Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
18
27%
No
22
33%
Unsure
16
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
10
15%
 
Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:03 pm

I challenge anyone to find a single post where I have defended Emery beyond "hes getting results, I only care about results."

However Angelito, you shit on Emery in multiple posts pet day, you will not hear anything beyond "the club is in crisis", and you continue the CULT of Wenger daily.

Its your behavior that is the problem here. You're a WUM
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18952
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:10 pm

BS221B wrote:It is coming from a guy who called Wenger Ins "the people with daddy issues" for a whole year :rofll: :rofll:


Doesn't sink in does it?

Wenger's demise was 10 years in the making, resulting in a 6th place decline crescendo ........ and you still wouldn't move on, that is blind loyalty at the expense of the club, again, if you understood what I posted then you'd know its a different scenario altogether right now.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19788
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:18 pm

Meh.

You're only proving my point by bumbling around and calling me a WUM. As I said, there's no argument to be posed, there's no discussion to be had, there's no point agreeing to disagree—it's way too convenient to stir shit because you're far too intolerant to accept an opposing viewpoint.

I don't respect your opinion enough to engage in any sort of discussion with you on this matter. If you can't accept contrasting viewpoints, and have to resort to personal attacks, you might as well not bother to engage in any discussion here. You're only revealing yourself as an intolerant, abrasive simpleton with each of your posts.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26095
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:22 pm

UFGN wrote:I dont care if hes a good manager or a bad manager

If hes a bad manager who somehow lucks his way to results. I do not care

All this, people losing their minds, and we're doing well. Come back to me at the end of the season if we've failed to qualify for the CL and been crap in the cups

Until then, give it a fuckin rest

People said this same dumb shit last season and look what happened. Shit Wenger said the same dumb shit every season and look what happened.

More fool you if you want to rinse and repeat the same tired mantra.
User avatar
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:25 pm

theHotHead wrote:
UFGN wrote:I dont care if hes a good manager or a bad manager

If hes a bad manager who somehow lucks his way to results. I do not care

All this, people losing their minds, and we're doing well. Come back to me at the end of the season if we've failed to qualify for the CL and been crap in the cups

Until then, give it a fuckin rest

People said this same dumb shit last season and look what happened. Shit Wenger said the same dumb shit every season and look what happened.

More fool you if you want to rinse and repeat the same tired mantra.


Wenger 10 years of saying it to Emery's debut season though ............ its all about context at the end of the day.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19788
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:45 pm

Angelito wrote:Meh.

You're only proving my point by bumbling around and calling me a WUM. As I said, there's no argument to be posed, there's no discussion to be had, there's no point agreeing to disagree—it's way too convenient to stir shit because you're far too intolerant to accept an opposing viewpoint.

I don't respect your opinion enough to engage in any sort of discussion with you on this matter. If you can't accept contrasting viewpoints, and have to resort to personal attacks, you might as well not bother to engage in any discussion here. You're only revealing yourself as an intolerant, abrasive simpleton with each of your posts.



Ive given you my point of view re Emery, which is clear and concise.

You accuse me of personal attacks when youve been winding people up and causing rows on here for months, then call me a "simpleton"

Shut up and resign as a mod. Youre a disgrace.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18952
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Rockape » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:49 pm

It’s just too early to get rid of him, regardless of how you feel. He needs the chance to get a stable defence together and playing regularly before he can be judged properly. Our bad results caused by defensive blunders have damaged the confidence of the team and we saw that in the last match.

Like everyone else, I was devastated at our finish last season and can’t understand the Xhaka selections, but he sees it all from the inside, so will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

At the end of the season, he will have had enough time to show what his abilities and capabilities are, so unless we fall apart between then and now, I’ll wait and see.
User avatar
Rockape
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am
Location: Puerto Pollensa in my mind

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Dejan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Rockape wrote:It’s just too early to get rid of him, regardless of how you feel. He needs the chance to get a stable defence together and playing regularly before he can be judged properly. Our bad results caused by defensive blunders have damaged the confidence of the team and we saw that in the last match.

Like everyone else, I was devastated at our finish last season and can’t understand the Xhaka selections, but he sees it all from the inside, so will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

At the end of the season, he will have had enough time to show what his abilities and capabilities are, so unless we fall apart between then and now, I’ll wait and see.


Basically this. Good post.

Our performances, though good results, have been too inconsistent. However weve had quite a squad overhaul this summer and people are still returning from injuries. I expect our performances to increase massively over the next month.

If at the end of the season emery has failed to improve compared to last season, he must go.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24597
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:01 pm

UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:Meh.

You're only proving my point by bumbling around and calling me a WUM. As I said, there's no argument to be posed, there's no discussion to be had, there's no point agreeing to disagree—it's way too convenient to stir shit because you're far too intolerant to accept an opposing viewpoint.

I don't respect your opinion enough to engage in any sort of discussion with you on this matter. If you can't accept contrasting viewpoints, and have to resort to personal attacks, you might as well not bother to engage in any discussion here. You're only revealing yourself as an intolerant, abrasive simpleton with each of your posts.



Ive given you my point of view re Emery, which is clear and concise.

You accuse me of personal attacks when youve been winding people up and causing rows on here for months, then call me a "simpleton"

Shut up and resign as a mod. Youre a disgrace.


Do you have some serious anger issues, or do you feel compelled to act in this obnoxious manner?
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26095
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:05 pm

Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:Meh.

You're only proving my point by bumbling around and calling me a WUM. As I said, there's no argument to be posed, there's no discussion to be had, there's no point agreeing to disagree—it's way too convenient to stir shit because you're far too intolerant to accept an opposing viewpoint.

I don't respect your opinion enough to engage in any sort of discussion with you on this matter. If you can't accept contrasting viewpoints, and have to resort to personal attacks, you might as well not bother to engage in any discussion here. You're only revealing yourself as an intolerant, abrasive simpleton with each of your posts.



Ive given you my point of view re Emery, which is clear and concise.

You accuse me of personal attacks when youve been winding people up and causing rows on here for months, then call me a "simpleton"

Shut up and resign as a mod. Youre a disgrace.


Do you have some serious anger issues, or do you feel compelled to act in this obnoxious manner?


I am defending myself. I am not being obnoxious.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18952
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:12 pm

UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:Meh.

You're only proving my point by bumbling around and calling me a WUM. As I said, there's no argument to be posed, there's no discussion to be had, there's no point agreeing to disagree—it's way too convenient to stir shit because you're far too intolerant to accept an opposing viewpoint.

I don't respect your opinion enough to engage in any sort of discussion with you on this matter. If you can't accept contrasting viewpoints, and have to resort to personal attacks, you might as well not bother to engage in any discussion here. You're only revealing yourself as an intolerant, abrasive simpleton with each of your posts.



Ive given you my point of view re Emery, which is clear and concise.

You accuse me of personal attacks when youve been winding people up and causing rows on here for months, then call me a "simpleton"

Shut up and resign as a mod. Youre a disgrace.


Do you have some serious anger issues, or do you feel compelled to act in this obnoxious manner?


I am defending myself. I am not being obnoxious.


By asking other people to shut up in an open forum, by constantly being intolerant of any contrary opinion, and by calling some one else a WUM or a disgrace for posting a well thought out opinion/observation on the situation?

Look at yourself, man. Look at the way you've posted over the last few pages. Unpleasant would seem elegant.

Get hold of yourself. If you disagree with me, just ignore it. If you feel like arguing, get to the bare bones instead of accompanying every post with an insult. It doesn't suit you and it's not helping this discussion one bit.

It doesn't have to get nasty all the time.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26095
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Jedi » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Angelito wrote:You admitted it yourself that you didn't want to dogpile on me. Why? Because you very well know that instead of discussing about Emery, I'm having to deal with posters who act like cultists here. Who aren't interested in presenting solid facts and evidences, but rather are willing to censor the types of discussions.

No, you got dogpiled because of your constant doom-mongering and because, realistically speaking, you are a WUM. I've learned to ignore it or even see the funny side in it like i do with Cripps, but the difference is that when Cripps does it, he doesn't complain about being "attacked" by other posters.

Here's an example of you posting "solid facts and evidences" while we were losing to Villa:
Angelito wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Angelito wrote:Image

Imagine questioning this wizard.

Yawn


Dude! Stick to your don. I've heard if you repeat Don, Don a thousand times, we'd really win the UCL. You should try that.

:kiss:
User avatar
Jedi
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Jedi wrote:
Angelito wrote:You admitted it yourself that you didn't want to dogpile on me. Why? Because you very well know that instead of discussing about Emery, I'm having to deal with posters who act like cultists here. Who aren't interested in presenting solid facts and evidences, but rather are willing to censor the types of discussions.

No, you got dogpiled because of your constant doom-mongering and because, realistically speaking, you are a WUM. I've learned to ignore it or even see the funny side in it like i do with Cripps, but the difference is that when Cripps does it, he doesn't complain about being "attacked" by other posters.

Here's an example of you posting "solid facts and evidences" while we were losing to Villa:
Angelito wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Angelito wrote:Image

Imagine questioning this wizard.

Yawn


Dude! Stick to your don. I've heard if you repeat Don, Don a thousand times, we'd really win the UCL. You should try that.

:kiss:


You do know what Nuggets does here, don't you?

You do realize the kind of posts Nuggets dishes out?

Tsk, tsk.

Carry on.

Btw, you again ignored the rest of the post. Whatever.

And, I refuse to believe that you aren't aware of the context of that post. This shit is unbelievable.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26095
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Jedi » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:25 pm

Nice pivot but that's not the point. The point is you don't practice what you preach and there's more to your posting that winds up people other than facts and evidences. In the exchange i provided you're clearly the one that's trying to wind people up. Same with UFGN pointing out that you accused him of personal attacks but then called him a simpleton in the next sentence.

If you want to be a troll, i have no problem with that. But embrace it and don't complain that you're getting "attacked". You're intelligent enough to see the difference between a substantive calm discussion where you lay out the facts and posts where it's pure rhetoric against Emery with no real substance... "The Sevilization of Arsenal" comes to mind
User avatar
Jedi
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Nuggets » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:34 pm

UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:Meh.

You're only proving my point by bumbling around and calling me a WUM. As I said, there's no argument to be posed, there's no discussion to be had, there's no point agreeing to disagree—it's way too convenient to stir shit because you're far too intolerant to accept an opposing viewpoint.

I don't respect your opinion enough to engage in any sort of discussion with you on this matter. If you can't accept contrasting viewpoints, and have to resort to personal attacks, you might as well not bother to engage in any discussion here. You're only revealing yourself as an intolerant, abrasive simpleton with each of your posts.



Ive given you my point of view re Emery, which is clear and concise.

You accuse me of personal attacks when youve been winding people up and causing rows on here for months, then call me a "simpleton"

Shut up and resign as a mod. Youre a disgrace.

:clap: :clap:
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 15744
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Massa, Sebastianton, UFGN, VCC and 5 guests