Lucas Torreira

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Lucas Torreira (11)

Postby Sims » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:05 pm

theres no such thing as believing twitter

i only follow news aggregators who provide links to foreign outlets etc

gazzetto dello sport are the ones who are reporting the roma links for example, a guy on twitter just puts it on there for all english speakers to know what foreign publications are saying
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:30 pm

Sims wrote:theres no such thing as believing twitter

gazzetto dello sport are the ones who are reporting the roma links for example, a guy on twitter just puts it on there for all english speakers to know what foreign publications are saying
So the spanish version of the sun writes it, some spanish bloke tweets it and you believe it?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:34 pm

Tony Adams wrote:

So the spanish version of the sun writes it, some spanish bloke tweets it and you believe it?

Nein

As with every news source you take it with a pinch of salt - hence the apparently

The only people who are worth believing re:Arsenal news are Fab Romano & Ornstein, as we’ve been over time and time again they confirm news that’s legitimate
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:18 pm

Sims wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:

Nein

As with every news source you take it with a pinch of salt - hence the apparently

The only people who are worth believing re:Arsenal news are Fab Romano & Ornstein, as we’ve been over time and time again they confirm news that’s legitimate

PG learned his lesson from Twitter the hard way. Bought an Arsenal shirt with Higuain 9 on the back

Or was that that Massa bloke. Can't remember
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:42 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
Sims wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:

Nein

PG learned his lesson from Twitter the hard way. Bought an Arsenal shirt with Higuain 9 on the back

Nah, I had Samba when we were getting him from Blackburn. Could probably wear it now we have so many brazilians [emoji14]
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:49 pm

You have to remember that Twitter is just a communication tool, which the vast majority of journalists use. Something they write for their blog or publication will be posted on Twitter, either directly by themselves or by a news aggregator.

It's these random pricks who make up nonsense and use Twitter to try and get attention that need to be avoided.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:20 pm

= Torino offer €24m up front.

Good news if true: a small bidding war should drive his price up and the club no longer has to consider low-ball offers.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Sims » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:27 pm

Worth noting Torino’s boss is Giampaolo or whatever he’s called who got the best out of Torreira at Samp
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Angelito » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:36 pm

We really need to stop purchasing lopsided players.

We have too many limited players who can only play in a system that we don't even intend to play long-term. Xhaka is a CM in a 3-4-3, or a 4-3-3 with a DM next to him. Torreira excels for a counter attacking side.

It's the same with Sokratis. If Unai wanted to play from the back, why'd we buy him in the first place?

I don't blame Torreira for not fitting. When the entire club has been poorly run for 4-5 years now, there's not much he could do.

If we get Coutinho, he'd work well on the left. That's where Wenger would have played him. Like Arshavin and Nasri. He won't work well in a 4-3-3 with Dani and Xhaka.

Let's hope we can invest wisely from now on. If we get €25m for Torreira up front, we should take it.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:51 pm

Tony Adams wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Sims wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:

Nein

Nah, I had Samba when we were getting him from Blackburn. Could probably wear it now we have so many brazilians [emoji14]

lol

I remember that, you were such a Samba fan boy, PG likes em big.

As with the Diawara rumour, as I mentioned the only person who mentioned it even a few weeks back was his agent, nothing came from anyone else, it was shop window tactics.

Arsenal have been giving big agent kick backs recently hence the Pepe investigation, I can imagine Diawara's agent wanted a piece of the action.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:20 pm

Angelito wrote:We really need to stop purchasing lopsided players.

We have too many limited players who can only play in a system that we don't even intend to play long-term. Xhaka is a CM in a 3-4-3, or a 4-3-3 with a DM next to him. Torreira excels for a counter attacking side.

It's the same with Sokratis. If Unai wanted to play from the back, why'd we buy him in the first place?

I don't blame Torreira for not fitting. When the entire club has been poorly run for 4-5 years now, there's not much he could do.

If we get Coutinho, he'd work well on the left. That's where Wenger would have played him. Like Arshavin and Nasri. He won't work well in a 4-3-3 with Dani and Xhaka.

Let's hope we can invest wisely from now on. If we get €25m for Torreira up front, we should take it.

Kolasinac is another only excels as a LWB in 3-5-2 but poor in back 4 it yeah we need to start buying with a plan, not just purchase players because they’re cheap and available
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:49 pm

Latest rumours is that Fiorentina have pulled out the race because we’re demanding €30m, they offered €25m in 2 installments but Torino are apparently pushing for his signature
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:53 pm

We bought him for £26m, he's still young and is no worse capability wise than when he arrived, if anything the Prems probably made him better equipped.

I think we should take anything £20m+ considering the Covid £ hit.

£24-25m would literally be a recoup, no harm, no foul.

We may of got £28m - £30m if we had sold him in his peak at AFC during his first season.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:54 am

It’s a shame, I think we saw in the first 6 months he’s got more to offer than what we’ve seen since then, but it’s just not worked out and we need the cash.

24 years old and still time to have a good career, Torino will be very happy if they get him.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:14 am

TORINOOOOO
Callum
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football