Lucas Torreira

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Lucas Torreira (on loan - Club Atlético de Madrid)

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Dejan wrote:Angelito, there is a reason he plays for atletico eh? ;)

Sadly, it hasn't worked out at Atleti for him. There's still a good player in there but the clowns we've had in charge haven't made it easy for him.

There's like five Arsenal players who are having good seasons, so far, so take it easy.

He'd still do well under a decent manager at Arsenal.

Its got nothing to do with our managers in this particular case.

Torreira has openly admitted in an interview, the reason he's having problems here is because he doesn't like living in England.

I don't see how that's Arteta or Emery's fault?

He obviously doesn't like the culture or the weather as he's used to living in Mediterrainian and South American countries, Reyes had the same issue.
Some people just get home sick and don't realise it until they've tried it out.

Spain, Italy he'll be fine in, maybe even France but once you hit northern Europe its pretty different.

England is pretty sh*t tbf, I like it because this is what I'm used to, but every time I go to La Rochelle, Alicante or Como in Italy you realise England has nothing like that, not even close.

We go ape sh*t over Sandbanks and Kennsington ffs like that's high living, absolute peasants.

France has a ton of places that sh*t all over Sandbanks, Monaco being one of them.

Spot on.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby KG3 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:39 pm

Angelito wrote:He'd still do well under a decent manager at Arsenal.

DiamondGooner wrote:Torreira has openly admitted in an interview, the reason he's having problems here is because he doesn't like living in England.

Some people just get home sick and don't realise it until they've tried it out.

You both make good points, it’s a shame though if Torreria was happy here he’d do well alongside Partey and ESR.

Pisses me off though these football players get paid millions and they kick up a fuss because they miss home, if you told me I’d be getting millions a year to play football I wouldn’t care where you send me as long as the money comes into the bank.

Theirs workers out there like fishermen, Lorry drives, cruise ship workers etc, that can be away from home for weeks and they get just enough to cover their bills and family.

Yet a football player can live a comfortable lifestyle even if they’re homesick, have funds to bring the the family over, fly back home on private jets during the holidays, retire with a nice mansion back in the home country at the young age of 35 years old while normal people will be working 40+ hours a week at that age, must be nice to have rich people problems.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:19 pm

Without putting any great emphasis on the point, I recently read an article declaring that of the options likely to present themselves in the summer to our wanderlust sceptic Uruguayan, a return to cold and grey concrete covered England with Arsenal to fulfill his contract is the one he's plumped for apparently.

That the story is it was his girlfriend who was most unhappy living on these shores without the distractions offered by Lake Como to while away the hours when Lucas is away playing silly boys soldiers.

Whether the home life as existed remains the same has no further reference to beyond their arrival in Madrid being much more to the couples liking.

Whilst assimilating himself into the title chasing Atletico starting XI has proven even less fruitful than his endurance under Unai Emery, maybe, just maybe he has grown up a little to not only greater appreciate his lifestyle but recognise that something is happening in N5 worth sticking around for under Arteta given what he has already seen undertaken to revamp the squad.

That come the end of the season and Atletico hold their bottle to claim La Liga, his gold winners medal won't feel so solid and heavy around his neck, bruising his collar bone from vigourously celebrating 'Campione'. Rather, it might feel more lightweight flyaway plastic sprayed gold if within himself he knows others won that, not him and his contribution to earning it was just a smidgen more than Jack Shit's.

In my trying to make sense of why we suddenly felt the need to abandon the likes of a Gilberto Silva, Edu Gaspar and Emmanuel Petite from our midfield structure then all but banish the role completely, I admit much more leeway towards such players, which unfortunately for me borders on an unhealthy obsession to see their likes once again roam our midfield that yes, I confess to Jurassic Park planting some ideas in my head regards genetics and cloning Gilberto Silva.

Would the diminutive South America provide a better foil for Thomas Partey to play his more natural game and permit us a better equipped, efficient and effective central midfield than with Xhaka, Ceballos, Elneny or Willock? Without a doubt for me.

Unfortunately for Lucas if the article is to be believed, the manager's attention has apparently been focused elsewhere regards DM with the likes of Guido Rodriguez, Sander Berge and Yves Bissouma plastered all over the wanted posters. That most like myself probably thought we'd seen the last of Lucas Torreira, yes it would uncomplicate some things whilst allowing funds to be redirected elsewhere but for me, that ship has already sailed and the other options look more and more attractive.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zenith » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:59 pm

Losing a parent at a young age really sucks and tends to change your perspective on life as a whole. Not per se in solely a negative way, but everything you do feels different; nothing is ever quite the same as it was before. I hope he finds the strength to deal with something he shouldn't be going through at such a young age. What I've found from experience is that—as time passes—the hardship does tend to mount but that you can learn to allow, as well as accept, the void's omnipresence in your life. I'm sure Mrs. di Pascua was very proud of the little león she has raised. RIP.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:13 am

Sad, sad news to hear of his mother's bereavement. Rest in peace mother di Pascua.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:50 pm

Zenith wrote:
Losing a parent at a young age really sucks and tends to change your perspective on life as a whole. Not per se in solely a negative way, but everything you do feels different; nothing is ever quite the same as it was before. I hope he finds the strength to deal with something he shouldn't be going through at such a young age. What I've found from experience is that—as time passes—the hardship does tend to mount but that you can learn to allow, as well as accept, the void's omnipresence in your life. I'm sure Mrs. di Pascua was very proud of the little león she has raised. RIP.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

RIP.

Hope Lucas grows from pillar to pillar.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:23 pm

Arsenal's Uruguayan midfielder Lucas Torreira, 25, who is on loan at Atletico Madrid, has said that he wants to return to South America following the death of his mother and is determined to join Argentine side Boca Juniors to fulfil a promise he made to his father. (ESPN Argentina, via Goal)

Need to let him go. Be with his family.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:33 pm

Can't blame him.

Must be extra rough to lose a parent you're close with at such a young age.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:08 am

Well if it's all agreed that the best thing for all parties involved would be a transfer to Boca Juniors, then that would be another £20M pissed up the wall, as even if Boca wanted him, we'd do well get £5-6M from them.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby swipe right » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:46 am

Tragic. I think even Pep’s mother died of Covid. Millions dead and yet no accountability.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:08 pm

The father of Uruguay midfielder Lucas Torreira has called on Arsenal to allow the 25-year-old, who is on loan at Atletico Madrid, to leave the club this summer. (Radio Continental, via Mirror)

Still 2 years to go on his deal, so we will probably do another loan year and sell for a couple of million.

When he scored that 4th goal in the NLD in front of a full Emirates, that was a great moment. This is not the way I hoped his Arse career would go.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:07 am

Pepe, Guendozi, Torreira, Saliba, Mavrapanos. That’s like 150 mil in transfer fees. Mislintat has a lot to answer for.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Paddy » Sun May 23, 2021 8:13 am

torreira wins a league title

thats what happens when you play under a good manager.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Zenith » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:27 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Alexis » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:34 am

2 year Loan with option to buy with arsenal covering 100% wages incoming
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to World Football