Lucas Torreira

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Lucas Torreira (on loan - Club Atlético de Madrid)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:23 pm

Him and Guendouzi's sales will just about cover the Lokonga purchase if we can get €9m each.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:33 am

Random pubber saying he'll be signing for Lazio:

Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Paddy » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:30 pm

he'll smash it there

arteta will look like an even bigger t**t lol
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Santi » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:53 pm

Going back to a league he can handle, good move for us and him.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Re: Lucas Torreira

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:33 pm

Hopefully this sorry saga can now come to a quick and decisive end. I hold my hands up in admitting that the tenacity and simple effectiveness on display for Uraguay at the world cup following on from reviewing some stellar performances for Sampdoria, convinced me that his talent was way bigger than his stature.

If his mentality, determination and courage also followed suit instead of imitating the atom, I have no doubt that the conversation rightfully acknowledging Kante as DM number 1 in England would have included a strong case for Torreira to be recognised as his nearest challenger.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:48 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:Hopefully this sorry saga can now come to a quick and decisive end. I hold my hands up in admitting that the tenacity and simple effectiveness on display for Uraguay at the world cup following on from reviewing some stellar performances for Sampdoria, convinced me that his talent was way bigger than his stature.

If his mentality, determination and courage also followed suit instead of imitating the atom, I have no doubt that the conversation rightfully acknowledging Kante as DM number 1 in England would have included a strong case for Torreira to be recognised as his nearest challenger.

Truth is no one looks good next to xhaka,
And we are probably throwing away alot of players who may have shone next to partey given the chance Guendouzi torrera both may have been a good fit
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:51 am

Yeah I dont agree that Torreira bombed at Arsenal, he proved to be very good in the first season, tailed off a bit toward the end but thats to be expected, the Prem is not a normal league.

His troubles began with Emery tinkering, putting him further forward. I mean think about it, you try to make a defacto DM play a far more offensive role, are you shitting me?!!!!

Then when Arteta took over he didn't fancy Torreira for some reason only Arteta knows. Players do not turn shit overnight. Torreira should have been bossing the middle alongside Partey last season, that should have been an effective partnership which freed Partey to play his natural game and would've meant Xhaka was nowhere to be seen. Alas, its one of many in the catalogue of mistakes by Arteta
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:46 am

theHotHead wrote:Yeah I dont agree that Torreira bombed at Arsenal, he proved to be very good in the first season, tailed off a bit toward the end but thats to be expected, the Prem is not a normal league.

His troubles began with Emery tinkering, putting him further forward. I mean think about it, you try to make a defacto DM play a far more offensive role, are you shitting me?!!!!

Then when Arteta took over he didn't fancy Torreira for some reason only Arteta knows. Players do not turn shit overnight. Torreira should have been bossing the middle alongside Partey last season, that should have been an effective partnership which freed Partey to play his natural game and would've meant Xhaka was nowhere to be seen. Alas, its one of many in the catalogue of mistakes by Arteta

Bro he was a bad buy to begin with.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:47 am

How, when he was one of the bright sparks of Emery's maiden season?!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:56 am

We’ve probably made a huge loss on him, never thought he got a fair crack, certainly as Arteta does was quick to dispense of him.

More money down the drain at a time we can’t afford to was any.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:56 am

Santi wrote:Going back to a league he can handle, good move for us and him.

Yes true we probably only lost about 15-20 million on him, great for us.

On a different note this club is obsessed with loans, Odergaard, Soares (initially), Mavropanos, Torreira, Saliba, Guendouzi.

What happened to just buying and selling players outright?
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:28 pm

Loans to me are a sign of uncertainty, hedging your bets, providing a stop gap. I have no idea why we haven't identified what we need and gone out and got it, anyone wathcing us play for the past 3 seasons knows what we need FFS.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby RW_0 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:22 pm

The most disappointing signing of the past 5 seasons and we've had some pretty bad ones btw.
RW_0
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:29 pm

Started off ok tbf, in the end the pl was to physical for him to sustain good performances week after week
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby themessiah » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:38 pm

Shocking signing ‘weak physically , emotionally unstable, failed to settle in The country , adding to his misery, and got found out by other teams and refs very quickly. He was getting bullied so bad that Emery tried to move him into a CAM role :lol: wtf man :rofll: :rofll:
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to World Football