad that he felt that way.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Angelito » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:51 pm

Nicely written. Not common for a 19-year-old to have such a mature take on things. Smart bloke.

I'm confident he will come back stronger. All the best to him. Hope he smashes it next season.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Goonerred » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:00 pm

I hope that with the crowds back everyone, including the opposition, stand up and applaud him.
Goonerred

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:10 pm

Wonderful letter. Proud to have him represent Arsenal.

The pain he felt missing that must have been immense. I hope he does not have the regrets that Southgate says he still has.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:04 pm

Nothing wrong with him having regrets
That’s the fuel that will drive him forward to being a better player
He had a very good tournament
He speaks with an eloquence that these few morons giving him grief don’t even have the nouse to realise they lack
And it really is a few
Promoted to an exalted height by the dog whistling media
The respect and outpouring of love for the players that missed pens is far more reflective of how people feel about a team that gave so much pride and pleasure to the country.
They will come back stronger but must remember that feeling of defeat and be determined to avoid it again
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Zenith » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:33 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Angelito » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:41 am

Angelito