Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
18
27%
No
22
33%
Unsure
16
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
10
15%
 
Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:37 pm

Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:Meh.

You're only proving my point by bumbling around and calling me a WUM. As I said, there's no argument to be posed, there's no discussion to be had, there's no point agreeing to disagree—it's way too convenient to stir shit because you're far too intolerant to accept an opposing viewpoint.

I don't respect your opinion enough to engage in any sort of discussion with you on this matter. If you can't accept contrasting viewpoints, and have to resort to personal attacks, you might as well not bother to engage in any discussion here. You're only revealing yourself as an intolerant, abrasive simpleton with each of your posts.



Ive given you my point of view re Emery, which is clear and concise.

You accuse me of personal attacks when youve been winding people up and causing rows on here for months, then call me a "simpleton"

Shut up and resign as a mod. Youre a disgrace.


Do you have some serious anger issues, or do you feel compelled to act in this obnoxious manner?


I am defending myself. I am not being obnoxious.


By asking other people to shut up in an open forum, by constantly being intolerant of any contrary opinion, and by calling some one else a WUM or a disgrace for posting a well thought out opinion/observation on the situation?

Look at yourself, man. Look at the way you've posted over the last few pages. Unpleasant would seem elegant.

Get hold of yourself. If you disagree with me, just ignore it. If you feel like arguing, get to the bare bones instead of accompanying every post with an insult. It doesn't suit you and it's not helping this discussion one bit.

It doesn't have to get nasty all the time.


Dude, stop this. It is YOU who has been slinging mud, rowing with anyone who doesn't agree woth you

Youve been relentless and argumentative over Ozil, over Emery and over the club in general. Youve been one of the worst offenders on here.

Your arguments are well thought out..... in your opinion!!

You are attacking anyone who doesn't agree with you, either covertly or directly, every single day.

If you accuse me of personal attacks, and in the SAME f***ing POST call me a simpleton, of course im going to tell you to shut up. What planet are you on?
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18952
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Nuggets » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:38 pm

Jedi wrote:Nice pivot but that's not the point. The point is you don't practice what you preach and there's more to your posting that winds up people other than facts and evidences. In the exchange i provided you're clearly the one that's trying to wind people up. Same with UFGN pointing out that you accused him of personal attacks but then called him a simpleton in the next sentence.

If you want to be a troll, i have no problem with that. But embrace it and don't complain that you're getting "attacked". You're intelligent enough to see the difference between a substantive calm discussion where you lay out the facts and posts where it's pure rhetoric against Emery with no real substance... "The Sevilization of Arsenal" comes to mind


At last seems that I am not the only one who sees this. Should be one rule for all not some.

Anyway Emery is not going anywhere until at least the end of the season if the results go against him, so suck it up and get used to it. Lets see how he does at the end of the season. I don't like some of his decisions but he is the manager at the end of the day.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 15744
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Nuggets » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:40 pm

UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:Meh.

You're only proving my point by bumbling around and calling me a WUM. As I said, there's no argument to be posed, there's no discussion to be had, there's no point agreeing to disagree—it's way too convenient to stir shit because you're far too intolerant to accept an opposing viewpoint.

I don't respect your opinion enough to engage in any sort of discussion with you on this matter. If you can't accept contrasting viewpoints, and have to resort to personal attacks, you might as well not bother to engage in any discussion here. You're only revealing yourself as an intolerant, abrasive simpleton with each of your posts.



Ive given you my point of view re Emery, which is clear and concise.

You accuse me of personal attacks when youve been winding people up and causing rows on here for months, then call me a "simpleton"

Shut up and resign as a mod. Youre a disgrace.


Do you have some serious anger issues, or do you feel compelled to act in this obnoxious manner?


I am defending myself. I am not being obnoxious.


By asking other people to shut up in an open forum, by constantly being intolerant of any contrary opinion, and by calling some one else a WUM or a disgrace for posting a well thought out opinion/observation on the situation?

Look at yourself, man. Look at the way you've posted over the last few pages. Unpleasant would seem elegant.

Get hold of yourself. If you disagree with me, just ignore it. If you feel like arguing, get to the bare bones instead of accompanying every post with an insult. It doesn't suit you and it's not helping this discussion one bit.

It doesn't have to get nasty all the time.


Dude, stop this. It is YOU who has been slinging mud, rowing with anyone who doesn't agree woth you

Youve been relentless and argumentative over Ozil, over Emery and over the club in general. Youve been one of the worst offenders on here.

Your arguments are well thought out..... in your opinion!!

You are attacking anyone who doesn't agree with you, either covertly or directly, every single day.

If you accuse me of personal attacks, and in the SAME f***ing POST call me a simpleton, of course im going to tell you to shut up. What planet are you on?


Spot on with that post. :clap:
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 15744
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:43 pm

Jedi wrote:Nice pivot but that's not the point. The point is you don't practice what you preach and there's more to your posting that winds up people other than facts and evidences. In the exchange i provided you're clearly the one that's trying to wind people up. Same with UFGN pointing out that you accused him of personal attacks but then called him a simpleton in the next sentence.

If you want to be a troll, i have no problem with that. But embrace it and don't complain that you're getting "attacked". You're intelligent enough to see the difference between a substantive calm discussion where you lay out the facts and posts where it's pure rhetoric against Emery with no real substance... "The Sevilization of Arsenal" comes to mind


This is a classic case of picking up bits and pieces from an argument and forging your own narrative—a narrative you want to see. If UFGN is going to go out of his way and engage in not-so-wholesome arguments, there's only up to a level that I can take it before I have to question his motive.

I don't think I need to be laying it out for someone as smart as you because you're clearly deconstructing my argument and giving it your own interpretation. You're not aware of our exchanges and the way I've constantly ignored trying to indulge UFGN. But there's only so much I can do.

You're out here calling me stuff when I tried to give you my opinion in my first response to you and was pretty detailed in what I saw and felt. You didn't have to agree with that. That's fine. But instead, immediately after my response, you labelled me so and so, which so much isn't complaining, but simply laying down the facts before you try and twist another statement.

You're cherry-picking sentences and trying to frame it in a certain way, without paying heed to any context nor trying to understand the depth of the discussion.

In your subsequent two posts, you've submerged two different points—one an exchange with a poster whose credentials I don't need to espouse and the other, a dramatic presentation of a genuine concern, a term that was used last season, in doubling down on a narrative that came after I took the time to explain my perspective to you.

It's smart. It's very smart.

The present discussion and the ones that have been has been based on facts and my observations. If you feel the need to dig out artefacts that strengthen your framing of this discussion, whilst it has no relevance to the present argument, you can continue to do so.

But even now, all we have discussed is what exactly? Could you please elaborate on that? That seems to be the only point of interest. I've tried to ignore this. But if you're going to use a strawman to deflect from the actual topic I was trying to talk about, and turn it upside down using whataboutism, you are free to do so.

But please, don't act like you're the judge, jury, and the defendant—all in one.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26095
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:54 pm

UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:Meh.

You're only proving my point by bumbling around and calling me a WUM. As I said, there's no argument to be posed, there's no discussion to be had, there's no point agreeing to disagree—it's way too convenient to stir shit because you're far too intolerant to accept an opposing viewpoint.

I don't respect your opinion enough to engage in any sort of discussion with you on this matter. If you can't accept contrasting viewpoints, and have to resort to personal attacks, you might as well not bother to engage in any discussion here. You're only revealing yourself as an intolerant, abrasive simpleton with each of your posts.



Ive given you my point of view re Emery, which is clear and concise.

You accuse me of personal attacks when youve been winding people up and causing rows on here for months, then call me a "simpleton"

Shut up and resign as a mod. Youre a disgrace.


Do you have some serious anger issues, or do you feel compelled to act in this obnoxious manner?


I am defending myself. I am not being obnoxious.


By asking other people to shut up in an open forum, by constantly being intolerant of any contrary opinion, and by calling some one else a WUM or a disgrace for posting a well thought out opinion/observation on the situation?

Look at yourself, man. Look at the way you've posted over the last few pages. Unpleasant would seem elegant.

Get hold of yourself. If you disagree with me, just ignore it. If you feel like arguing, get to the bare bones instead of accompanying every post with an insult. It doesn't suit you and it's not helping this discussion one bit.

It doesn't have to get nasty all the time.


Dude, stop this. It is YOU who has been slinging mud, rowing with anyone who doesn't agree woth you

Youve been relentless and argumentative over Ozil, over Emery and over the club in general. Youve been one of the worst offenders on here.

Your arguments are well thought out..... in your opinion!!

You are attacking anyone who doesn't agree with you, either covertly or directly, every single day.

If you accuse me of personal attacks, and in the SAME f***ing POST call me a simpleton, of course im going to tell you to shut up. What planet are you on?


There. I'm extending an olive branch and you still can't get it.

I'm not arguing with anyone here. If anything, I'm defending myself. Have you become so blind that you can't see it?

Have you cared to note what you've called me? Even in this post, you're talking about Ozil and Emery. We're long past that. I don't need to agree with other people's posts to know that whatever they've posted has come from a good space, from a logical POV.

You really think I'm attacking people? Are you serious? Bloody hell. Please don't make shit up. How many people have quoted me and have said things since the original post that started this meltdown here? You can see for yourself.

My original stance is that this is a discussion board and we're here to discuss freely. But that bus seems to have passed. It's gotten downright nasty.

You really need to look. Who's arguing with you. Who's mud-slinging. Who's using strawman arguments.

Frankly, I didn't want to continue replying here because it's only going to get worse. But jeez, you people have some deep issues. It wouldn't bother me if sincerity were on the agenda. But it clearly is not.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26095
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Angelito, none of us are judge and jury..... except you. And thats half the problem. You want to brawl in the gutter while wearing a cop uniform. Unacceptable.

Im sick of you painting me a trouble maker when you are much, much worse.

Me, on Arsenal matters im a chilled out happy bunny. Ive left all the angst behind, but you want to not only keep on kicking off, but blame myself and others for your behavior, when at long last youre being called out for it.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18952
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:00 pm

Im going to leave it there. Ive said my peice.

Line drawn.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18952
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:17 pm

UFGN wrote:Angelito, none of us are judge and jury..... except you. And thats half the problem. You want to brawl in the gutter while wearing a cop uniform. Unacceptable.

Im sick of you painting me a trouble maker when you are much, much worse.

Me, on Arsenal matters im a chilled out happy bunny. Ive left all the angst behind, but you want to not only keep on kicking off, but blame myself and others for your behavior, when at long last youre being called out for it.


I'm here arguing with the bunch of you, so please stop using my argument with the other to make things more messy.

You weren't being judge, jury, and defendant. Jedi was.

I agree with the latter part. You're pretty chilled out on Arsenal affairs these days. That's also why I'm surprised to see you react this way. If I don't rate Emery, and if I can back it up with claims, you are free to disagree. You are free to argue.

But this simply isn't about Emery. After all the words that has been exchanged today, it's really not just about a couple of members disagreeing with each other.

I'm all for reconcilation. I just won't accept when false narratives fly around and certain people come out and try and hijack arguments by inserting their agenda on the menu.

On this stance, on Emery, I have been on the minority and the only reason why I'm being projected as the flag-bearer of the anti-Emery movement is because I have been vocal about my criticism.

That's all there is to it. That's the crux of the matter.

I'm not blaming anyone. I'm presenting my point of view on the issue. But as I said, these fallacies that have been expounded today, it was not eye-opening but frankly, paints a very unpleasant picture of the scenario on this forum.

You're one of oldest members of this board. I respect that fact. I just hope we can discuss about these issues in a more civil manner in the future.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26095
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:48 pm

Just one bit of advice then for future ref.

If you want to avoid getting peoples backs up stop with the "Cult of Emery" comments, there's like 2 people on the whole forum who go out on a line for Emery and that's mainly to give it back to those calling them out rather than how they really feel about the situation.

I'd challenge anyone on here to find any poster even the 2 I'm talking about who will support Emery if we finish outside the top 4.

Comparing them to Wengerites has no grounds.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19788
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Just one bit of advice then for future ref.

If you want to avoid getting peoples backs up stop with the "Cult of Emery" comments, there's like 2 people on the whole forum who go out on a line for Emery and that's mainly to give it back to those calling them out rather than how they really feel about the situation.

I'd challenge anyone on here to find any poster even the 2 I'm talking about who will support Emery if we finish outside the top 4.

Comparing them to Wengerites has no grounds.


If Wengerites exist, then the Cult of Emery exists too. You can't have it both ways. If people are going to lose their shit every time, two opposing views clash, what's the point of being here?

Your entire premise is problematic. If we go by your rule, we might as well close this and the other Emery topics, and not talk about Emery at all until the end of the season.

The calling out part is a bit of a chicken or egg conundrum. So, I'd stay away from that.

What has been said, has been said. Those who can understand it, shall and will understand it. What has been concluded after all of this is also firmly tucked in.

All I'd say is that we're here to discuss issues and not act like bureaucrats to throw suspended remarks, or worse, use logical fallacies to twist arguments.

I'm ready for further discussions on the topic. I just hope we refrain from childish remarks and stick to the topic instead of romanticizing psuedo-insults disguised as arguments.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26095
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Jedi » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:21 pm

Angelito wrote:The present discussion and the ones that have been has been based on facts and my observations. If you feel the need to dig out artefacts that strengthen your framing of this discussion, whilst it has no relevance to the present argument, you can continue to do so.

But even now, all we have discussed is what exactly? Could you please elaborate on that? That seems to be the only point of interest. I've tried to ignore this. But if you're going to use a strawman to deflect from the actual topic I was trying to talk about, and turn it upside down using whataboutism, you are free to do so.

But please, don't act like you're the judge, jury, and the defendant—all in one.

I couldn't care less about the original topic of discussion as I'm not part of it. I'm just trying to advise you to stop and think why you're seemingly the only one who gets into these arguments on a consistent basis whether it's with me last season, DiamondGooner, Dejan, Rockape or most recently StockGooner, Rockape and UFGN.

It was StockGooner who found your rhetoric objectionable this time:
StockGooner wrote:But this seems to be a poke in the ribs from a Mod. This whole forum is so aggressive nowadays. You are either Emery In or Emery Out. You're an Ozil fan or an Ozil hater. What the hell? Doesn't help when a mod is CLEARLY one of those and contributes to these discussions in a quite dismissive and obnoxious manner.


Next week it's going to be someone else. There's clearly something about your rhetoric that attracts people to flame you, irrespective of whether you're right or wrong. Maybe try and tone it down if you don't like getting into these kinds of discussions. Or don't but don't be surprised when it happens again and again. There's plenty of people who post negatively about Emery but don't seem to run into same issues that you do.
User avatar
Jedi
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Dejan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Lol

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24597
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:55 pm

Rockape wrote:It’s just too early to get rid of him, regardless of how you feel. He needs the chance to get a stable defence together and playing regularly before he can be judged properly. Our bad results caused by defensive blunders have damaged the confidence of the team and we saw that in the last match.

Like everyone else, I was devastated at our finish last season and can’t understand the Xhaka selections, but he sees it all from the inside, so will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

At the end of the season, he will have had enough time to show what his abilities and capabilities are, so unless we fall apart between then and now, I’ll wait and see.

Mate it doesnt take 18 months to get a group of players to look like they know how to defend. He has made us worse than with Wenger when it comes to defending and he has managed to blunt what should be a potent attack. He is doing as badly as Wenger with better players and more resources!!

Why should any fan stay quiet given this scenario?? He has shown no sign thus far of knowing what the hell he is doing. But note, I always fall short of calling for him to go because I want to see what he does come the end of the season. But I damn well won't ignore his clear and obvious faults and I definitely won't criticise others for calling them out!
User avatar
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:01 pm

Jedi wrote:Nice pivot but that's not the point. The point is you don't practice what you preach and there's more to your posting that winds up people other than facts and evidences. In the exchange i provided you're clearly the one that's trying to wind people up. Same with UFGN pointing out that you accused him of personal attacks but then called him a simpleton in the next sentence.

If you want to be a troll, i have no problem with that. But embrace it and don't complain that you're getting "attacked". You're intelligent enough to see the difference between a substantive calm discussion where you lay out the facts and posts where it's pure rhetoric against Emery with no real substance... "The Sevilization of Arsenal" comes to mind

If people are too stupid to be able to argue against the very well made points - some of which ai don't agree with - that Angelito makes thats their problem. That doesn't make him a WUM at all. WUMs snipe, they don't write explanations and explain themselves fully, like Angelito does.

People are calling Angelito a WUM because they cannot make a valid argument against what he says. You can never compare him to a real WUM, like Andrew, for example. If you think the 2 are anything near the same you are the one with the problem.
User avatar
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby immsun » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:51 pm

Supporting Emery is what is wrong with our club.

Nobody likes the football we play. Supporters doesnt care if he stays or goes coz the football is grade A shit.

Not on ounce of Chemistry between players.

Seems you have to train well only and you are good to go. Zero accoutability on match days. Xhaka is untouchable.

Zero shape or defensive solidarity. No way to play forward.

f**k this dick head. Sack him. Get someone who can make it tick.

I am flabbergasted, we have Pepe,Auba,Ceba,Ozil and look at our football.
immsun
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1775
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Power n Glory, UFGN and 4 guests