Lucas Torreira

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Lucas Torreira (on loan - ACF Fiorentina)

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 22, 2022 9:34 am

I agree with you.

Trouble is Arteta will never play him, he’ll either never play or be loaned out again.

If he’s not going to feature we should just sell.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Sun May 22, 2022 9:41 am

Give him the number 4
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun May 22, 2022 2:53 pm

Won't be seen in Arsenal colours again
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sun May 22, 2022 6:17 pm

Zenith wrote:
[DiMarzio] Fiorentina: Torreira will not be signed. The midfielder will return to Arsenal.

Wtf thought they wanted him? Probably just trying to get a cheaper deal the c****.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sun May 22, 2022 6:21 pm

Better than xhaka, but still only good enough as a squad player
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 22, 2022 6:28 pm

The problem isn't so much the talent.

The issue is he doesn't like living in England, he's not going to last here, doubt he'll even play for us again, I'm sure he'll tell Arteta he doesn't want to be here.

Also as well, passed up by Atletico, passed up by Fiori ......... bit concerning although I'm sure the latter is to do with money but surely we weren't asking for too much?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun May 22, 2022 6:35 pm

He’s not good enough, we know that. People like to think players away from the club are better than they are but he’s a perfect fit for a simeone system and they didn’t even use him that much.

Played well at Fior, back in his comfort zone and yet they aren’t jumping to take him.

Decent player but needs to be sold for even 10m.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun May 22, 2022 8:51 pm

He’s miles better than El Neny.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun May 22, 2022 8:52 pm

He started of well, then looked a bit lightweight for the pl
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Est83 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:31 am

Fiorentina wanted to lower the agreed fee apparently.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/22/lucas-to ... 88653/amp/

Personally like the guy a lot. Very physical for someone so small, tonnes of energy, always looked to break away. The dude's a grafter too.

He definitely would have improved our midfield this season, but realistically he should only ever be back up (depending on our ambition of course).

The big issue now is getting rid of him. He needs to sign a new contract or be sold immediately. Can't be another one going for free.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 23, 2022 8:58 am

Santi wrote:He’s not good enough, we know that. People like to think players away from the club are better than they are but he’s a perfect fit for a simeone system and they didn’t even use him that much.

Played well at Fior, back in his comfort zone and yet they aren’t jumping to take him.

Decent player but needs to be sold for even 10m.

No, I remember how good he was for us in his first season, he ran out of puff toward the end of the season but that was to be expected. Then the next season Emery went full muppet and tried to turn him into an AM.

He is a quality de-facto DM.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:25 am

No space for him in the team really. Partey is ahead of him and Elneny is about to sign as his back up.

Didn't we pay £25m for him. And now we're struggling to get £10m for him at 26 years old. Shocking really.

We really need to sort out of transfer department. Clubs taking us for mugs. Loan him out with an obligatory purchase. Similar to Mavro and Guendouzi ... just not at a ridiculously cheap price.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Mon May 23, 2022 10:43 am

I definitely think there is space for him. We need competition for places and we haven't signed a new CM/DM yet.

We need players that can potentially push Xhaka down the pecking order. Lokonga isn't ready, Elneny is marmite and only takes one injury to Partey to really screw us up.

I would like to see Torreira under Arteta at least before judging. At the very least, he has the ability to press opponents and making those vital interceptions to break up play and set up counters.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby alexafc12 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:56 am

We need competition but for starting places not really for backups. There are only 2 spots to contend for if we continue to play with a CAM...

If we'd let Elneny leave I would have understood keeping him. There's also the issue of him not enjoying life in London - probably exacerbated by him not starting games - so I can't see him being content with battling Elneny for a spot on the bench.

Starters:
Partey
New CM

Back Ups.
Xhaka
Elneny
Sambi
Patino
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Mon May 23, 2022 11:01 am

alexafc12 wrote:We need competition but for starting places not really for backups. There are only 2 spots to contend for if we continue to play with a CAM...

If we'd let Elneny leave I would have understood keeping him. There's also the issue of him not enjoying life in London - probably exacerbated by him not starting games - so I can't see him being content with battling Elneny for a spot on the bench.

Starters:
Partey
New CM

Back Ups.
Xhaka
Elneny
Sambi
Patino

I doubt he'd be content on the bench but if he didn't have much of a choice, he'd fight for his place.

New CM should be a priority and it has be someone that can cope just as well as Partey in the middle when on form. Can't be a complimentary player to Partey because neither Xhaka or Elneny can step up to replace Partey. We've seen how it can quickly fall apart with one key injury.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to World Football