Lucas Torreira

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Lucas Torreira (11)

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:10 pm

NEXT season!!!

Fk off we're making the sale now.

Stfu Simeone, almost like it was deliberate because of us targeting Partey.

Carry on with the sale to Italy.

Maybe Atletico are worried we're now more interested in Aouar?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:21 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:NEXT season!!!

Fk off we're making the sale now.

Stfu Simeone, almost like it was deliberate because of us targeting Partey.

Carry on with the sale to Italy.

Maybe Atletico are worried we're now more interested in Aouar?

next season means this season coming up

atletico madrid hasnt played yet lol

dont get ur knickers in a twist
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Losmeister » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:Torreira has never really had a run in the team, he just seems to get the odd game here and there which isn’t enough to build up form.

He was a starter for a whole season, if you mean under Arteta its because he's not been better than Ceballos, obviously Granit is Mr undroppable (for whatever reason) so that's that.

The main issue is that aside is that Torreria doesn't want to be in England, he misses Italy, so its best for him to go, Reyes MkII.

He played pretty well at first... then he got hurt...now he's a step slow....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:07 pm

If El Cholo is indeed interested in buying Torreira, that would probably mean a €25m deal.

We can use that €25m + the money generated from other sales to trigger Partey's €50m release clause.

Meanwhile, I believe we have enough to pay Aouar's €30m up front, with the remaining €30m to be paid in installments.

Not every deal is going to work like Pepe's £10m up front + £62m over five years.

Lucas in a Simeone side would be insane.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Callum » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:18 pm

Angelito wrote:If El Cholo is indeed interested in buying Torreira, that would probably mean a €25m deal.

We can use that €25m + the money generated from other sales to trigger Partey's €50m release clause.

Meanwhile, I believe we have enough to pay Aouar's €30m up front, with the remaining €30m to be paid in installments.

Not every deal is going to work like Pepe's £10m up front + £62m over five years.

Lucas in a Simeone side would be insane.

€25m for Torreira, €25m for Martinez (roughly). That pays for Partey.

If we can get €10m or so for Kolasinac, and move on Mustafi and Sokratis for around €10m total, that gives us around a third of Aouar's fee. If we can scrub together another €10m then we've €30m to pay Lyon up front now, and then will need to find the remaining half over the course of the next couple of years. Certainly doable when you consider that Ozil's contract is up next summer and he alone costs us around €20m a season.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:08 am

themessiah wrote:I said this a for a long time that this guys size is a disadvantage for him in the EPL, also he should be doing more with the ball and making side passes. That number 6 position has evolved now, but people on here said i had an agenda lol.

His Time here has been largely underwhelming. Unable to get games, and disappointing in the rare times he's played

His size has nothing to do with it, he had brilliant first season. Emery is the reason for him falling out of favour.

Makelele wasn't big and he bossed the middle for Chelsea.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Looks to me like Atletico are getting concerned about our Aouar interest and are worried we're going to bail on the Partey deal.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... s-Torreira
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:38 pm

Torreira + €30m in Atletico's pocket might be enough for Atletico to sell Partey below his release clause.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:45 pm

Shouldn't need 30m, if the release fee is 50m euros then we pay them half of that and give Torreira.

Other bids were coming at 22m-24m and now we have a bidding war so Atleti should value him at 25m or we'll sell him to Torino.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:36 pm

ok so if partey isnt included we need to get rid of the negotiators thats pure bs we shpuld pay 20m plus torry and then spend auaor come on arsenal its douable even if cheap f**k kroneke wont give us money
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:36 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby gooney » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:40 pm

Santi wrote:Shouldn't need 30m, if the release fee is 50m euros then we pay them half of that and give Torreira.

Other bids were coming at 22m-24m and now we have a bidding war so Atleti should value him at 25m or we'll sell him to Torino.

Atletico dont have 25 million to spend nor will there be much of bidding war. We have to get rid of Torreira this window. Atletico will tell the player stand your ground and say only us. In the end if he refuses Italy we will be forced to negotiate with them for loan. Hell I would pay 30 million pound for Partey with torreira going there
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:42 pm

Santi wrote:Shouldn't need 30m, if the release fee is 50m euros then we pay them half of that and give Torreira.

I don't even see the point of us getting caught up in Atletico's budget issues, if Italy want Torreria then sell to them for straight cash then we could simpy buy Partey outright and not give a crap what Atletico's problems are.

I honestly think Atletico are interjecting because they're worried we're going to sell to Torrino and then use that money to buy Aouar instead.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:36 pm

I honestly think Atletico are interjecting because they're worried we're going to sell to Torrino and then use that money to buy Aouar instead.

Spot on. Partey (I always thought he went by Thomas?) has to be the number two target for us, and other clubs are not lining up to spend that much on him. Aoaur at 22 is the man to buy. Sell to Torrino or to ATM for cash.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:51 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:

Spot on. Partey (I always thought he went by Thomas?) has to be the number two target for us, and other clubs are not lining up to spend that much on him. Aoaur at 22 is the man to buy. Sell to Torrino or to ATM for cash.

Aoaur is more of Arsenal player while I feel partey is more of previous Chelsea side players like an Essien type of player. Bit like Nasri was typical arsenal player. thin, weak and pretty on the eyes. But will get physically dominated by grown serious men. Partey is 27....in his prime. But it seems our fans rather want a 22 year old so they can say oooh he is just 22, imagine how good he will be in 2-3 years. Luckily we have moved from that nonsense and now we have grown men starting for us in almost every position
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to World Football