Lucas Torreira

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Lucas Torreira

Postby swipe right » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:59 pm

No one is giving us 15 mil for a player whose value we systematically destroyed.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby KG3 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:48 am

alexafc12 wrote:Florencetina or what ever they're called are trying to get him for £6m apparently.

What is Edu doing.

We are bad a selling players however I believe torerrias contract ends in 2023, and theirs no way he’s going to sign a new contract so we aren’t really in the best bargaining position with this one.

No other club is interested aside from Fiorentina and 6M now is better than nothing next season
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Reiss » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:54 am

Keep him.

I'd rather see him come into the side when Partey's hamstrings go instead of Xhaka.

What will we do with 7m anyway? That buys you nothing these days. Having him in the squad in a busy season is far more important- if he wants to leave let him go on a free next summer.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby KG3 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:14 am

Reiss wrote:Keep him.

I'd rather see him come into the side when Partey's hamstrings go instead of Xhaka.

What will we do with 7m anyway? That buys you nothing these days. Having him in the squad in a busy season is far more important- if he wants to leave let him go on a free next summer.

I see what you’re saying but Elneny has signed a new contract and he held down the DM role well last season in Parteys absence, it was Tierneys absence and lack of a top CF which let us down.

What good is keeping Torerria who hates living here and isn’t motivated to play for Arsenal, you’re not going to get them 10/10 performance from him like you did during the first season.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:24 am

I'd play Torreira before I play Elneny any day of the week. So I agree with Reiss, £6m doesn't help us at all, but a player of Torreira's quality can help us in the busy season we will have, so lets use him.

That should free up Partey to play his natural game too, Arsenal benefits.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Est83 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:28 am

I think there should always be a route back if you've fallen out of favour for whatever reason. But if someone's insistent on leaving, what can you do?

Players are so temperamental these days too, professionalism is too much to ask for.

Outside of that, you can't have people taking up squad space.

I rated the player, him and Guendouzi, but it's done now. Only shitter here is that it's taking so long to resolve.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Reiss » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:24 pm

KG3 wrote:
Reiss wrote:Keep him.

I see what you’re saying but Elneny has signed a new contract and he held down the DM role well last season in Parteys absence, it was Tierneys absence and lack of a top CF which let us down.

What good is keeping Torerria who hates living here and isn’t motivated to play for Arsenal, you’re not going to get them 10/10 performance from him like you did during the first season.

I'd still prefer Torreira in there than Elneny.

Torreira was Fiorentina's best player last season. Bizarre that they have decided against signing him.

Spurs have just signed Bissouma despite having Bentacour and Hojberg. We need depth with good players to rely on next season and Torreira is a good player.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:58 am

Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:55 am

It makes sense to give Torreira a chance. If we look at Elneny, I think he was originally told by Arteta that he had no future at the club, similar to Torreira. Mo's attitude around the camp and in training earned him a place and new contract. It's possible for Lucas to convince Arteta he's needed. But I also think Arteta needs to look a little more at skillset, not just attitude. As seen with Elneny, he's quite underrated and has been underused.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:39 am

What's going all over you guy's heads is the fact that he said he feels it went wrong for him here because he doesn't like living in England and couldn't settle.

So that's not going to change, get rid and get in someone better like Onana etc.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:What's going all over you guy's heads is the fact that he said he feels it went wrong for him here because he doesn't like living in England and couldn't settle.

So that's not going to change, get rid and get in someone better like Onana etc.

We can't get rid unless a bid has been made. If the club have chosen not to sell because they weren't happy with the lowball bid recieved by Fiorentina, we don't have many options.

- Wait and hope for a better bid to sell or sell for cheap.
- Loan him out and he walks on a free.
- Continue to freeze him and let him walk on a free.
- Use him whilst we're short on midfield options.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:04 pm

Always thought Torreira deserved a chance, but after everything and the way he’s been treated it would be odd for him to come back.

He knows he’s not wanted it’s just that we can’t sell him for what we want, not exactly a recipe for prime performances.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:13 pm

Salibatelli wrote:Always thought Torreira deserved a chance, but after everything and the way he’s been treated it would be odd for him to come back.

He knows he’s not wanted it’s just that we can’t sell him for what we want, not exactly a recipe for prime performances.

It's in his interest to be professional and perform at a high level to earn a move elsewhere. Last year of his contract. I doubt he’d want to rot on the bench. But knowing us, I think we'll loan him out so he walks on a free and still not secure a first team starter midfielder.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:26 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:Always thought Torreira deserved a chance, but after everything and the way he’s been treated it would be odd for him to come back.

It's in his interest to be professional and perform at a high level to earn a move elsewhere. Last year of his contract. I doubt he’d want to rot on the bench. But knowing us, I think we'll loan him out so he walks on a free and still not secure a first team starter midfielder.

He must know what happened to AMN as well, kept and then didn’t really feature.

I understand that earning himself a move will be on his mind, but I think considering he wasn’t happy living in England and he must know he’s not wanted it will be hard to perform at your best, especially as he probably won’t get regular game time.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:53 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

He must know what happened to AMN as well, kept and then didn’t really feature.

I understand that earning himself a move will be on his mind, but I think considering he wasn’t happy living in England and he must know he’s not wanted it will be hard to perform at your best, especially as he probably won’t get regular game time.

Yep, but this is part of man management and squad management. We left ourselves short during the January window because we didn't handle the fringe players well and it cost us. Arteta has to find way to keep the fringe players motivated and involved if they are needed. Sell him if we find a better option in the transfer window but if we don't and the Partey saga takes a turn for the worse, we leave ourselves with Xhaka, Elneny and Sambi Lokonga.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to World Football