Bukayo Saka (7)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Bukayo Saka (7)

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Yawn

Tired already? You must be getting old, may I suggest an afternoon siesta?

Reading your repetitive drivel is enough to put anyone to sleep.

Except you seem to be the only one, as I said perfect time for a little siesta, I’m probably doing you a favour as you’ll wake up refreshed ready for the evening.

Believe me, you're not doing anyone any favours.

You’d be easier to believe if when you claim not to be fussed about Arteta you didn’t then always pop out to support him or criticise others who don’t believe in him.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:32 pm

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

Except you seem to be the only one, as I said perfect time for a little siesta, I’m probably doing you a favour as you’ll wake up refreshed ready for the evening.

You’d be easier to believe if when you claim not to be fussed about Arteta you didn’t then always pop out to support him or criticise others who don’t believe in him.

I defend common sense when people like you post nonsense, and criticise persistent moaners... like you.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:53 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:I'd say finishing 8th twice is the most important stat

This hilarious only 2 bad months crap you're spouting is great though

First 6 months moved up the league and won the FA Cup.
Start of the next season was not bad at all.
Then a 2 month meltdown where we took 2 from 21 points
Then 6 months good.

That is Arteta's first 18 months. That's the reality of it.

Avoid the part in bold going forward and we're ok.
If we have that run again - then we're not.

We hardly moved up the league, we were 8th and our form couldn’t get any worse prior to his arrival, I actually think 8th was poor, it was only the FA cup that made it a reasonable season and that helped erase the fact we had a horrible season.

Cup is a bit of a lottery as well, in fancied teams can win it, it’s all about two teams on a particular day, it’s not an accurate measure of a teams or managers ability.

The whole of last season was pretty awful tbh.

Prior to Arteta joining that season we were 11th and had 23 points from 18 games, an average of 1.28 ppg
After Arteta started to the end of the season we were the 6th best team taking 33 points from 20 games, an average of 1.65 ppg. (that 33pts was a single point below what Chelsea did in 4th)

Big improvement and an FA Cup. It was a good first season for Arteta results wise.

The only real issue he had in his first 18 months from a results perspective were the 2 months I have mentioned.

We moved up 3 positions from a disastrous run where Emery lost the players and Ljungberg was awful, fantastic!

6th best is pretty poor and this when clubs we’re pretty poor that season as well!

The FA cup was the only thing they saved him, the league and 8th place was awful, you might say he took over halfway through and that’s why he ended up 8th, but then he repeated it last season and got outthought by our former manager to boot over two legs, kind of proved Emery was superior as a manager, we got rid of Emery though.

Riiight.
So going from 11th best in the league to 6th best in the league and winning an FA Cup is poor now.
I see.
Then , true to form, the old 'it wasn't Arteta, it was because everyone else was bad'.
:rolleyes:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:59 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

I defend common sense when people like you post nonsense, and criticise persistent moaners... like you.

Defend common sense, please, you’re backing a guy who’s had Arsenal in 8th 2 seasons running, has alienated countless players for nothing and had us playing awful football and that’s just scratching the surface.

Based on that I can only conclude you neither have nor know what common sense is.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:02 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:I'd say finishing 8th twice is the most important stat

This hilarious only 2 bad months crap you're spouting is great though

First 6 months moved up the league and won the FA Cup.
Start of the next season was not bad at all.
Then a 2 month meltdown where we took 2 from 21 points
Then 6 months good.

That is Arteta's first 18 months. That's the reality of it.

Avoid the part in bold going forward and we're ok.
If we have that run again - then we're not.

We hardly moved up the league, we were 8th and our form couldn’t get any worse prior to his arrival, I actually think 8th was poor, it was only the FA cup that made it a reasonable season and that helped erase the fact we had a horrible season.

Cup is a bit of a lottery as well, in fancied teams can win it, it’s all about two teams on a particular day, it’s not an accurate measure of a teams or managers ability.

The whole of last season was pretty awful tbh.

Prior to Arteta joining that season we were 11th and had 23 points from 18 games, an average of 1.28 ppg
After Arteta started to the end of the season we were the 6th best team taking 33 points from 20 games, an average of 1.65 ppg. (that 33pts was a single point below what Chelsea did in 4th)

Big improvement and an FA Cup. It was a good first season for Arteta results wise.

The only real issue he had in his first 18 months from a results perspective were the 2 months I have mentioned.

We moved up 3 positions from a disastrous run where Emery lost the players and Ljungberg was awful, fantastic!

6th best is pretty poor and this when clubs we’re pretty poor that season as well!

The FA cup was the only thing they saved him, the league and 8th place was awful, you might say he took over halfway through and that’s why he ended up 8th, but then he repeated it last season and got outthought by our former manager to boot over two legs, kind of proved Emery was superior as a manager, we got rid of Emery though.

Riiight.
So going from 11th best in the league to 6th best in the league and winning an FA Cup is poor now.
I see.
Then , true to form, the old 'it wasn't Arteta, it was because everyone else was bad'.
:rolleyes:

Yes because 11th was an artificial position based on one manager losing the team and the other being out of his depth and being given temporary charge.

Arteta didn’t have that (though I’d argue the 2nd point about being out of his depth is spot on about him).

The cup is the cup, let’s call it the pot luck cup because that’s what it involves, how two teams perform on a given day, how focussed they are and what other distractions they have. It’s a nice trophy to win as the cherry on the cake, but as a stand-alone achievement it’s not a measure of performance or quality.

No one needs to tell us Arteta isn’t any good, we can see it with our own eyes, dreadful football, 2 8th places (something that’s not happened since the 90s) and breaking records no one wants to break!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:20 pm

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

Defend common sense, please, you’re backing a guy who’s had Arsenal in 8th 2 seasons running, has alienated countless players for nothing and had us playing awful football and that’s just scratching the surface.

Based on that I can only conclude you neither have nor know what common sense is.

Oh dear (yawn).

The same old crap about me backing him and defending him and so on.

Boring.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:33 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

Oh dear (yawn).

Boring.

You’re too transparent I’m afraid, it’s pretty obvious to everyone.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:56 pm

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

Oh dear (yawn).

Boring.

Oh I see! So I'm discreetly backing him? I'm some sort of secret Arteta backer, who although publicly states that he couldn't give a shit if the man is fired, is in fact completely behind him?

Yes I'm sure everyone believes that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:55 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

Oh dear (yawn).

Boring.

Oh I see! So I'm discreetly backing him? I'm some sort of secret Arteta backer, who although publicly states that he couldn't give a shit if the man is fired, is in fact completely behind him?

No you have it wrong, you’re not discreet at all!

Why else would someone take so much exception to peoples comments, it’s weird, if you weren’t a fan of Arteta it wouldn’t bother you.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Angelito » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:58 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Angelito wrote:What project youth?

This isn't any project youth. Such a project usually revolves around poaching cheap talents from other academies/leagues, making smart purchases for a modest fee, promoting your own talents, etc. It's a combination of factors.

Splashing £150m on players—£220m+ overall—and branding it as project youth is PR 101.

Sadly, most Arsenal fans will fall for it.

Project Youth is term that came from the fans and not the club. Also, ai wouldn't say it's good PR 101 for fans fk fall for because most saw the original as a failure, hence this talk of having to sell Saka.

This does look like Project Youth 2.0 because it based off building developing a young group of players. May not be the exact same way things rolled out under Wenger but it's the similar idea or at least one most fans will compare to what happened under Wenger.

If you're referring to the term, obviously, it came from the fans. But the psychology behind that term is being pushed by Arsenal. Even during the original, genuine project, Arsenal didn't push its PR to re-define the era as it has been lately.

The original Project Youth was driven by zero net spend, talented prodigies, and finding basement bargains or poaching youngsters from other leagues.

Edu talked about how young this squad is; how excited he is to see them play together and develop. Not just the arrivals worth £150m, but also with the extensions of Saka, Smith Rowe, and Martinelli.

The problem is, not everyone will turn out to be good. Some will be plagued by injuries, some might want to leave, some won't develop as expected... There are many variables.

You'd be surprised how gullible Arsenal fans are. Arteta has been backed like no manager in recent Arsenal history. Yet, they're asking for more time. It's not like he'd be sacked if he failed to finish in EL places either. If he gets top-8, he will still be here next season.

The whole waffle about a young squad is just that. Ozil was 24 when we signed him. Alexis was 25. Yet, all of a sudden these 22-23 year olds are supposed to be the face of youth ideology at Arsenal.

Jeez.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:05 pm

Angelito wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Angelito wrote:What project youth?

This isn't any project youth. Such a project usually revolves around poaching cheap talents from other academies/leagues, making smart purchases for a modest fee, promoting your own talents, etc. It's a combination of factors.

Splashing £150m on players—£220m+ overall—and branding it as project youth is PR 101.

Sadly, most Arsenal fans will fall for it.

Project Youth is term that came from the fans and not the club. Also, ai wouldn't say it's good PR 101 for fans fk fall for because most saw the original as a failure, hence this talk of having to sell Saka.

This does look like Project Youth 2.0 because it based off building developing a young group of players. May not be the exact same way things rolled out under Wenger but it's the similar idea or at least one most fans will compare to what happened under Wenger.

If you're referring to the term, obviously, it came from the fans. But the psychology behind that term is being pushed by Arsenal. Even during the original, genuine project, Arsenal didn't push its PR to re-define the era as it has been lately.

The original Project Youth was driven by zero net spend, talented prodigies, and finding basement bargains or poaching youngsters from other leagues.

Edu talked about how young this squad is; how excited he is to see them play together and develop. Not just the arrivals worth £150m, but also with the extensions of Saka, Smith Rowe, and Martinelli.

The problem is, not everyone will turn out to be good. Some will be plagued by injuries, some might want to leave, some won't develop as expected... There are many variables.

You'd be surprised how gullible Arsenal fans are. Arteta has been backed like no manager in recent Arsenal history. Yet, they're asking for more time. It's not like he'd be sacked if he failed to finish in EL places either. If he gets top-8, he will still be here next season.

The whole waffle about a young squad is just that. Ozil was 24 when we signed him. Alexis was 25. Yet, all of a sudden these 22-23 year olds are supposed to be the face of youth ideology at Arsenal.

Jeez.

You know on this forum maybe a handful will swallow this rubbish. The majority aren't convinced. The spin and talk won't work. Results is all that matters to most at this stage because we have fallen so far away. Come Christmas if things aren't looking better the Kroenkes will hear from the fans about it. The atmosphere will be too toxic to ignore.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:27 pm

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

Oh dear (yawn).

Boring.

Why else would someone take so much exception to peoples comments, it’s weird, if you weren’t a fan of Arteta it wouldn’t bother you.

It goes beyond the pale when you are slagging off our new signings before they have even kicked a ball, ALL (and entirely) because you don't like Arteta. There is no other reason despite the twaddle you use to justify it. Everything the club does good or bad you turn into a discussion about Arteta repeating the same crap about how its his fault or, in the case of something good happening, not to his credit and he's crap really.. blah blah blah.

THAT is why you get the same rebuttals thrown back in your face.

Not a single person here is happy with Arteta, it's just that most fans do not believe he is the driving reason behind the issues the club has faced for over a decade. You, however, cannot get past your 'it's all Arteta's fault' dogma and you are now entrenched so far that I am not sure how you could ever enjoy any success Arsenal have with Arteta or any of the new players. It's become so bad it's actually in your weird interests that we fail and all our signings turn out to be crap. Not a good place to be.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Angelito » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:35 pm

@ PnG

If the fans at the stadium start booing the team, that's when I see these folks at Arsenal acting. Majority of the online fanbase is filled with gullible fans or those with their own agendas.

I haven't seen a stubborn set of directors at a club that are hell-bent on keeping the manager regardless of results. Ornstein stated, a few days ago, that it would take a disaster for Josh Kroenke to sack Arteta. Disaster, at Arsenal, has become a relative term.

Another worry is how Arsenal assumed that they could sell some players and balance the spending. That's why this lot was allowed to spend big this summer. I can see Arsenal cashing in on one of Saka or Smith Rowe—depending on whose stock is high—to balance the book in coming summers.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:41 pm

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

Oh dear (yawn).

Boring.

Bore off you sad case.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:46 pm

Angelito wrote:@ PnG

If the fans at the stadium start booing the team, that's when I see these folks at Arsenal acting. Majority of the online fanbase is filled with gullible fans or those with their own agendas.

I haven't seen a stubborn set of directors at a club that are hell-bent on keeping the manager regardless of results. Ornstein stated, a few days ago, that it would take a disaster for Josh Kroenke to sack Arteta. Disaster, at Arsenal, has become a relative term.

Another worry is how Arsenal assumed that they could sell some players and balance the spending. That's why this lot was allowed to spend big this summer. I can see Arsenal cashing in on one of Saka or Smith Rowe—depending on whose stock is high—to balance the book in coming summers.

The fans in the stadium did boo the team at halftime and at full time against Chelsea.
They were also very balanced. Cheering on the players, giving them encouragement.
If we have a run of games like we did from mid-Oct to mid-Dec 2020, then I suspect the fans will be more vocal, but for now support is quite strong in the stadium. Letting the management know they are not happy at halftime and full time, but getting behind the team during the action. It would have to get very very bad for fans in the stadium to act even remotely like some of the negative people here.
There is an absolute muppet on AFTV that sounds likes one of the overly negative posters here.
He tried to get fans together to protest at the Chelsea game. No-one turned up and he was left to bleat on air about it.

I'd also say that some of the overly excessive comments on here, if shouted in the stadium, would not be good for one's health. At the very least any person doing such would be treated with utter disdain.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk