Lucas Torreira

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Lucas Torreira (11)

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:44 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Callum wrote:I see no reason to disrupt the Guendouzi and Ceballos partnership from yesterday. It might be worth bringing in Torreira for Willock though to give us some more experience and grit in the midfield.

One of either Willock or Nelson to make way for Torreira, I would support.

Torreira and Pepe in for Willock and Nelson?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:28 am

Tony_Adams wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Callum wrote:I see no reason to disrupt the Guendouzi and Ceballos partnership from yesterday. It might be worth bringing in Torreira for Willock though to give us some more experience and grit in the midfield.

Assuming a back 4 with Ceballos and Guendouzi in midfield:
Torreira, Pepe, Laca, Auba.

To me that is our strongest team. If we need extra creativity I would include Ozil and drop Guendouzi.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zanatos3 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:45 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Assuming a back 4 with Ceballos and Guendouzi in midfield:
Torreira, Pepe, Laca, Auba.

To me that is our strongest team. If we need extra creativity I would include Ozil and drop Guendouzi.

Nope...Cue 'SUDDEN' illness... :cold2:

I rather have a team full of 100% Fighters & ball winners against the Best Competition we have in Liverpool.

I'll take Ozil ALONE...the rest could prolly make up for it because these days he's been Fighting for ball more..so like 7.5% of the game...

You might see Ozil do a slight tackle [under the speed limit] & ACTUALLY win the ball back :clap: , in the Early period...Hooray!!! :arse flag.gif:

But 92.5% of the time, he'll be a Complete Spectator Off the ball.

Could Never be used as an 'IMPACT SUBSTITUTE' in a second half....no-one on Earth would do that, it makes NO sense! :snooty:

So I agree once he's NOT SICK we can Afford the LUXARY of Ozil if the other 10 are All Fighters like we fielded against Burnley!

But if Emery DARE...DARE Field ,or Start OZIL & XHAKA!!!

The midfield would have a GIANT CRATER in it. :tumbleweed:

We might as well give them Tickets & a Guard of Honour - Straight Through the Midfield - Onto the defense :) -& Right on Leno's Doorstep! :choccake:
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:49 am

I don't share your hatred/dislike of Ozil.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby FARM » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:01 am

Good goal Lucas, well done
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fenice » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:19 am

Was a solid goal tbf.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:44 am

Laca and Lucas should have started today.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:06 am

Emery was overruled by Arsenal board in Torreira transfer as he felt Uruguayan was too small and wanted 6ft 4in Nzonzi instead
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... er-nzonzi/
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:07 am

swipe right wrote:Emery was overruled by Arsenal board in Torreira transfer as he felt Uruguayan was too small and wanted 6ft 4in Nzonzi instead

............. like we keep telling you.

He's not in charge of transfers, now you get it yes?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:35 am

swipe right wrote:Emery was overruled by Arsenal board in Torreira transfer as he felt Uruguayan was too small and wanted 6ft 4in Nzonzi instead

He was one of our best players last season until he got exhausted. Is Emery mental?
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:02 am

It’s an interesting situation. A few years ago I would have agreed with the logic because we lost a lot of points to teams that simply hoofed the ball into our half and won the first ball due to their height advantage. Think about Denilson and even Flamini losing out in 1:1s with taller strikers and midfielders from Stoke etc. losing that first ball immediately put our defense in trouble. Today however even the smaller teams like playing out of the back and that’s where having a Torreira is a better option. It amazes me seeing many of these smaller teams like Watford etc. indulging in build up play.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:06 am

swipe right wrote:It’s an interesting situation. A few years ago I would have agreed with the logic because we lost a lot of points to teams that simply hoofed the ball into our half and won the first ball due to their height advantage. Think about Denilson and even Flamini losing out in 1:1s with taller strikers and midfielders from Stoke etc. losing that first ball immediately put our defense in trouble. Today however even the smaller teams like playing out of the back and that’s where having a Torreira is a better option. It amazes me seeing many of these smaller teams like Watford etc. indulging in build up play.

Flamini was not the same player second time around, fantastic tackler when he 1st played for The Arsenal
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby island_gunner » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:58 am

:arsesmile:

island_gunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby UFGN » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:00 pm

VCC wrote:
swipe right wrote:It’s an interesting situation. A few years ago I would have agreed with the logic because we lost a lot of points to teams that simply hoofed the ball into our half and won the first ball due to their height advantage. Think about Denilson and even Flamini losing out in 1:1s with taller strikers and midfielders from Stoke etc. losing that first ball immediately put our defense in trouble. Today however even the smaller teams like playing out of the back and that’s where having a Torreira is a better option. It amazes me seeing many of these smaller teams like Watford etc. indulging in build up play.

Flamini was not the same player second time around, fantastic tackler when he 1st played for The Arsenal

Gilberto was better.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Swan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:29 pm

Why does emery keep subbing him off
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to World Football