2018-19 Squad Analysis and Tactics

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: 2018-19 Squad analysis and Tactics

Postby Sims » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:44 am

Would be tempted to shift Ramsey on the right like we did when we had Santi & Cazorla in the middle
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby ESR10 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:27 pm

Sims wrote:Would be tempted to shift Ramsey on the right like we did when we had Santi & Cazorla in the middle

Ramsey would also give Bellerin more cover than Mkhi.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby arsenalpan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:29 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:My counter attacking system would look like this.
- every man behind the ball except Auba and Ozil who have free roles
- width from the wing backs with Bellerin and Monreal both having good pace
- central midfield would be Torreira as the disrupter, Ramsey as box to box and Xhaka as the player to spring the counter
- three CBs would make the base

—————Auba
——-———Ozil
Monreal—Ramsey—Bellerin
———-Xhaka—Torreira
——-Sok—Mus—Holding

Have you ever seen Xhaka play? It would take him 2 seconds to turn around and he knows that so he refuses to make the turn and rather make a side pass.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:43 pm

arsenalpan wrote:
- central midfield would be Torreira as the disrupter, Ramsey as box to box and Xhaka as the player to spring the counter

—————Auba
——-———Ozil
Monreal—Ramsey—Bellerin
———-Xhaka—Torreira
——-Sok—Mus—Holding

Have you ever seen Xhaka play? It would take him 2 seconds to turn around and he knows that so he refuses to make the turn and rather make a side pass.

Enjoy...
https://youtu.be/SGeVceyjzB8
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby arsenalpan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:03 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
arsenalpan wrote:

—————Auba
——-———Ozil
Monreal—Ramsey—Bellerin
———-Xhaka—Torreira
——-Sok—Mus—Holding

Enjoy...
https://youtu.be/SGeVceyjzB8

WTF. You wasted me 5'26". You really should learn football from the basics.
Only about 1/4 of the video showed him playing for us. Not a single second was related to COUNTER. And the whole video just showed he is good at long passes, ONLY when he sit deep and has no pressure around him. That means, if you play this video in a 80 inches TV, cover the corners and edges with hand towels, then you will see a Xhaka solo.

BTW, whoever made that video has no sense of football too.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:12 pm

arsenalpan wrote:

—————Auba
——-———Ozil
Monreal—Ramsey—Bellerin
———-Xhaka—Torreira
——-Sok—Mus—Holding

Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:52 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Santi wrote:Haven't seen any pressing or us dominating the midfield which are 2 key traits of a 4-3-3. I can see the formation he wants to play but the style is not there at all, there's nothing.
I know it's been 2 decades since an arsenal fan has had to adjust to a new manager, but you sound like a complete idiot mate. Just look at Conte's first 2 months at Chelsea. Styles don't randomly develop in a few weeks.

What the f**k are you on about? Like I've already said, you can see exactly what Sarri is trying to do at Chelsea, whether it's working 100% or not it's clear as day.

When Klopp came in at Liverpool it didn't always work but his game was clear as day. Pep at City, took a full year to get going but you could see it and knew what he was bringing. Jose implemented his style at United on day 1, again not always 100% successful but won 3 trophies in his first year.

With Emery there's no sign of anything different other than splitting 2 CB's 10 yards wider than they were before from goal kicks. Can't see any pressing, can't see tightness at the back...so what exactly is his mantra? what are we trying to get the players used to? That's all I'm asking and wondering, I've not once written him off because that would be dumb after 3 games.
Last edited by Santi on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:53 pm

Sims wrote:Would be tempted to shift Ramsey on the right like we did when we had Santi & Cazorla in the middle

Wish we had Santi and Cazorla in the middle, would actually have some control in midfield.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:06 pm

Santi wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Santi wrote:Haven't seen any pressing or us dominating the midfield which are 2 key traits of a 4-3-3. I can see the formation he wants to play but the style is not there at all, there's nothing.
I know it's been 2 decades since an arsenal fan has had to adjust to a new manager, but you sound like a complete idiot mate. Just look at Conte's first 2 months at Chelsea. Styles don't randomly develop in a few weeks.

What the f**k are you on about? Like I've already said, you can see exactly what Sarri is trying to do at Chelsea, whether it's working 100% or not it's clear as day.

When Klopp came in at Liverpool it didn't always work but his game was clear as day. Pep at City, took a full year to get going but you could see it and knew what he was bringing. Jose implemented his style at United on day 1, again not always 100% successful but won 3 trophies in his first year.

With Emery there's no sign of anything different other than splitting 2 CB's 10 yards wider than they were before from goal kicks. Can't see any pressing, can't see tightness at the back...so what exactly is his mantra? what are we trying to get the players used to? That's all I'm asking and wondering, I've not once written him off because that would be dumb after 3 games.

Saying that there's no difference in the pressing is either naive or complete reivisionism. Secondly our attacks already have more purpose after only 3 weeks. We move the ball from flank to flank much faster than we did before and when we have it there our movement is much better (there's a reason our right flank was so dangerous despite Bellerin having a bad game).

If you can't see what Emery has already changed then you've either somehow forgotten what we went thourgh the past 2 years or can't see things that are blindingly obvious.

If you think that what has changed isn't enough then you're being extremely unfair to Emery while simulatenously ignoring Klopp, Pep and Mourinho's early failings. MANY Liverpool fans were wondering what exactly Klopp had changed besides a lot of running around. Pep's early City team's passing at the back looked just as shaky as ours did early on. Mourinho's style isn't even a style ffs. His entire philosophy is defend first and attack second.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:50 am

Find the flaws in my counter attacking line up. Go on, I challenge you.

———————-Auba
———————————Ozil
-————-——Ramsey
—————-Xhaka—Torreira
Monreal—Sok—Holding—Mus—Bellerin
————————Cech
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:19 am

Pudpop wrote:
Santi wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

Saying that there's no difference in the pressing is either naive or complete reivisionism. Secondly our attacks already have more purpose after only 3 weeks. We move the ball from flank to flank much faster than we did before and when we have it there our movement is much better (there's a reason our right flank was so dangerous despite Bellerin having a bad game).

If you can't see what Emery has already changed then you've either somehow forgotten what we went thourgh the past 2 years or can't see things that are blindingly obvious.

If you think that what has changed isn't enough then you're being extremely unfair to Emery while simulatenously ignoring Klopp, Pep and Mourinho's early failings. MANY Liverpool fans were wondering what exactly Klopp had changed besides a lot of running around. Pep's early City team's passing at the back looked just as shaky as ours did early on. Mourinho's style isn't even a style ffs. His entire philosophy is defend first and attack second.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yago » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:29 am

Arsene Nose wrote:Find the flaws in my counter attacking line up. Go on, I challenge you.

———————-Auba
———————————Ozil
-————-——Ramsey
—————-Xhaka—Torreira
Monreal—Sok—Holding—Mus—Bellerin
————————Cech

highlighted them for you
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby ESR10 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:49 pm

I think our best lineup right now is:

Auba - Laca - Ramsey
Özil
Torreira - Guendouzi
Monreal - Papa - Mustafi - Bellerin
Leno

Emery is already near to it.
Ramsey and Özil need to switch positions.
Xhaka to be dropped for Torreira and Cech for Leno.

Mkhi as first backup for the front four.
ESR10

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:32 am

Ffs :biggrin:
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:21 am

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Ffs :biggrin: