Bukayo Saka (7)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Bukayo Saka (7)

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:08 am

I said before when people were worried he hadn't signed a contract. Why would he leave? He is 19 or so, just starting his journey, why does he feel he needs to leave Arsenal already, especially given our recent form?

It makes no sense, the boy is Arsenal through and through and a Londoner, he doesn't have the desire to leave his home yet. Fabregas left his home younger but that was because he knew he wouldn't get game time at Barca and Arsenal at the time were the next best Barca replicas.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:02 am

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Jay, it was in the William Saliba thread, I made it clear what the scenario was, we were ignoring resale value and all that, it was a simple questiona about swapping the players until the end of the season - at that point:

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Neymar is sh*t and has been for some time.

I didn't rate Saka over Ronaldo.

I said I would not swap Saka for Ronaldo
No Arsenal fan would - not a single one.
That would be utterly stupid to do.

I also would not Ronaldo in the team now because he's too old and on the way down. Would be far too disruptive as he has been for Utd - he's taken them from 2nd to 5th and weakened their attack vs last year.

Jay, forgetting future resale value, are you telling me you would not swap Saka for Ronaldo right at this moment, for the rest of the season ?

That is literally like saying you wouldn't swap Messi for Saka right at this moment because Messi isnt the 40/50 goal per season machine he was at Barcelona.

Now you are just digging in your heels to maintain your argument, its a preposterous comment Jay ! You would be the ONLY Arsenal fan that wouldn't do it Jay !!

A shit Ronaldo will score more goals than a hot Saka, but YOU said you wouldn't swap them and gave a million reasons - all totally irrelevant because Ronaldo was scoring goals in for a shit Man U, so no reason to believe he wouldn't do the same for Arsenal.

Like I said I would not swap Saka for Ronaldo - no way no how.
Take away Ronaldo's penalties and they've both scored the same and Saka has double the assists - plus Saka is FAR more of a team player.
Ronaldo has actually come in and made Utd worse. He'd do the same for us.
Saka all day long.

Dead argument. Look how many penalties we have missed already this season, 3, the most of any club in the league!! Don't go on like they are a given!!

Saka missed a penalty at the Euros too, might I remind you! Ronaldo will contribute to far more goals, given similar game time, than Saka. I don't even know why this is even a discussion.

Ronaldo is Juve’s top goal scorer for 2021 and he left them six months ago. But then again that’s a farmers league.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:30 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:35 pm

Better than Ronaldo at this point.
Clearly.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:47 pm

theHotHead wrote:I said before when people were worried he hadn't signed a contract. Why would he leave? He is 19 or so, just starting his journey, why does he feel he needs to leave Arsenal already, especially given our recent form?

It makes no sense, the boy is Arsenal through and through and a Londoner, he doesn't have the desire to leave his home yet. Fabregas left his home younger but that was because he knew he wouldn't get game time at Barca and Arsenal at the time were the next best Barca replicas.

Bit concerning though that apparently he's made a comment he'd be interested in a move to a club like Liverpool.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:52 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I said before when people were worried he hadn't signed a contract. Why would he leave? He is 19 or so, just starting his journey, why does he feel he needs to leave Arsenal already, especially given our recent form?

Bit concerning though that apparently he's made a comment he'd be interested in a move to a club like Liverpool.

What did Saka say
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:54 pm

Saka and Tierney have freaky chemistry.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:55 pm

I think he is off whenever a great club comes in for him where he has the chance to win anything significant.
Same I feel for Martinelli.

And I dont blame them.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:57 pm

KG3 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

What did Saka say

Reports in the papers saying that he said when asked, that he would like to play for a club like Liverpool who are competing for top honours every year.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Alexis » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:59 pm

Wenger tried this before with the youth and they will get fed up and leave. Thee is no guarantee saka sticks around if we aren't getting up there and winning stuff.

Dortmund are another good example, no matter how many good teams they built that look they may challenge within one to two years, they lose 1-2 talents and the whole process gets pushed back another 5 years.

We need to keep splashing and improving, at the very least show ambition as some players will stick around if they are the club trying at least.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby KG3 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:05 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
KG3 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

What did Saka say

Reports in the papers saying that he said when asked, that he would like to play for a club like Liverpool who are competing for top honours every year.

So nothing concrete then
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:13 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:16 pm

Dejan wrote:I think he is off whenever a great club comes in for him where he has the chance to win anything significant.
Same I feel for Martinelli.

And I dont blame them.

The dippers are reported to be interested in him, he could well leave for them it wouldbeagreat lossfor the team andthe club if he did jump ship.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby ag6789 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:28 pm

Little can you do if someone is hellbent on leaving. We've seen that w/Cesc, RVP, Nasri, etc, and also w/ Suarez, Sterling, Torres at 'pool.
But at this point Saka is an Arsenal player w/ contract up to '24, so we still control the conversation. At his prime he'll be valued at 80-100 mil. Worse come worse take the money and move on. But that should be a while down the road if at all.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby BexleyGooner » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:40 pm

Stop the flapping, Saka isn’t going anywhere for a long time.This sort of crap always comes out when contracts are being renegotiated.

Building a great young side only to flog the best players in it would be suicidal. How could the board ever sell us any ideas of ‘trusting the process’ again?
Last edited by BexleyGooner on Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk